Author Topic: TV & Band live in Stuttgart, June 7th  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
TV & Band live in Stuttgart, June 7th
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:32 AM »
So here's my little review:

While driving down to Stuttgart I got myself in the mood by listening to the mainstream pop-rock on the radio...   :lol:
Ha ha, no I listened to MO of course!  :)
After I parked my car I went in the direction of the venue, when suddenly I spotted a familiar person taking the same direction - I caught up with TV himself, who was in a bit of a hurry, but we chatted a bit about the tour which went well (only they have had some very long drives between the gigs, Wien in Austria to Stuttgart, then to Wiesbaden, then Luzern in Switzerland, then Munich...)!
After a short walk, we arrived at the 1210, which is a nice little club (a bit like a bar with a stage, ha ha).
Inside I met a few people I know incl. René (though the one person who'd told me about TV's gig in Stuttgart before it was on the homepage, wasn't there!), I introduced TV to Frieder, who used to organise gigs around Goeppingen, but he told us he currently doesn't do gigs anymore (but I still hope one day he'll book TV)...
Later I also met Forum member "Scheisserle" who recognised me from photos on the site!  :o  Nice to meet you!

Soon the Tigerbombs went on stage, playing their catchy songs which seemed very 60's-garage-pop-inspired to me (incl. an organ which sounded very Sixties)! They played fast and with lots of energy, the crowd loved it.  :)
Btw, there were quite many people in, TV and me thought it might have to do with a certain Hosen drummer...  8)
The gig by TV and his band was very good, though for some reason it took me a few songs to really get into it.
They played many of the "punky" tracks of course, but a few slower ones as well. It was good to hear the songs from the new album in a similar arrangement as on the CD. Of course it was also great to listen to e.g. "Only One Flavour" and many others with the drummer who played on the studio recordings!  "Lion And The Lamb" sounded very similar to the "Useless" album version. The band members all played well, of course they weren't exactly what you call "subtle", but that was not the point of this rather "punky" tour anyway.
The setlist was the same as the other gigs, I think. Highlights for me:
Safety In Numbers, Expensive Being Poor, Ticket out of here (very different arrangement compared to the album version on NABD!), One Chord Wonders, Second Class Citizens ...

The audience was enthusiastic and really enjoyed the band. I liked that moment in "Bombsite Boy" (I think it was) when the band all stopped for a moment and stood still like in a freeze-frame and the audience started singing "Hey ho let's go" before the song kicked in again!!  :D

After the show I talked to some people for quite a while, then said good-bye to TV (who sat in the tiny backstage area set up in the corner behind the bar / near the stage), adding that I might make it to Munich on Saturday...

8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline C5

• Republican
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
    • Email
NICE REVIEW ULI
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

C5
If It isn't invented yet, It will be"

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
it gave a recording of this gig  :!:
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline C5

• Republican
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
    • Email
SOUNDS GREAT TO ME MATE
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:48:24 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

C5
If It isn't invented yet, It will be"

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
recording
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
What, a recording? No one told me, I want one.  :o
Thanks C5, my pleasure.  :D

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 08:18:09 PM »
Thanks for the great review Uli! I've understand the most from your text even.  :)
greetings from Berlin
loki

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: TV & Band live in Stuttgart, June 7th
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:19:19 PM »
Quote from: "Uli"
So here's my little review:

While driving down to Stuttgart I got myself in the mood by listening to the mainstream pop-rock on the radio...   :lol:
Ha ha, no I listened to MO of course!  :)
After I parked my car I went in the direction of the venue, when suddenly I spotted a familiar person taking the same direction - I caught up with TV himself, who was in a bit of a hurry, but we chatted a bit about the tour which went well (only they have had some very long drives between the gigs, Wien in Austria to Stuttgart, then to Wiesbaden, then Luzern in Switzerland, then Munich...)!
After a short walk, we arrived at the 1210, which is a nice little club (a bit like a bar with a stage, ha ha).
Inside I met a few people I know incl. René (though the one person who'd told me about TV's gig in Stuttgart before it was on the homepage, wasn't there!), I introduced TV to Frieder, who used to organise gigs around Goeppingen, but he told us he currently doesn't do gigs anymore (but I still hope one day he'll book TV)...
Later I also met Forum member "Scheisserle" who recognised me from photos on the site!  :o  Nice to meet you!

Soon the Tigerbombs went on stage, playing their catchy songs which seemed very 60's-garage-pop-inspired to me (incl. an organ which sounded very Sixties)! They played fast and with lots of energy, the crowd loved it.  :)
Btw, there were quite many people in, TV and me thought it might have to do with a certain Hosen drummer...  8)
The gig by TV and his band was very good, though for some reason it took me a few songs to really get into it.
They played many of the "punky" tracks of course, but a few slower ones as well. It was good to hear the songs from the new album in a similar arrangement as on the CD. Of course it was also great to listen to e.g. "Only One Flavour" and many others with the drummer who played on the studio recordings!  "Lion And The Lamb" sounded very similar to the "Useless" album version. The band members all played well, of course they weren't exactly what you call "subtle", but that was not the point of this rather "punky" tour anyway.
The setlist was the same as the other gigs, I think. Highlights for me:
Safety In Numbers, Expensive Being Poor, Ticket out of here (very different arrangement compared to the album version on NABD!), One Chord Wonders, Second Class Citizens ...

The audience was enthusiastic and really enjoyed the band. I liked that moment in "Bombsite Boy" (I think it was) when the band all stopped for a moment and stood still like in a freeze-frame and the audience started singing "Hey ho let's go" before the song kicked in again!!  :D

After the show I talked to some people for quite a while, then said good-bye to TV (who sat in the tiny backstage area set up in the corner behind the bar / near the stage), adding that I might make it to Munich on Saturday...

8)

Danke Ulli für den Bericht,

hab mich richtig wohl gefühlt in dem Club gestern abend, meine Lieblingsmusik und eine familiäre Atmosphäre, keine Sekunde war uns langweilig.
In der hier abgedruckten Setliste fehlt "Driver or Passenger !" oder hab ich geträumt, meine er hätte das gestern gespielt.

Hau rein
Scheißerle
Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
stuttgart
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:31:32 AM »
Loki, you will also get a personal review later by email...  :)

Scheisserle, ja ein schöner Abend... Gute Atmosphäre.
"Driver Or Passenger" war glaub ich nicht dabei, aber "Ticket out of here" (klang ziemlich anders als die Studio Version)...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
PS
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »
Some things I forgot to mention:
TV played his acoustic guitar on a few songs! Surprisingly I could actually hear it. Good job by the soundman :!:

Later I told TV they were missing one thing on stage:
Tim Cross with his keyboard should be there, so they wouldn't have any room to move on the small stage!  :lol:

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
TV's Punky German Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 11:54:55 AM »
Tim Cross. 8O

Great reveiw Uli. :D

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
hm
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 01:51:56 PM »
Thanks! Unfortunately I got a bit of a sore throat today (in June, grrr!), so not sure if I'll go to Munich, another gig in a smoky club is probably nothing to help my sore throat...  :(

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
pics
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 07:56:56 AM »
Scheisserle already gave the link in Wiesbaden thread. But here once more, great photos from the gig in Stuttgart:

http://www.keitan.de/

Click on "Konzertfotos", there you'll find 'em all.  :D