Author Topic: TV in Dusseldorf 29th September  (Read 4915 times)

Offline AdrianA

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
TV in Dusseldorf 29th September
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:33:23 PM »
A recent death of a relative in Germany has necessitated several trips by my wife and I from the UK to Dusseldorf. On the last visit, a brief respite from flat clearing saw us I the Altstadt where I noticed a flyer for Timís Red Sea gig at the Zakk Club. By an extraordinary feat of persuation, I convinced Gunta (my wife) that 29th September should be the date of our final visit  ;D. Consequently, flights have been booked, but attempts to obtain tickets from the venue have thus far been unsuccessful. Apparently, cards are not acceptable and the only way to get tickets to the UK is to arrange a credit transfer. Since the cost of a credit transfer is significantly more expensive that the face value of the tickets we are looking into a better way of getting them.

Needless to say, I am very exited to get this unexpected opportunity to see Red Sea, having missed the dates in the UK, but as I do not know the capacity of the club or Timís crowd pulling power in Dusseldorf I would like to be able to travel to Germany with some reassurance that 2 tickets will be available.

Would it be possible for one of the moderators perhaps to direct this post (with my email address) to someone (promotor or Tim himself) who could put two tickets aside for us? Iím not trying to blag my way onto a guest list or anything like that, I just donít want to turn up to find that I canít get in!

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TV in Dusseldorf 29th September
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:24:38 AM »
A recent death of a relative in Germany has necessitated several trips by my wife and I from the UK to Dusseldorf. On the last visit, a brief respite from flat clearing saw us I the Altstadt where I noticed a flyer for Timís Red Sea gig at the Zakk Club. By an extraordinary feat of persuation, I convinced Gunta (my wife) that 29th September should be the date of our final visit  ;D. Consequently, flights have been booked, but attempts to obtain tickets from the venue have thus far been unsuccessful. Apparently, cards are not acceptable and the only way to get tickets to the UK is to arrange a credit transfer. Since the cost of a credit transfer is significantly more expensive that the face value of the tickets we are looking into a better way of getting them.

Needless to say, I am very exited to get this unexpected opportunity to see Red Sea, having missed the dates in the UK, but as I do not know the capacity of the club or Timís crowd pulling power in Dusseldorf I would like to be able to travel to Germany with some reassurance that 2 tickets will be available.

Would it be possible for one of the moderators perhaps to direct this post (with my email address) to someone (promotor or Tim himself) who could put two tickets aside for us? Iím not trying to blag my way onto a guest list or anything like that, I just donít want to turn up to find that I canít get in!

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Hi,
send me an email (peter.andersen@online.de) - I live in Duesseldorf and I will be able to get tickets (as I think it's not sold out at the moment)
Peter
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »
Do you think it will be sold out? I was at a "festival" (The Boys, TV, Lurkers a.o.) at the "Zakk" in 2005 and tickets were available at the door (I arrived early though) and the whole club seemed quite big anyway... So I have no real worry here (yet)...

Edit: Adrian, if possible, make the short journey to Essen on Sunday for the "fan meeting" and special solo gig!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:22:47 AM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »
Do you think it will be sold out? I was at a "festival" (The Boys, TV, Lurkers a.o.) at the "Zakk" in 2005 and tickets were available at the door (I arrived early though) and the whole club seemed quite big anyway... So I have no real worry here (yet)...

Edit: Adrian, if possible, make the short journey to Essen on Sunday for the "fan meeting" and special solo gig!

Hi Uli,
I also think that the show is not sold out although the ZAKK has 30-year-anniversary in september and the TV Show is promoted very good. They made a programm and the show is listed as part of the anniversary.
I suppose there will be no real risk to get a ticket (although you can get a ticket via www.eventim.de - the gig is posted as "Adverts"). And I can understand everyone from uk to come here and be sure to get a ticket. when I travelled to a show in uk I always tried to get a ticket weeks before.
Peter
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline AdrianA

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:42:48 AM »

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Hi,
send me an email (peter.andersen@online.de) - I live in Duesseldorf and I will be able to get tickets (as I think it's not sold out at the moment)
Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the response. I'm very grateful and will email you this morning.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:52:13 AM »
I also think that the show is not sold out although the ZAKK has 30-year-anniversary in september and the TV Show is promoted very good. They made a programm and the show is listed as part of the anniversary.
I suppose there will be no real risk to get a ticket (although you can get a ticket via www.eventim.de - the gig is posted as "Adverts"). And I can understand everyone from uk to come here and be sure to get a ticket. when I travelled to a show in uk I always tried to get a ticket weeks before.

Thanks for the info! Good idea that it's part of their anniversary. (Not sure if TV likes it being announced as "Adverts" - as it's not the same as "TV & the Bored Teenagers performing Crossing the red sea with the Adverts"...)
Of course, if I'd travel over from UK or somewhere, I might be more nervous about getting a ticket.  :)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
Sounds like there's going to be a good crowd travelling over from the UK for this!

Should be a great weekend!

Alan

Offline flugholm

• New Discoverer
  • See Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »
Ich schreibe ja nicht oft hier... aber jetzt doch mal.

War ein superguter Auftritt!

Das gab's:

OCW
BT
NC
OTR
NB
BSB
NTTB21
SIN
DM
OW
NDD
GGE
GBM
----
TA
PTGTAB
----
OOF
MSWS
...und zum Abschluss sehr passend mein Lieblingslied:
TLP

See you tomorrow in Essen!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:47:59 AM by flugholm »
Looking down on London

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:19:10 PM »
Now I remember.  ;D
Thanks Holm.
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"