Author Topic: EARTHBOUND 4G TV Fan Club Gig In Essen, Germany 30.10.05  (Read 215259 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
time
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 07:30:00 AM »
Seems that's the trouble... will anyone have the time :?:
Klaus seems to be busy, so am I most of the time.  :roll:
Anyone up for it? So far there's not too many German gigs lined up. We'll see...
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Computer It Says No!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 07:28:11 PM »
Bugger me Uli...

Err maybe not. :roll:

I've arranged it three years runing, plus a TUTS and TAGS Xmas party and I can assure you I was busy. Well maybe not quite as busy as I am now. :wink:

Germany won it fair and sqare in a vote.

Go for it Germany's TUTS!

You know you want to!

I'll beg if I have to.

Tj   8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which G Should We Go For?
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 06:57:42 PM »
Seems that's the trouble... will anyone have the time  
Klaus seems to be busy, so am I most of the time.  

Uli

Looks like you are right Uli. I've just received a text from Klaus saying that he is afraid that it will be difficult.

We exchanged loads of texts and eventually came up with the idea of having Glastonwick 10 at Shoreham Airport as EARTHBOUND 4.

What do you think of this idea TUTS?

As well as obviously having TV live it also has the EARTHBOUND special ingrediant of BEER, as Glastonwick is a Beer Festival as well as a Music Festival.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Hopefully we might be able to do Germany next year if it doesn't happen this year. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
dates
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2005, 12:52:33 PM »
Oh well, I forgot the date of the Shoreham gig, but have my doubts if I can make this...  :roll:
Well, you never know, maybe I can catch a last minute flight.

Anyway, one more difficulty is not too many German gigs being announced as yet. If we had dates we could maybe pick one of these or add another one as the special one... Let's wait and see. If I'd get some help by experienced "earthbounders" like you, maybe I could do it (however it would be easier to "promote" an already existing gig e.g. in Stuttgart or so, as the Earthbound one).  8)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
EARTHBOUND 4?
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2005, 02:25:55 PM »
Hi Uli and the TUTS :D

One of the reasons that Klaus and I suggested Shoreham is that it is in the South and easier for German TUTS to get to. That is why Klaus is going and why Simse and Jurgon went last time.

I'm a bit confused here because you and Klaus were saying you were busy and it would be difficult and now that Klaus and I have suggested an alternative that's fits the criteria, you say let's wait and see and you might do it in Germany. :?

Please let us know what you want to do Uli as these things do take a few months to arrange.

What do the other TUTS think about the idea to have the Glastonwick 10 Beer And Music Festval as EARTHBOUND 4?

One other good reason that I have thought of since is that it will be the third anniversary of the forming of the TUTS. :D

It's your forum TUTS.  :D

YOU CHOOSE!

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: EARTHBOUND 4?
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2005, 07:08:39 PM »
Quote from: "Tj"
Please let us know what you want to do Uli as these things do take a few months to arrange.

I know that's why I said it's unfortunate to have not many German dates lined up as yet. So if you're heading for Shoreham, let's not wait and see, let's keep it to that and I'll see if I can come over.  :)

Also no other German TUTS have apparently read this and/or expressed any interest (yet), so I guess we're better off with the UK...  :roll:

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EARTHBOUND 4?
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2005, 07:37:12 PM »
Quote from: "Uli"
Also no other German TUTS have apparently read this and/or expressed any interest (yet), so I guess we're better off with the UK...  :roll:

I'm not a German TUT, but I would prefer Germany, as going to Britain twice a year is too much and if it matters: I'd be on holidays from beginning of July to End of September - in that time I'd love to appear at an Earthbound  :roll:
nce you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
TUTS
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 07:39:55 AM »
Finally someone expressed interest in a German Earthbound (again)!  :)
Thanks Lari, but of course you know we can't make it comfortable for each and every TUTS member, someone will always feel left behind or won't be able to attend... But as long as there aren't many German gigs lined up we can't even shortlist any (as was the plan).

Where are those TUTS who voted for Duesseldorf and Hamburg?  :?
I certainly wouldn't vote for Hamburg, for me it's almost as far as the UK. If I'd go by train to Hamburg, I might be faster at a UK gig, if I'd go by airplane to UK!  :o

Anyway, TJ, if you go by the old posts in this thread I always said:
We'll keep it in the back of our heads and we'll see whenever German dates for 2005 will be announced.

So I don't understand you're confused now that I repeat this. Difficult if no gigs are lined up, but what can we do but wait? Of course we can get hectic and move it to the UK... Maybe in 2006 we'll have some German tourdates soon enough to get it done?

Offline Lari77

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TUTS
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 08:04:59 AM »
Quote from: "Uli"

We'll keep it in the back of our heads and we'll see whenever German dates for 2005 will be announced.

So I don't understand you're confused now that I repeat this. Difficult if no gigs are lined up, but what can we do but wait? Of course we can get hectic and move it to the UK... Maybe in 2006 we'll have some German tourdates soon enough to get it done?

Maybe there won't be any more dates apart from those already announced  8O
nce you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
EARTHBOUND 4G TV Fan Club Gig In Essen, Germany 30.10.05
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2005, 12:21:46 PM »
Looks like there are still being gigs arranged. I have just received information about another German festival, which will be posted later today.

Klaus

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
2B Or Not 2B?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2005, 03:23:07 PM »
I had a long text chat with Klaus Uli and he felt that it was going to be difficult to arrange it in Germany.

I was confused because you appeared to be saying it was difficult and then when Klaus and I provided an alternative you wanted to look again at Germany.

I was just trying to help Uli as it didn't look like anyone was saying anything about arranging EARTHBOUND 4 on the site.

:idea: The other option is to go way back to our idea of a few years ago and have a German EARTHBOUND 4 and a UK EARTHBOUND. :D Is that a better comprimise?

Like I said the TUTS should choose, so I'll go with the flow m8. :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: 2B Or Not 2B?
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
I was confused because you appeared to be saying it was difficult and then when Klaus and I provided an alternative you wanted to look again at Germany.

Yeah, of course, there was no way of choosing any possible Earthbound gig, as basically there are hardly any gigs to choose from, that's why I wanted to wait and see (also possibly other TUTS like HF might take some time to reply to this, as some TUTS haven't been seen round here for quite a while).

Also you said:
these things do take a few months to arrange

Glastonwick is only two months away, would that be enough?
Also it seems to me that TV isn't the "headliner" there, how long will he be playing? (Don't think I'd wanna travel for a short gig...)

When thinking about it, I felt it seemed a bit "impatient" and premature to cancel a possible German "Earthbound" when there isn't even a German tour announced as yet...  :o

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2005, 10:56:50 PM »
Quote from: "TJ"
Idea The other option is to go way back to our idea of a few years ago and have a German EARTHBOUND 4 and a UK EARTHBOUND. Is that a better comprimise?

I think that's a very good compromise.
We'll do the UK EARTHBOUND and if things turn the right way up we might even get a German EARTHBOUND 4.

The TSUKAHARA Festival in Sailauf could have been a good choice for a German EB. If the following Saturday wasn't already planned we could have organized a solo gig as near as possible to the festival venue and that would have made up a perfect TV experience.

Klaus
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2005, 07:54:24 AM »
Quote from: "Klaus"
I think that's a very good compromise.
We'll do the UK EARTHBOUND and if things turn the right way up we might even get a German EARTHBOUND 4.

Yeah, good  :idea:

Let's stick to that, so there will be at least the UK one and if possible maybe a German one too.  :)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
Great, looks like we are heading for a comprimise. :D

Any other TUTS got anything to say about this. Come on folks it's our annual fan club gathering?  

Do you think an event in the UK and an event in Germany is a good idea?  

What do you want to do this year?

These things do take a few months to arrange

Glastonwick is only two months away, would that be enough?

Uli

It will Uli, because we are cheating here and letting Attila do most of the work. :D Also several of the TUTS are already going. All we have to do is to encourage a few more TUTS to attend. There is method in our madness. :wink:

Also it seems to me that TV isn't the "headliner" there, how long will he be playing? (Don't think I'd wanna travel for a short gig...)

Uli

TV was second in the bill last time and he played a shorter set, but he still pulled out something very special (loads of rare songs and guest appearances by Tim Cross, Ian Rolland and Attila).

Don't forget about the other very important ingrediant of it being a beer festival. The previous EARTHBOUND's were either a beer festival or at a brewery. :D

When thinking about it, I felt it seemed a bit "impatient" and premature to cancel a possible German "Earthbound" when there isn't even a German tour announced as yet...

Uli

Sorry Uli my personality can be a bit too enthused sometimes, I will try to be more patient in future. I apologise. I really did have the very best of intentions.

Looks like we three agree to go for two gigs, so I guess we are all happy now m8. :D

8)

Tj Sundown