Author Topic: EARTHBOUND 3 2004 Groundbreaking TV Fan Club Gig at E&S Elland Brewery 28.05.04  (Read 208687 times)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
EARTHBOUND 3 TV Fan Club Gig E&S Brewery Elland 28.05.04
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2004, 09:52:22 AM »
JEEZ .. im tired after that journey ...slept like a pig through till sunday ..missed TV at Edinburgh last night too ...and cant afford to get to Newcastle today ...boo hisss!!! :cry:

First small reveiw of Earthbound from me ?..... WELL the journey there was long and fraught with difficulties ...we couldnt leave till we got carols dads car , he was using till 12 pm, so we left as soon as we got it , Headed
 for LEEDS to meet up with Jutters and Kerry ( two very nice people ) .
We got them at around 7pm..headed for Elland which we found with no hassle .

There was Mr and Mrs F waiting at the door of the brewery ..WOW we'd arrived ! it must have been nearer 8pm by now...had to go greet the rest of the crew ...

TJ ..and of course TV were the first .TJ looked like he'd supped a few pints of the famous Tomahawk Cruise by now  :roll:  and why not !
MRC5 shook my hand and he was right ...i thought id met him before somehow ,but its just by reading his posts im sure...anyhow... it was a blast meeting more TUTS for the first time .

Fred was there BEER in hand  ..pointing out that i had the same T shirt on that i had at last years HITS ... Infact i was dressed exactly the same ( as he points to some blown up pics of us ...
he was right of course..i wear ALL my Tshirts till they die and fall off  :wink:

Klaus ... having a hard time understanding all the different dialects done his best to understand mine ...my broad scottish  accent  can be tricky to pick up at times ..Carols is worse eh Klaus ? esspecially after a few pints of vodka ! :wink:

TV went on to sing a blinding set of songs id never heard  live ..and songs i simply hadnt heard before !   TJ through his magic gig book away after a while as the Ale began  to take him over like an alien moving into a host .
His sacred gig book  was TOAST !..

so dont ask me what songs were played and when as i havent a clue    8O  :wink:

I do know that TV said to me ..  WELL...there was a lot there you hadnt heard before...  all i could say was   ..AYE !!!  TV said ..EH ?   I said  
AYE !    .....  GAWD i was speachles after that set .

Quickstep was played pretty quick into the set , and i  was over the Moon when TV announced that this song was the song that got the Adverts of the ground ..probably one of there first songs , its allways been a favourite of mine as i remember dancing like crazy to that in my youth ...still would if my bones could take the pace and stomach would stay still .

Our Daughter Moon was there and loved the whole experience from start to finish and even wanted to go see TV in Edinburgh  too ... pitty we couldnt do it.

the Trip home was merry as we played a best of TVSmith tape in the car having a sing along at top volume ..Moon singing word perfect to most songs ( she want s to be a singer ).

TJ..Fred Mrc5 , Klaus , Frenzbob , the Fleagles ...all the other TUTS... ill leave the set list and proper reveiws to you lot ... i just want to say THANKS to all involved in arranging this gig ...and a BIG thanks to Mr & Mrs Feagles from us too cos we wouldnt have managed to get there if it wernt for these two people . Mr F got us motovated enough to make the trip possible .

all  the best folks..see you in Morcambe with TV and band ! :mrgreen:
Bloody hell !

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Jock 'N' Fleag On E3
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2004, 12:20:58 PM »
Lovely gig review Jock. :D Really glad Moon enjoyed it. I couldn't believe the positive response from the girls in the audience.  8O Those from Marshalls were ecstatic in their praise of TV. He simply blew them away. :D

Before I say a few words about Friday night I thought I'd take the liberty of copying Jock and Fleagles chat about the gig to give you TUTS that missed it even more of a feel for the gig.:

jock: sunday morning ...freash as a daisy ..ready to go again ..  [delete] [30 May 09:54am]
jock: HI Fleagle m8 ..how are you this fine morn ? [delete] [30 May 09:57am]
fleagle: morning jock - just watching a clash dvd that klaus did for me - its great [delete] [30 May 10:02am]
fleagle: chhers for the goodies!! much appreciated [delete] [30 May 10:03am]
jock: wow..nice one m8 ... great gig eh ? [delete] [30 May 10:03am]
jock: goodies...not much there m8..more to come  [delete] [30 May 10:03am]
fleagle: excellent!! - no hangover either! [delete] [30 May 10:03am]
fleagle: - though I am sure the pictures will show how drunk i was [delete] [30 May 10:04am]
fleagle: ops: [delete] [30 May 10:04am]
jock: i was rough after the ale..not an ale drinker ... i got soem good pics..TJ looking manic heheee [delete] [30 May 10:04am]
jock: sad at missing TV alst night tho [delete] [30 May 10:04am]
jock: jeez my speeling ...  [delete] [30 May 10:05am]
fleagle: yes that would have been good - do you know who went? [delete] [30 May 10:05am]
fleagle: nice post btw jock!! [delete] [30 May 10:06am]
jock: wasnt TV ace tho eh ? what a guy !!!...dont know who went to Edinburgh ...ill hear about ti today tho ... [delete] [30 May 10:06am]
fleagle: yes he still managed to put on a good show after our nightmare jouney!! [delete] [30 May 10:06am]
jock: cheers ...just said what i remember ..lol [delete] [30 May 10:06am]
jock: hes pretty well used to everything life can chuck at him now eh ? [delete] [30 May 10:07am]
jock: you lot done well to tho... it turned out GREAT [delete] [30 May 10:07am]
fleagle: yes i can understand why he dosent drive to most gigs!! lol [delete] [30 May 10:07am]
jock: we were going to offer driving him to edinburgh ..bit too much tho ..best in the train ... [delete] [30 May 10:08am]
jock: the bridge was closed when we got there too ! had to drive around !!! [delete] [30 May 10:09am]
jock: got home at 7.30pm ish [delete] [30 May 10:09am]
fleagle: oh well - my stomachs rumbling - gonna get some breakfast - was great to see you carol and moon - hope to see you some o [delete] [30 May 10:09am]
jock: left at 11.30 am [delete] [30 May 10:09am]
jock: yeh im off to eat as well..all the ebst m8..will be in contact soon [delete] [30 May 10:10am]
fleagle: same here got back to gatwick at about 5pm and saw klaus off after a beer of course! - speak soon [delete] [30 May 10:10am]
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tj Can Organise A Piss Up In A Brewery Shock!
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2004, 12:40:13 PM »
Ace night, top people and the recording's as clear as a bell! Cheers to everyone who made it, and cheers to Dave at E & S, sound chap, didn't even bat an eyelid when I smashed a glass.

Frenzbob

Can't wait to hear that tape Frenzbob.  :D Well done on taping it. I hope it will help me complete the set list - it was the best of a lifetime! I remember TV kicing over a full pint of Tomahawk Cruise - Smashing :!:  :twisted:   :D

Totaly uneventful journey home and no traffic jams. At the moment I feel like I am living in a bizzare dream. An awsome night, well worth the adventure, but am I right in thinking TV DID NOT play Earthbound.  

Mrs F

Yep I shouted for EARTHBOUND near the end Mrs F, but we did get Earth 2 as an earlier and great replacement. The only other song that got three votes on the request set list not to be played was Swimming In The Flood. They obviously were not obscure enough for EARTHBOUND 3 :wink: .

Fantastic job on actaully making it to the gig after your car with Andy, Fleag, Klaus, TV and you in exploded just North of Leicester. :D Well done Fleagle and the AA. :D It just wouldn't have been the same without that car full. :wink:  :lol:

Great night. Never let it be said that TJ can't organise a p*** up in a brewery because he can. Another skill to add to the CV. Seriously, it was a great night, great company, great ale, great music, and a bloody great hill.....

Alan

Thanks Alan, that about sums up E3. At least what you found at the top of the hill was worth it. :wink:

THANK YOU TO TV, TJ AND ALL YOU T.U.T.S FOR A SPECIAL SPECIAL NIGHT

C5

My pleasure m8. Did THE GREAT MAN deliver or what? You're right, how will we ever top a set list and night like that? :D

Great night at earthbound 3 ...

nice to meet mrc5 and all the other tuts there. also a big thanks to everyone involved in the making of the beer. got some weird and wonderfull pics ( TJ hehehee ! ) and also missed a few cos of low batterys ( TJ ! Lucky sod heheheee ) TV was on top form playing songs id never him play or even heard in my life before !  great stuff. Klaus ...what a wonderfull bloke you are too... all the way from Germany ! ! what a star!

Weird and wonderful! Too right Jock.  :lol: I'm not even sure if TV had heard some of those songs on that set list Jock. :lol:  

Marvellous...

Well...what can I say ......bloody great night - great beer. Cheers TV,TJ dave the beer and all the other tuts for a memorable night!!  

Fleagle

My pleasure Fleagle. I'm glad I slowed down my drinking at the end, 8O It was a night I never want to forget. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline C5

• Republican
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
    • Email
Yup couldnt agree more
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2004, 12:45:18 PM »
Great review jock

Just about sums it up I think

LONDON BEACH
WAR FEVER
DOMINATOR

AND

ON YOUR VIDEO

HEAVEN IM IN HEAVEN

C5
If It isn't invented yet, It will be"

Offline C5

• Republican
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
    • Email
NICE POST TJ
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2004, 12:46:07 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

C5
If It isn't invented yet, It will be"

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
EARTHBOUND Heaven Sent
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2004, 12:58:27 PM »
TJ through his magic gig book away after a while as the Ale began to take him over like an alien moving into a host .
His sacred gig book was TOAST !..

Jock

I found my legendary gig review book Jock...

...But I am missing all the songs after Lion And The Lamb - song 23. 8O

So TUTS and especially Frenzbob, Alan and Klaus (is it right you can only hear The Easy Way and Walk Away Klaus?) please can you let me know the songs that TV played and in what order.

I'll write up the first 23 later today, to save any duplication. :D

Here are the later ones I remember:

Ghost Of Westminster
Xmas Bloody Xmas
Televsions Over
On Your Video
Immortal Rich
Some Kind Of War  ( 8O Yep! A Richard Strange and TV demo 8O I layed out flat on the concrete floor in shock and homage. Cheers Teev :D  :D  :D )
Driver And Passenger (For Fleagle and the AA)
Drowning On Dry Land 8O
Wheels Out Of Gear 8O
Make Your Escape 8O Can this get any better???
Gary Gilmore's Eyes
Not In My Name
My String Will Snap
Runaway Train Driver  :arrow: Conga train lead mt Fleagle and Smit :D  :lol:

The most amazing set list in the history of the planet (and those above don't include the first 23 remember :wink:  :D  :D  :D )

TV you are heven sent m8. :D  :D  :D

Thank you. :D

Special thanks to Dave the Brewer, All The TUTS and the Marshallites for making it the best GAWD DAM party I have ever been to in my life. :D  :D  :D

And, bar the collection I decided to do, everything was free. TV and Dave, your generousity knows no (EARTH)bounds. :D

Thank you all. Definatley the best thing about leaving Marshalls. :D  

:D  8)  :D

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2004, 01:02:13 PM »
Interesting that we both did our posts at the same time C5 and described the night as heaven.

Mind you one chap, who left early, saw TV as more of a  :twisted:  

8)

By the way TUTS, I've just noticed that this post makes this the most posted to theme on the TV Smith Forum. It's even overtaken SOUTHWICK 2 EARTHBOUND 1 That about says it all. :D  :D  :D

Tj Sundown

Offline HosenFan

• Bored Teenager
    • ICQ Messenger - 320709888
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2004, 01:21:21 PM »
damn I want that tape, too!  :D
You can't imagine how much I regret that I couldn't make it to EB3 :evil:
They'll tell you that they love you, like a spider loves a fly.
Promise you you're safe but never look you in the eye.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2004, 01:41:51 PM »
Thanks to all the reviewers, whish I could've made it...  :(
What exactly happened to the car on the journey. Seems like you talked about it, but no one mentioned the exact circumstances here. Not that it was that important, most important thing is of course that you got there!
 :D
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2004, 02:23:19 PM »
Uli

It was such an adventure that I am currently writing a review of the journey  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mrs Fleagle  :roll:
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2004, 03:16:33 PM »
Just a short note that I just put up 37 pics taken by Alan at Earthbound 3.

Klaus

PS: What an incredibly awesome gig! :D

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
  • you will never know who you really are
    • MSN Messenger - info@stagefrite.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • stagefrite - keepin it live!
    • Email
oh my god
« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2004, 03:23:28 PM »
oh my god....i forgot about the conga
nice pix alan.... :oops:
I got some presents for you boo-boo

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
TO 'ELL AND BACK
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2004, 03:34:13 PM »
It’s the big day 28th May 2004 Earthbound 3.  Off Fleagle goes to the airport and collects Klaus.  We have a few hours to spare during which time Klaus gets to see Fleagle’s big organ, we have a cooked breakfast and get ready to go.  Time to get TV, bloody 1½ hours to travel 15 miles to TV’s house, but at least we will soon be out of the London traffic.  First diversion is at TV’s short cut to the motorway ‘Road Closed’, so back in the traffic, TV points out the location that inspired ‘Runaway Train Driver’, then we pass a scrap yard that describes itself as a place for cars past their life expectancy (we shouldn’t have laughed) and on to the motorway.  Alas half the population of England are doing the same journey and so starts the slow crawl to ‘The North’.  TV can’t open the window in the back of the car so ensues a lot of button pressing for TV and Fleagle and at last success, although Teev was a little disappointed he didn’t have full control of the windows.  At last the road clears and Fleagle can put his foot down, then there is a strange smell and Fleagle asks ‘is that smoke coming from my car’, unfortunately the answer is yes. Klaus who had slept for most of the journey wakes up in time for the exciting bit.  So it’s over to the hard shoulder to inspect the problem, there’s liquid of some sort coming out from under the engine, oh dear it doesn’t look good.  So here we are standing on the verge of the motorway with the star and special guest for TJ’s party tonight waiting for the AA.  The AA arrived in record time, the AA man has a good poke around but it’s one car that isn’t going anywhere. So 5 of us guitar, bags etc jump into the AA van and with the car being towed behind it’s off to the garage just around the corner.  Half an hour later and some quick calculations from Fleagle it is decided to scrap the car at Leicester, fortunately the AA arrange a hire car for 24 hours so all is not lost.  Then still in the AA van it’s off to the hire place and all out of the AA van.  So what car do they give us? We started off in a nice roomy automatic Granada and end up with a manual Fiat Punto.  So it’s 5 of us, the bags and the guitar in the Fiat to continue our journey. TV is pleased because the Fiat has wind down windows and he is in full control!

We now have around about 1½ hours to travel over 100 miles and the traffic is still awful, but the rest of the journey goes without any dramas and at 8.30 we finally find ourselves outside the brewery.  We were battered, bruised, weary and worn, but our spirits soon lifted seeing the other TUTS and Smit the beer monster (bless him) made sure we swiftly had a pint of the wonderful Tomahawk Cruise.  Thanks to TJ and C5 who bless them went to the Co–op and bought us some sandwiches for our arrival.  

The rest of the evening was awesome and well worth the journey  8)

The Fleagles

P.S Great photos Alan
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
The awsome, destructive power of Tomahawk Cruise!!!
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2004, 04:25:27 PM »
Well, you saw TJ!!! Just as well HE didn't get into the chemical store!!!

Thanks to TV for the best set (yet!)...

Dave and TJ for the venue and organisation...

My mate Kim for driving... (She's seen TV many times now - but hasn't registered as an official TUT for some reason - honourary status guys???)

Many thanks to the TUTS - what a great bunch you are!!!

Very happy on Friday - very stressed now catching up with work, but WELL worth it! Only time for the briefest of reviews:

YOU CHOOSE! - between Carling and Tomahawk Cruise! (Sorry Dave!)
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2004, 06:31:08 PM »
FRED >>>
 :D  that chemical store eh ? ... HHmmm... we will allways wonder whats behind that door .
OH and beleive it or not ... i had some fallout from the Tomahawk Cruise ale ... infact i ahd a bit more fallout than id expected from an ale in the car on the way home ...lets just say that windows had to be opened  :oops:   AHEM ! :roll:   FARTING LIKE CRAZY ! ill stick to RED STRIPE from now on .   :)  

TJ im glad you found your book .. but please dont ask me what songs were played... i do remember certain people scoring songs of the long list which was stuck on the wall  as TV played them however so check that list .

ill have to PM you about the names of people in my pics as i have a few questions for  you TJ ...one is quite funny regarding a certain person who got slightly erotic ... little Moon being innocent ( yer right jock ) seen a little more than than she should have  :D   i was pissing myself laughing at her responce ...ill PM you later as im pist now  8O  :mrgreen:

URP i feel sick  :P
Bloody hell !