Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TV Live / Re: TV Gigs 2018
« Last post by Fred21 on Yesterday at 07:10:05 PM »
That sounds like an even better band!
« Last post by Uli on Yesterday at 04:39:38 PM »
Most photos I took turned out quite blurry (no matter if I use flash or not), hence "TV & The Blurred Teenagers":

« Last post by Uli on Yesterday at 10:14:33 AM »
Good to see the setlist when I went online this morning!  8)
(Yeah I saw how you nicked it from the stage, Rob.)
It was great to meet some new & old friends last night!

We had a very nice fan meeting (Phil, Jackie, Rob-C and me) at the Amadeus. Then we went over to the venue, still a few minutes until official "doors open", but TV came out to say hello, plus I got to meet Sally for the first time.
Inside, Ilove & Wolfgang were already there (Phil was able to make his "surprise appearance"). Later, I met more familiar faces (from many other TV shows, but I'd forgotten most of the names) incl. Jonathan, plus also an acquaintance from my hometown (who works in Stuttgart - apparently he saw TV 15 years ago with DTH on the mountain "Zugspitze"!).
Support band "Autoramas" from Brazil were pretty good, playing some sort of "garage rock".

TV & the Bored Teenagers played their set without a break (as they often do), featuring Adverts classics as well as most songs from "Useless". I used earplugs, which filtered out some "noise", but the vocals did sound very clear (gotta say TV sings these songs perfectly!) and I still could hear the other instruments - BB of course is a great bass player; the band played the songs very close to how they sounded on "Useless" (the album).
Highlights for me: Safety In Numbers, Replay & Delete, Television's Over, My String Will Snap...
Very good to hear a new song in the encores ("No Control")!!

The club was pretty full on a Wednesday night - as in previous years it proves TV's fanbase in Stuttgart has grown!  8)

Took a few photos with the TUTS (my gig photos are a blur, as usual - maybe I can find one or two which are ok), chatted a bit, said good-bye and then went home via train & car (arrived after 1am)...
« Last post by Rob-C on Yesterday at 01:41:44 AM »
The reason I know this is because I stole the set list from the stage...... which is:

Only One Flavour
Safety
Replay
Delete
Lion
Useless
Expensive
Immortal
TV's Over
GBM
Gather.....
Fish
Axe
String
GGE
BT
OCW

GY
No Control
LOrd's Prayer

Runaway...
Good Times

In the top 4 or 5 of the 30+ TV gigs I've been to.
World Of TUTS / Re: Mini TUTS meeting Stuttgart Feb 21st
« Last post by Uli on February 21, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
Had a lot of work to do and was feeling a bit uneasy the last few days, but now I am looking forward to the meeting and the gig tonight!!!
« Last post by Uli on February 20, 2018, 09:38:14 AM »
World Chat / Re: Johnny Rotten / Lydon Interview
« Last post by Uli on February 20, 2018, 09:30:59 AM »
I didnt want to be that comfortable, Mick Jagger-type naughty pop star, he explains. I was in danger of becoming a parody.

*Cough cough*  That danger never went away it seems... ;D
World Chat / Re: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)
« Last post by GJ on February 18, 2018, 09:37:31 PM »
Seaham Leisure Centre, near Sunderland; a big cavernous sports hall, too much echo but a good turnout to see 999 and The Members.
Members were OK, nothing special but they did well considering they were missing their lead guitarist. 999 with Craig Casson on drums, much better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10