Author Topic: TV in amerika  (Read 2345 times)

Mark C

TV in amerika
« on: July 14, 2002, 07:57:39 PM »
I was at the Arlene Grocery show on the 5th.  A nice intimate little venue - the first time I had been there and was favorably impressed.  Atilla was very entertaining.  Had not seen him perform before.  He won me over when he did a cover of I Won't Run Away.  The first time I had heard anyone do a Richard Strange song since I saw The Kid perform The Phenomenal Rise twenty years ago in Los Angeles.  Thank you, Atilla!

TV was his usual charming, energetic self.  Played a dozen or so songs in the acoustic set.  I had seen him 3 years ago at The Weavers, so I knew what to expect there.  What I wasn't prepared for was what happened when the backup band, Last Burning Embers, joined him on stage.  OH MY GOD!  My hat is off to them.  They couldn't have had much time to rehease with TV put they pulled off a flawless set.  And the energy that TV picked up from them pushed his performance to a whole new level.  I would happily have stayed all night to listen to them go through the entire Adverts/TV back catalog.  Unfortunately, they only did 6 songs.

Did anyone see the DCN webcast?  Was it any good?

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
DCN Webcast
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 08:19:00 AM »
Alas no,

It was on in the early hours of the morning here, by my calculation 5.00am.  :cry:

Hoping they will put it in the sites archives  :)

Mrs Fleaagle  :roll:
e have guided missiles and misguided men.