Author Topic: Augsburg, Abraxas March 4th 2007 Review  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Augsburg, Abraxas March 4th 2007 Review
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »
So, here it is as promised:
after quite a stressful journey on a rather crowded motorway I arrived in Augsburg at the "Kulturhaus Abraxas" around 9pm (it was easy to find as I'd watched a TV gig at the same place back in 2004).
A few people were already there. Had a look at the stage, which seemed empty, no guitar there (wondered if TV hadn't arrived yet, but I shouldn't have worried). The stereo behind the bar blasted out the Damned's "New Rose" so I said thank you by buying a beer. Then I sat down and chatted with the beer bottle.  ;)
I started feeling a little tired, no wonder after a weekend with a birthday party and a gig and now another one the next night... Then suddenly TV appeared, said hello and we chatted a bit, this of course lifted my spirit up! Not long thereafter he was going to start the gig, "Not A Bad Day" was not a bad start! Then "Good Times Are Back" and after this one I can't tell you all the songs and absolutely not in correct order. But I'll list the "highlights" I can remember:
Not In My Name, Ghost Of Westminster, One Million Pounds, I Wish I Could See Clearly, Immortal Rich, New Church, We Who Wait, This Year Next Year, Future Used To Be Better (this was performed at the first TV gig I ever saw and it's still one of the best), Generation Y, Lion And The Lamb, GGE, Bored Teenagers, No Time To Be 21, One Chord Wonders, Clone Town, Runaway Train Driver
At the start of "Useless" there was a broken string, so this wasn't performed, but we got "My String Will Snap" instead! If there was one song I would've requested this night, it would've been "On Your Video", but TV played it quite early in the set (and I must admit that tears were welling in my eyes again)...
He told me afterwards that he currently plays it when any TUTS are present. Also at the last few gigs he did the odd Channel 5 track...
This was another one of those small intimate acoustic shows and I enjoyed it very much!!! If I can think of anything to add to this little review, I will do so later today. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the gig in Horb/Muehringen on Thursday, so you might have to read another one of my bla-bla reviews very soon!  ;D
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Augsburg, Abraxas March 4th 2007 Review
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the review Uli  :)

This was another one of those small intimate acoustic shows and I enjoyed it very much!!!

The acoustic sets at smaller venues are great, you get to hear so many more and varied songs  8)

You make sure you chill out for the next few days if your planning to go to Thursdays gig  :D

Mrs Fleagle  ::)
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:25:48 PM »
The acoustic sets at smaller venues are great, you get to hear so many more and varied songs  8)

You make sure you chill out for the next few days if your planning to go to Thursdays gig  :D

Yeah, I need a bit of a rest, I guess, really tired today but work to do...  ::)
Next few nights should be quiet though (going to bed early etc.)!

Indeed I love those acoustic gigs because the setlists are more unpredictable, spontaneous changes are possible (in fact now I do remember someone shouting for "March of the Giants" at the encore and TV played it)!  :)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
Nice one Uli , glad you were to enjoy the gig , now go REST  ::) :P
Bloody hell !

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:08 PM »
Then I sat down and chatted with the beer bottle.

Uli

;D ;D ;D

If there was one song I would've requested this night, it would've been "On Your Video", but TV played it quite early in the set (and I must admit that tears were welling in my eyes again)...

He told me afterwards that he currently plays it when any TUTS are present. Also at the last few gigs he did the odd Channel 5 track...

Uli

Respect Teev. :)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
Don't worry Jock, I did have a rest last night and probably will do so for the next two...  :)

Tj, I'm looking forward to see those setlists, as I don't know which ones he chose. (I mentioned that at some of those gigs in Bavaria there probably weren't any TUTS and Teev said he did play C 5 tracks here and there... Also apparently in Austria there was one big fan who was totally knocked out by the fact that TV played in his village, somewhere in the mountains!)

One thing I'd forgotten to tell which was special in Augsburg: the stage lighting was red, so TV threw a shadow on the wall behind which looked exactly like the MO cover pic!!  :D

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »

Thanks a lot for the nice review Uli!!! I hope you enjoyed the gig!  :)
I'm a little bit sad I hadn't see any from the concerts.  :'(
greetings from Berlin
loki

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
If you hurry, you might make it to Essen tonight!  ;)
Have fun in London and maybe you wanna come down here to the South in July when TV plays the Helfenstein Festival, which is almost on my doorstep!!  :D

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 02:11:50 PM »
Oh sorry, I can't drive to Essen today - I would "play" a nurse for my daughter!  :(
greetings from Berlin
loki