Author Topic: TV's Xmas Pressie  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
TV's Xmas Pressie
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:05:33 PM »
I have just had chance to sit down and check out Teev's Xmas Pressie and after searching out my favourites, I was pleasntly surprised to find  2 new songs on there  8O

I Can See Clearly and and See Through maybe we might get treated to these on Sunday at The Castaway Party as our New Year pressie  :D (just a small hint)  :D

A tip for the non German speakers skip the intro and Intermezzo (which is not a very popular new song  :lol: ) :oops:

Mrs Fleagle   :roll:
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
CD
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:13:35 PM »
To be honest, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet...  :oops:
It's because I prefer to listen to music via my stereo or maybe sometimes even while working (depending on wot I do)...
So I guess I have to find a way to get it on a CD. I'm sure this machine can do it, but I'm too dumb to find out. Must ask my sis.  :)

Looking at the list there's a bunch of new songs in it:
see through
weak glue
land of plenty
I wish I could see clearly

8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
The Land Of Plenty
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »
Land Of Plenty is a superb 80's demo, Uli. I really love the unusual version that TV performs on our Xmas gift. It sounds quite unique to the other tracks.

As it's Goldfinger 007 year I think that TV playing this live again is an omen that we are all going to have a great year.

Here's the secret of how to enter the Land Of Plenty...

Spend 70% of what you earn and have fun spending it. The more you love spending money the more you will want to earn it. Something my tight Yorkshire heart has only just figured out.

Invest 10% wisely. No surprises with that one. But do we all do it?

Spend 10% paying off your debts. Smit has been overpaying his mortgage for the last few yeras and now owns his house. I have never paid off my debt and will be paying my mortgage for decades. Who got it right?  :oops:

Give away 10%.  8O  8O  8O

Anthony Robbins says in his wonderful book Unlimited Power that the secret of live is giving.

So I packed up the three books I was most looking forward to reading and gave them away to someone who was going through a hard time. Not the easiest thing in the World to do for a Yorkshireman.  

...Now we know why the Fleagles are so happy. They have both figured out the secret of life. :D

By the way thanks for the Christmas present TV. :D

I Wish I Could See Clearly and See Through are my favourite songs off the next album Mrs F. :D  

...In fact I Wish I Could See Clearly reminds me of another book I've just read that helped me to finally see things clearly. But that's another story. :wink:

Think I'll play TV's gift now. :D
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
The good, the bad and the Happy New Year!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »
Not heard it yet - just downloaded it, but I see he's back then...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Impeccable With My Word
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
Of course I am Fred. It's 007 and I'm back as I promised. My word is my Bond. :wink:

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: The Land Of Plenty
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 09:05:32 PM »
Quote from: "Tj"
Land Of Plenty is a superb 80's demo, Uli. I really love the unusual version that TV performs on our Xmas gift. It sounds quite unique to the other tracks.

Thanks for the info. Heard it in Essen, but didn't know it was an old demo (but I knew it was NOT from the soundtrack of the movie with the same title, which does feature a TV track [Expensive Being Poor]).  :)

Quote from: "Tj"

Give away 10%.  8O  8O  8O

Anthony Robbins says in his wonderful book Unlimited Power that the secret of live is giving.

Ever read the Holy Bible? I think it says the same... (don't know where, but it also says there's nothing new under the sun).  :o
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Land of Plenty
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »
Yes.

Tony's main source on wealth comes from the book The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. Much of the information is taken from the clay tablets found in the ruins of Babylon.

The problem with common snse Uli is that although it may well have been around for a long time, it is not that common. :D

Tj Sundown