Author Topic: Mmmm! Feeling hungry...?  (Read 23676 times)

Offline TV

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Mmmm! Feeling hungry...?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:09:56 AM »
Yuk, I'm losing my appetite...  :(  >:(
Unfortunately most people won't even know or care about things like this. Otherwise, if sales would go down, the company might change this.
Fortunately I've never been a big fan of Mars bars etc. anyway.
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »
I am not a vegetarian, but that really sucks.
I hope their profit will not go up, that's obviously what they have in mind, but instead will go down, because
lots of people aren't eating their products anymore.
Idiots
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
I think they've badly miscalculated with this one, it's had quite a lot of publicity in the UK. I suspect its because they are centralising their European manufacturing (closing factories!) and vegetarianism is just not so much of an issue elsewhere in Europe..

Mind you I once went to Masterfoods (Mars) offices in leafy Leicestershire and they have the most pleasant animal testing in the country - cats and dogs who basically eat all their pet foods - and appear to be well loved and cared for.

(Just hope this announcement doesn't mean joint sourcing for choc bars and pet foods!)

Alan

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:38:44 PM »
Health wise chocolate is about as bad as meat in my book, but you don't want to get me started again on that subject do you? ;)

;D
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »
Tj, feel free to get started on that subject, as long as
a) you don't come across as patronising and semi-"religious" as you did last time
b) you answer critical questions by mart and me
c) you don't post lots of assumptions based on misconceptions (most vegetarians I know are veggies because they do care for animals and not for health reasons)
d) you don't post common knowledge as if it were the latest sensation
 8)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »
Gawd .. aint that somethin eh .  :-[

Ive come to the conclusion that ill never be a vegetarian , ive tried living on a veggie diet but cant do it unless i live on my own , as carol just wont go down that road , so when i get home after working or whatever and carols made chicken or roast or whatever thats what i eat .
sadly i must confess to enjoying chicken curry  and all the other horrid stuff people eat .... i do LOVE vegetables tho and Mrs Fs veggie pie is delicous ( cheers mrs F your a star )
I will however try and cut my intake of meat product right down to a minimum , last year at rebellion i had only ONE kebab and that fell on the road outside the kebab shop so i left it for the wee starving dog which was looking at me kinda wide eyed..i appoligse now to any Blackpool dog owner who's dog threw up when it got home late on the saturday night after Rebellion  :o  ;)
i went home to the B & B STARVING ..but i done that rather than get another one of them kebabs ??? , i thought i done OK that weekend ...and ive tried to stick to a proper diet ever sinse .
However ..my chicken currys and meat pie's area must have at times in this house ..  and porobably Mars bars too now and then BUT NOT DEEP FRIED  yuk !!

Bloody hell !

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
..i appoligse now to any Blackpool dog owner who's dog threw up when it got home late on the saturday night after Rebellion  :o  ;)

Ha ha, I like that sentence! (I haven't had a kebab for ages, as most of the time it made me sick when I had one...)
I'm not a proper veggie as well (not yet anyway...), it's hard to resist a good barbecue and stuff like that from time to time. Of course, Jock, with someone cooking things in front of your nose, it won't work, I can see that!

I will however try and cut my intake of meat product right down to a minimum

Good point, I do that as well.  :)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »
Tj, feel free to get started on that subject, as long as
a) you don't come across as patronising and semi-"religious" as you did last time
b) you answer critical questions by mart and me
c) you don't post lots of assumptions based on misconceptions (most vegetarians I know are veggies because they do care for animals and not for health reasons)
d) you don't post common knowledge as if it were the latest sensation

Uli

Oh! That's why I stopped trying to help people like you, Uli. Thanks for reminding me. :D

Strange that you are accusing me of being patronising after a post like that. :-\

Tell you what Uli, eat what you like.

I wouldn't mind but I only did the post as a joke as I have already given up on you. I decided months ago to stick to discussing health and energy with people who have slightly more open minds. :D

:-*

Tj Sundown

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mars go back to veggie
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 03:34:15 AM »
Hurrah  :D

It's ok now folks Mars have changed their minds they are going to keep their products veggie friendly  8)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6673549.stm

Mrs Fleagle  ::)

Mrs Fleagle at work and bored now the naughty people have gone to bed  :D
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
Strange that you are accusing me of being patronising after a post like that. :-\

It did not refer to that post but the last time you did it (as is mentioned in my post).

[Edit: as we discussed this via pm, I deleted most of this post away.]

It's ok now folks Mars have changed their minds they are going to keep their products veggie friendly 

Wow, that went quickly!  :D
Seems they realised there is a veggie market out there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:30:04 PM by Uli »

Offline Willi

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 01:56:31 AM »
Glad to hear (about Mars changing its mind; mind you, wouldn't put it past them still going that way in other markets where there is likely to be less of a public outcry - particularly Asia, but also down here). Whatever one's views on eating meat, there is something inherently wrong about using dead animals to make chocolate snacks.

Oh, and put me down on the list of semi-vegetarians. Like Jock, I tend to mainly consume meat as a way of making life easier at home. When I end up preparing a separate meal for my five-year-old anyway as she wants different things to the 17 and 18 year olds, it just becomes easier to eat a bit of meat rather than make a third meal (and even easier when my partner prepares the meal, I must admit). Still, I have almost completely eliminated red meat and have not eaten large cuts (like a steak or chops) for a couple of years - just can't face anything larger than a stir fry strip.

Domestic changes are looming though (not a tale worth discussing here) and I will be reducing the meat content even further shortly. I guess some of just have to make do with small steps, rather than great leaps.

Now wasn't it good that I wrote that last paragraph without once making bad puns about Momentous Changes or Small Rewards???

Offline abused and confused

• The Impossible Person
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
jock if you just drink loadsve more beer you wont have to eat. most alcholics dont eat much man.
ts not the end but,the BEGINNING.

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
Little Steps Willi.

Little gulps Jock.

Uli, I am not continuing this debate with you in this way. I will explain the reasons behind why I acted the way I did in a private message to you.

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
It's okay, I've calmed down now.  8)
And I'd already sent you a pm as you did see.  :)