Author Topic: EARTHBOUND 3 2004 Groundbreaking TV Fan Club Gig at E&S Elland Brewery 28.05.04  (Read 203107 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
PosiTV
« Reply #315 on: July 03, 2004, 01:52:34 PM »
I was thinking back to the gig and how positive TV kicked it off.

First Not A Bad Day, then Carrying On, followed by The Good Times Are Back.

Has TV ever started a gig so PosiTVly?

Awesome. 8)

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
E3 Set List
« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2004, 01:59:49 PM »
...Just thinking about that awesome set list sends shivers down my spine.

Over half the set were songs that are either new* or songs that TV doesn't regularly play. :D :arrow:

1. Not A Bad Day
2. Carrying On
3. The Good Times Are Back*
4. Straight And Narrow
5. Quickstep

6. Generation Y
7. The Servant
8. The Easy Way
9. Walk Away
10. Dominator
11. Coming Round

12. Lord’s Prayer
13. People Don't Know
14. Earth 2
15. All The Right Hands Rise

16. Thin Green Line
17. Tomahawk Cruise
18. London Beach
19. War Fever
20. One Of Our Missiles Is Missing

21. Atlantic Tunnel
22. The Sure Thing
23. Lion And The Lamb
24. Bored Teenagers
25. Only One Flavour
26. Ghost Of Westminster*
27. Xmas Bloody Xmas
28. Television’s Over
29. On Your Video
30. Immortal Rich
31. Some Kind Of War
32. Driver Or Passenger
33. Wheels Out Of Gear
34. Make Your Escape

35. Eurodisneyland Tomorrow
36. My String Will Snap
37. Runaway Train Driver
38. Drowning On Dry Land
39. Not In My Name
40. Punk Rock Poem - Gary Gilmore's Eyes

8) Cool or what? :D

Hey Klaus any chance of posting the photo's I sent you a while back m8? :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Good Times Are Back
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2004, 02:44:50 PM »
It's clear with all the work involved with setting up my Corporate and Life Coaching Company ( www.firstlightcoaching.co.uk ) that I won't be able to get the full gig review out fast so I'm afraid I will have to post it in parts.

The next post is part one of Tj's EARTHBOUND 3 Gig Review called The Good Times Are Back.

:D

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's In The Bones
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2004, 02:47:58 PM »
EARTHBOUND 3

THE GOOD TIMES ARE BACK

Part 1: It's In The Bones

I was running late when Smit and Benj arrived on the journey up from Market Deeping. I rushed around getting ready and in my haste forgot to pick up the eight wooden chairs for the brewery and even more important my 3 pint Grolsh flip top bottles for a takeaway of Tomahawk Cruise.

Smit, Benj and I set off at 4:00pm and as we hit the M62 I remembered why we needed to set off at 3:00pm. FRIDAY NIGHT TRAFFIC JAMS! We skipped my visit to Marshalls to drop off my lap top and headed straight for the E&S (Eastwood and Sanders) Brewery. Dave Sanders greeted us with a smiling, but tired face. He’d been brewing since 6:00am. “Would you like a pint?” said Dave, full well knowing our response. Smit was soon sampling and ticking halves of all the different beers, whilst I opted for a pint of the Tull beer; Living In The Cask.’

Enter Paul, the Sound man, and friend. He set about erecting his sound kit as I cracked on with putting up my TV & the TUTS photo’s. The Sound man soon had a mighty sound booming out of his speakers. Neil, the first Marshallite arrived and took Smit and Benj to their hotel to drop off their overnight bags. By the time they arrived back the brewery was covered with printed photos of TV, Richard Strange, Eric Russell, Tim Cross, Attila The Stockbroker, Ian Roland and numerous TUTS.

I went to Puss Garside’s house followed by Dave the brewer in his taxi van. We dropped my car off at my Elland Hotel and picked up Puss and his girlfriend Donna. When we returned to the gig we found that a scattering of Marshallites had arrived. Then the likes of C5, Frenzbob, Fred and Kim and The Poison Arrows  :arrow: Richard and Sharon.

Fleagle called to say that things were not going well. The traffic was bloody awful after picking up Andy, TV and Klaus they had been crawling up the M1. Then just when they thought it couldn’t get any worse the car went kaput. Fleagle thought it might be terminal and he had phoned the AA (the Automobile Association not Alcoholics Anonymous.) They were near Leicester, many miles from the gig and running out of time. Then Alan phoned to say that the traffic on the A1 was awful and they were going to be late. My GAWD it’s the curse of the TUTS I thought to myself. To make matters worse I received a text from Matt of the Marshallites saying he had had some problems and then hit the horrendous rush hour traffic near Nottingham. He’d decided to call it a day and head back home to Nottingham.  

I realised I had a choice. Either get pissed off and sulk about how it wasn’t fair or choose to be positive and make the most of the night. At least we had two barrels of Eastwood and Sanders beer to devour and by now I had a room full of TUTS. I chose to be positive. I had a good feeling all the way through to my bones.

C5 and I started shift runs (aided by Dave the friendly brewer) to buy food for the TUTS in transit and those that had arrived without wine and pop, who didn't drink real ale.

Alan, Chris, Jock, Carol, Moon, Jutters and Kerry arrived late, but as the star turn was stuck on the motorway it didn’t really matter.

As we put on Frenzbob’s specially made Tj and the TUTS party CD we heard a bang on the door and opened it to find an AA van full of Fleagles and friends. TV could still have time to save the day….  

I volunteered to introduce TV. As I went to the front to ask TV if he was ready Mmm I’ll keep drinking this delicious beer” said TV slurping his pint of Tomahawk Cruise. “Mmm TV Smith beer” I replied.

“I’ll just do one really loud bit to see if this is okay. “WWWWAAAAHHHHH! You looked very pretty the way you jumped their Tj”

As I move closer to the mic I get groans and heckles of “get off” from the excited, expectant and slightly inebriated crowd. “Ladies and Gentlemen I’d like to thank everybody for coming. It’s been a long journey for some people, special thanks to my friend Klaus who has come all the way from Germany tonight, just to see this event (cheers!). I’d like to thank all my friends from Marshalls, what a wonderful Company that is (laughs). And also specials thanks to the TUTS that have traveled from all over the UK. May I present Mr TV Smith, the Worlds greatest singer-songwriter.” Cheers and applause echoed around the room.

“Thank you very much. What’s the weirdest gig you have ever played? Against the hiss of what ever that is hissing over their” said a confused TV pointing into the corner of the brewery. “That’s the rhythm section” joked Fred. “The drummers turned up! Good!” said TV carrying on the joke.

“I’ve no idea what I am going to play,” announced TV. “A great list though” said Fred pointing to the set list full of songs the TUTS voted for. “Tj has made a list of 75 songs that I have never played live before ever and I was thinking about that and that would take about five and a half hours and with replaying because of mistakes we could be here for some days or months, but…” paused TV looking around the brewery, “it could be worse.” The crowd cheered the delight at the prospect of being locked in a brewery with free award winning beer and the sound of TV Smith.

“Yep! We have had some problems getting here. A lot of us have come a long way and had various problems along the way. Thinking about what to play I thought the most important thing is that we got through it all. We’ve ended up here - things are looking good! The best thing about life is about overcoming the obstacles and getting somewhere good and this is a song about that called
Not A Bad Day.”

“Today’s not going to be a bad day, I can feel it in my bones, I can see light on the horizon,” sang a passionate TV on top form.

“Cheers everyone. So that was it! Goodbye everyone thanks it’s been great.”

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
EARTHBOUND 3 TV Fan Club Gig E&S Brewery Elland 28.05.04
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2004, 02:08:16 PM »
Thanks TJ, nice review once again, enjoyable reading.  :D
Howvere there's no need for other parts, as the ending:
“Cheers everyone. So that was it! Goodbye everyone thanks it’s been great.”
is just perfect, what more could we want?  :wink:  :lol:
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Josh

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2004, 08:34:54 PM »
Wow cheers TJ, great review of the journeys of all the TUTs to the event ;) I feel like I was almost there stuck in traffic worrying whether I would make it ;) :D. haha.

Yes so by Part 1 does that indercate theres a part 2 coming up? What will be in that then?
size=10]We´re just bored teenagers[/size]
http://www.audiolectmusic.co.uk - Music News, Columns and more!

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Part 2?
« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2004, 10:37:33 AM »
So that was it! Goodbye everyone thanks it’s been great.”
is just perfect, what more could we want?  

Uli

It's tempting Uli,  :lol: but their is so much still to come. :wink:  

Wow cheers TJ, great review of the journeys of all the TUTs to the event  I feel like I was almost there stuck in traffic worrying whether I would make it  . haha.

Yes so by Part 1 does that indercate theres a part 2 coming up? What will be in that then?

Josh

Great days have some fantastic adventures Josh. TV's not called THE GREAT EXPLORER for nothing. :wink: Wait untill I add some photo's on the final print of the interview. :D

The review will be in four parts. 8O I've started Part 2 and you can read a bit of it in Favourite Reviews in TV Chat. :D The problem is time. I've a business to set up and I now have to write a Midnight Creeps review as well. Although that should be quite short as I can't write when I'm pogoing. :lol:

Glad you liked it it makes all that hard work worthwhile. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2004, 11:10:51 PM »
Some more great Earthbound 3 pics online.

Just added Andy's pics. Including a great pic taken right after Fleagle's car has broken down. :?
http://www.tvsmith.com/archives/gigpics.php?sect=1&set=108&gid=314&back=photos&sort=

Also I just added TJ's first batch of pics taken at the brewery. :D
http://www.tvsmith.com/archives/gigpics.php?sect=1&set=109&gid=314&back=photos&sort=

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Andy's Crackers
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2004, 09:02:54 AM »
Out of time today, back on a strict half an hour per day.

Too much time being Abused when I really want to view and talk about positive things like TV Smith. :D  

Anyway got to dash, but before I go I just wanted to thank Klaus for putting up the EARTHBOUND 3 photo's.

Some of Andy's are crackers.

I'll tell you which and why tomorrow.

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Josh

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2004, 09:36:56 AM »
cool, looking forward to the rest of it Tj.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tj's First Batch
« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2004, 11:59:01 AM »
Not my best efforts. I hope the second set turn out better.

I quite like these two though.

Big thanks to Paul the Sound Man. I haven't heard from him since the gig.

This one captures a bit of the atmosphere in that very special location.

Click here to see the rest of my E3 photo's :arrow: http://www.tvsmith.com/archives/gigpics.php?gid=314&set=109&back=photos&sort=

What a night. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Andy's Awesome E3 Photo's
« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2004, 12:09:17 PM »
It looks like the photographer got the better of me this time round.

Tell Andy his photo's are great Fleagles. :D

Driver And Passengers :arrow:

TV and the TUTS consult that set list :arrow:

...Great action photo that one. I'm just printing it out for the back of the bog door gig shrine. :D  

Thin Black Kick :arrow:

Happy Conga! :arrow:  

Fleagles Fist Of Brewery :arrow:

Awesome photo's Andy. :D

Click here to see Andy's other great photo's :arrow: http://www.tvsmith.com/archives/gigpics.php?gid=314&set=108&back=photos&sort=

What a night. 8)

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Josh

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2004, 05:58:45 PM »
great photos guys.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Heavenbound
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2004, 11:03:28 AM »
If you think they are good Josh wait until you hear the gig. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
E3 DVD
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2004, 08:57:53 AM »
...Hmm sounds like you have not only heard the gig but seen it too. 8O What did you think of it Josh?

For those two TUTS overseas that I have promised  :oops: a copy of the DVD to, here is the latest of Alan's quest to copy his DVD :arrow:  

Maybe another TUTS has a good idea that will help Alan out in his quest.

Cheers Josh I've downloaded them!

If only you were so knowledgeable on DVD's......

Alan

haha yes, all I know DVD wise is basically how to copy VHS to DVD because I have a DVD Recorder, but not a rewriter so don't know much at all when it comes to doing it all on the computer.

Though what you had last time I saw was looking pretty good, what else needed doing?

Josh

Its all done except it won't burn to disc.......

Alan        

Oh? what program are you using to try and burn it to disc? and that program you used to organise all the clips, how does that output the files?

Josh

Pinnacle bloody Studio 8... useless! When I looked it up to see if anybody else had the same issues - they did ALL OF THEM, and there's no apparent cure... BUT the Earthbound gig video does look pretty damn good.. you just have to watch it from the hard-drive of my lap-top!

Unfortunately this DVD really is earthbound!!

Alan

Alan, does your camcorder have a "DV Out" because on my dvd recorder I have a "DV In", (along with S-video, scart etc), and if at a last resort I could make a direct copy to DVD, of course this will be compeltely unedited, I could do pauses etc, but not knowing where to put them I would leave them. But couldn't do the titles or anything that you wanted to do.

Though have you looked into any DVD capture programs, I'll try find some if you want that are easy to use and burn the disc at the end.

Josh
Alan

I dont know if you have broadband or not but if you can zip up and mail me the file - I may be able to burn it with my wide array of software  

fleags

Fleags

I've got broadband but they are 2 bloody big files... 8411kb and 1868kb. Are you sure you want them sent?!

Cheers

Alan

yes Al
shouldnt be a problem my end

fleags

Smallest file of the two gone - actually it didn't seem that big so I hope I've sent thr right thing!

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers

Alan

Alan that doesn't sound right, I don't think the entiure dvd will be 8 meg and 1 meg, its more likely to be 100x that size as a DVD when burnt to disc is 4.7Gb and those files you were talking about are about 0.008Gb and 0.001Gb.

Anyway my suggestion is in your PM box and if you can't end up gettng this to work through fleagle then give it a try.

Josh

It doesn't sound right does it?! - I've sent it on to Fleags anyways for his opinion!

Cheers

Alan

Good Luck TUTS

We Who Wait!

Tj Sundown

Yeh, hows it going Alan?

Josh

Tj Sundown