Author Topic: Thanks TV - When do we see you in Aussie next?  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Alex Daly

• One Chord Wonder
    • View Profile
Thanks TV - When do we see you in Aussie next?
« on: December 05, 2007, 03:19:56 AM »
To Tim via Administrator,
You may have been in Australia 10 months ago, but I'm still buzzing from the gigs. Does Tim plan to tour here again soon. I'm sure the previous crew would be willing to organise/play with him again. Hope current tour is going well in Europe.
Kind regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:24:51 PM by Tj »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks, and when do we see you In Aussie Next.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

No idea when TV will be back in Australia.
But where have you been the last 10 months?  ;)
We've had some reviews from the Australian tour and other threads on Australia in general.  :)
http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=4146.0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:58:28 AM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline snajik

• Driver Or Passenger?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:08:07 AM »
Yep we're still buzzing alright up here in Australia re those fine gigs. I've been pushing my barrow for a TV return tour in the relevant quarters. Roger who was involved with bringing Tim out last time is quite keen to get him back out again and last I heard he was looking for an appropriate act that Tim could tour with. We're having the summer festival season here at the moment. I reckon Tim could easily slot in at either the Byron Bay Blues / Roots Festival or Woodford. Either way I'll put some more pressure on Roger if I haven't heard anything more over the month or so.

Which gigs did you make it along to Alex?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:23:19 PM »
Roger who was involved with bringing Tim out last time is quite keen to get him back out again and last I heard he was looking for an appropriate act that Tim could tour with. We're having the summer festival season here at the moment.

Well, you can have "our" TV for a while, but only if you send us some of your finest Aussie bands instead! (Two of the best gigs I saw in 2007 were Australian bands, Radio Birdman and The Drones.)

Offline Willi

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »
Hey Uli - how about you give us "your" TV for a while and you can have our Wolfmother? No, seriously, for keeps. No need to EVER send them back. That would be a bargain...

If someone get can bloody Chris Bailey onside, we will send you a reformed The Saints (after they do a tour here, with TV of course). They did reform for a one-off gig in Brisbane last year, which by all accounts was pretty amazing, but that was it. Bailey has returned to being obstinate ever since. Or was it Ed Kuepper who was obstinate? Or both?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 01:03:31 PM »
Erm, I don't know much about Wolfmother... And after what you say I don't wanna know more.  ;D
Yeah, I'd love to see The Saints reformed. No probs to send you TV again (after he's done several tours of Europe of course)!  ;)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »
I think they're both being rather obstinate - and appararently Bailey's current "Saints" are well worth avoiding!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Re: Thanks TV - When do we see you in Aussie next?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 01:29:47 PM »
I was coaching Lisa yesterday (against the consistant roar of "don't dare try this stuff at home") and it went really well. Lisa's put a great goal attainment plan together. I stupidly suggested what I could do to help her celebrate on achieving her goal. After some thought she came up with a desinger outfit and a trip to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.

Me I was thinking more along the lines of a couple of pints and a nut roast in The Albion in Clifford. :-[ ;D ;D ;D

So Teev when are we on our World Tour? ;D 
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight