Author Topic: Muehringen Cafe AmErika March 8th, 2007 Review  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Muehringen Cafe AmErika March 8th, 2007 Review
« on: March 09, 2007, 10:16:51 AM »
Another very good solo gig. I used the opportunity to do some business not too far away from Horb/Muehringen (why driving there twice when you can do it in one go?), then drove on to the Cafe AmErika, a familiar place already (been there at gig 2004-'05, but missed the one last year).
Downstairs (where the stage is) I heard some voices, so I had a look, it was TV, Pamp and two fans. One of them had come from Basel (Switzerland!) and the other from Tuebingen. In fact the latter one did see TV in London with the Explorers back in '81 and was pleased that TV did remember that gig!
After the very loud local support band Mom's day, TV started his gig with "Only One Flavour". He played many songs which were performed in Augsburg too, so I won't list them all (wait for the setlists in the Archives). But I will tell you the "special" ones:
Great British Mistake, Driver Or Passenger (hadn't heard that live for quite a long time!), See Through, Weak Glue (always good to hear new ones), Tomahawk Cruise (for the guy from the Explorers gig), Fire In The Darkness (no "On your video" tonight, but this made up for it!)...
Typical for Muehringen (difficult name for TV btw, he apparently navigated Pamp to Moehringen, which is not the correct place!) the audience enjoyed the songs from the Useless Best Of album very much and sang along loudly! The "big hit" for them is still "Big Fish", another big one is the title track...
They must have bought the new album last year, as they were singing along to the final song "Good Times Are Back" as well!  :)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline loki

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
Re: Muehringen Cafe AmErika March 8th, 2007 Review
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 01:21:17 PM »

Hello Uli,

many thanks for the review!!! I hope so much you had fun!  :)

Greetings
loki
greetings from Berlin
loki

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
Yes I did, I was very tired on Friday, but it was worth it.  :D

Some afterthoughts:
Songs I'd forgotten to mention were "World Just Got Smaller",  "Ready for the Axe to drop" (a request) and "Xmas Bloody Xmas" (in March, yes, another request by the audience)!
Also someone shouted it wasn't very "punk", when TV tuned his guitar in midst of the gig. 
He used a small device for this and replied he can't do it by ear, so that's punk! ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:03:59 PM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »
I used the opportunity to do some business not too far away from Horb/Muehringen

Uli that is such a TJ thing to do  :o

Glad you had a good time and had people to talk to, not just bottles  ;)

Mrs Fleagle  ::)
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
I used the opportunity to do some business not too far away from Horb/Muehringen

Uli

Uli that is such a TJ thing to do 

Mrs F

Some lead. Some follow.  ;D
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight