Author Topic: A Strange Bloody Xmas! TV & Kid Live In Leeds: 13.12.04  (Read 94963 times)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Nice one TJ!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 02:11:23 PM »
I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I won't be able to make it - some of us have College the next day!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company!

Offline Richard Watson

• Driver Or Passenger?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dec 13th - Leeds
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2004, 07:51:30 PM »
Replied to you personally Tj, but this is just to make sure.  Yeh, Sharon and I will be there and quite possible our son and daughter-in-law too.

Richard
You can't relax just 'cos you're socially secure

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
TUTS Xmas Party Animals
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2004, 09:45:35 AM »
One hit  :D One miss :(

Looking forward to seeing you and Sharon again Richard :arrow:

Shame you can't make it Fred. I was hoping you might be travelling to the gig with Alan. We'll miss you.

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline InaG

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
A Strange Bloody Xmas! TV & Kid Live In Leeds: 13.12.04
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2004, 04:13:24 PM »
Wow, this gig sounds really cool. Great to hear that you finally managed your dream gig.  :D
Unfortunately I have no holidays and have to be in school and as a one-day trip to England it would be much too expensive for me.  :cry:
Give me some place that I can go
where I don't have to justify myself..."

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tj's Dream Gig
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 10:02:57 AM »
Hey never mind Sloopy Punk at least the thought is there.

Sadly a lot of the UK TUTS can't make it either as it's on a Monday night up in the frozen North.

But I'll be there with friends and family watching TV Smith and Richard Strange live at my dream gig of the year, so I'm going to have a bloody splendid time. :D  :D  :D

:D  8)  :D

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Embers Of The AfteGlow Are On Fire
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2004, 12:39:19 PM »
Hey the TAGs are getting into the action (see below).

Come on TUTS. We can't have more TAGs than TUTS at the gig. :wink:

Don't think we can count on The Fleagles this time as they will be Wasted after an all night drinking party in London. 8O And for some reason the journey from Cashallton to Yorkshire is not Fleagles favourite. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So, who is up for a special Xmas party?

8)  

Tj Sundown  posted 11/12/04 0:13 AM    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ Deal Dave, Rocket Ron and Andy are all up for a Strange Bloody Xmas, but which other members on The AfteGlow cast are ready to re-kindle the embers?
"hi TJ what can I say, I owe it to you and the fans up there to do it so yes, let's do it".
Richard Strange...
The Kid is playing this gig especially for his Northern fans...
It's time to get Into The Strange???
Tj
PS: Does anyone know how to get in touch with Hippie Dave Damned?
Any luck with posting the flyer Hugh?

Tj Sundown  posted 11/12/04 3:42 PM    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've now got a double celebration on December 13th.
I've just received my contract through and I start my new job as a Principal Consultant on Monday. Four days per week I will be coaching Entrepreneurs to set up thier own High Growth businesses in South Yorkshire and on the fifth day I'll be coaching for my own Company.
Hopefully I'll now be able to have that pint with the South Yorkshire branch of The AfterGlow.:o)
Tj

$ Deal Dave  posted 11/12/04 3:53 PM    
Congrats TJ Looks like its going to be a damn fine end of the year for you. Will deff see you on the 13th (coach booked,hotel booked(I'm getting to old for night bus'es or sleeping rough !!) & Ticket applied for) Come on Afterglow this is the best gig in the UK in the past 2 years(since Hoxton !!) forget your other Xmas parties you've got to make this one !!!  
Ron  posted 11/13/04 10:44 AM    
Congrats TJ. I'll let you have a Yorkshire to South Yorkshire phrase book 'cos they speak a bit strange down here! Leeds to Hull (where I originate from) is a much closer language! Just had it confirmed that I will be able to attend the gig, so see you there.  
Tj Sundown  posted 11/13/04 11:33 AM    
Big thanks $ Deal Dave and Rocket Ron. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about another area of Yorkshire, Gods Own County.
Well I know what we three and Andy are doing a month today.
I emailed all The AfterGlow Doctors Of Madness fans who responded to my Doctors Of Madness Top 10 Chart yesterday...
Then there's the 100 flyers at the Bill Nelson gig too, to be followed up by handing out flyers at The Damned and Ian Mcnabb gigs. Fingers crossed for a big turn out.
I'm also trying to arrange a special third brew of TV Smith's own E&S Elland beer called Tomahawk Cruse for the event.
Come on The AfterGlow. $DD's right this is the best STRANGE gig since Hoxton. It may well prove to be even better.
Any other takers?
Tj 'Kid' Sundown  

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
The AfterGlow Discussion Board On THE GREAT STRANGE Gig
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2004, 01:02:10 PM »
Hi TUTS,

Here's a link to the Doctors Of Madness The AfterGlow Discussion Board theme about the TV & Kid gig, as annouced by non other than Richard Kid Strange himself :arrow:  

http://amazingforums.com/forum1/DOM/197.html

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nelson's Free To Attend
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2004, 11:12:05 PM »
Hmm there's still a lot more action via emails and postings from the Doctors Of Madness fans than in the TV Smith forum. I presume that's because Richard doesn't tour as often as TV.

These last of the posts copied over from the Doctors forum is about my meeting today with Bill Nelson of Be-Bop Deluxe. Catch him at the gig, all being well, TUTS. :D

Please can the other TUTS let me know if they are coming to the gig or not. My target is 120 plus and I've only got 31 so far. :roll:  

8)

Tj Sundown  posted 11/13/04 11:52 AM    
Both Hugh and Richard are having difficulty in posting the Strange Bloody Xmas gig flyer on thier sites, so Klaus and I have provided a temporary alternative. Copy and click on this link to find the flyer and details:
http://www.tvsmith.com/leeds20041213.html
Great work on the flyer Mart. :o)
Tj 'Kid' Sundown  
Tj Sundown  posted 11/13/04 11:59 AM    
For even more information and chat about the TV & Kid gig copy and click on this link:-
http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
And enter the theme of posts entitled:-
So far there are three pages of posts to look through. Interest is building TAGs. :o)
Be there it's a must for all wierd scenes addicts.
Tj Kid Sundown  
Tj Sundown  posted 11/14/04 10:38 AM    
And here's another of The AfterGlow who is travelling up to the Strange Bloody Xmas gig.
Check out his COWPOKERS TAGs.
Nice one Piggy...
"Hi Tj,
We'll be there.
P.S. - I have a very strange Country and Western Glam Rock duo by the name of the COWPOKERS - we have a gig with the great John Otway on 03 Dec. I play with John from time to time - long story.
If any of your chums in Kent fancy it, pl mail me as it is ticket only and it always sells out. See nonsense blurb.
Peter aka Piggy"
...Post on this link if you are interested in the Otway Cowpokers gig and I'll let Piggy know.
Cheers
Tj

Tj Sundown  posted 11/14/04 10:00 PM    
So there I was having a pint in Whitelocks in Leeds, when Bill Nelson, awesome guitarist and singer with Be-Bop Deluxe walks in and sits oppostite me.
I congratulated him on his sell out gig at Leeds Irish Centre and, of course, I manage to silp into the conversation that his old touring mate Richard Strange is playing The New Roscoe on December 13th.
We got seperated when my friends arrived, but I managed to have another quick chat as he was leaving. I handed Bill a bussiness card with the details of the gig on and he was really interested. Bill is confident he can make the gig and he's looking forward to meeting Richard again. There you go, we loose Joe (David Bowie - Out) Elliott, but gain Bill (Mick Ronson - In Camera) Nelson. It's a funny old world.
What a bloody nice bloke Bill was too. :o)
...Another one of my old favourites ticked off my list.
Tj  

Tj Sundown

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Hmmm... Maybe...
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2004, 06:17:01 PM »
Just had another chat with Kim - we are coming round to the idea TJ - can you reserve a couple of tickets?

Ta, Fred.

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2004, 11:15:03 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Are you going too Alan?
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
and with young Chris???

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
The Young Ones
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2004, 08:24:16 PM »
Fred

Work permitting I'll be there with both young Chris and young Josh....

Alan

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Maybe...
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2004, 08:57:54 PM »
Tra la la la la

Fred and Kim and Alan and Chris and Josh...

Tra la la la la

This almost makes up for Gene splitting up.

Seriously, It would be great if you could make it Fred. :D That would be just enough TUTS to make it the 2004 sequel to EARTHBOUND 3...

...Now where's that Jock hiding. :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  8)  :lol:  :lol:

Tj Sundown

Offline Josh

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2004, 09:35:11 PM »
Aye, If Alan and Chris are coming I shall definitely be coming too  :)
size=10]We´re just bored teenagers[/size]
http://www.audiolectmusic.co.uk - Music News, Columns and more!

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
37 And Counting...
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »
Now 'definately' is a word I really like Josh. :D

Your entry is reserved Fred.  :D If any TUTS are a definate and want a ticket (it will look great on your gig shrine wall Josh) please let me know.

The flyer is now up on the Doctors Of Madness News page called Another Bulletin. :D

I just recieved news that our old E3 friend The Soundman is coming along with his two kids who are both keen musicians. Someone to chat to Chris and Josh. :D

Just recieved this email from Richard  :arrow: 's mate Leigh Sayers. :arrow:

TJ

Nice to hear from you.  Sunderland and probably Leeds. Can't make Newcastle (pissed in Whitby). The New Roscoe is a good venue, I went there recently to see Kevin Coyne, pulse quickened when I saw TV listed.

Leigh

That makes 37 attendees. Almost a third of the way there and this doesn't include any of the 100 Be-Bop Deluxe fans who took a flyer at the Bill Nelson gig, or any of the Ian Mcnabb or Damned fans that will also recieve a flyer when Mart and I hand out flyers at thier December gigs.

...It does, of course, include Bill Nelson himself. 8)

:D  8)  :D

Tj Sundown