Author Topic: IN THE ARMS OF MY ENEMY ( LP2008 )  (Read 204777 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Re: IN THE ARMS OF MY ENEMY ( LP2008 )
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »
Take the first three tracks of this wonderful album and fuse it with killer track; In The Arms of My Enemy then crank it up, add magic and the sublime bass of BB Quatro and you'll be Coming in to Land!

I kid you not! 8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Take the first three tracks of this wonderful album and fuse it with killer track; In The Arms of My Enemy then crank it up, add magic and the sublime bass of BB Quatro and you'll be Coming in to Land!

This makes it sound like it's excellent indeed! So much waiting until next week...  ::)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
I wish I could "Go Get It Now"  :)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:26 PM »
Ah! But you two both have your first time to look forward to.  :D

The second it finished playing I put it straight back on again.

I'm listening to it now on my headphones as I type.

Third play.

This could be The Garden of Eden. 8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
Ah! But you two both have your first time to look forward to.  :D

Good idea! Now I know what to do this weekend: looking forward!!!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2011, 01:31:52 PM »
You got it! ;)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
What a Giant of an album. Slower than I remembered but I love it for that. Infectious tuned and wise words, what more can one ask?

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:09 PM »
My album review on Amazon as part of the pledge I made to support TV's CD sales...

The Ultimate Thrill. GET IT NOW!

ďItís going to be a huge production, You wonít see the like again. The Ultimate thrill.Ē

The first lines in the first song, Get It Now, says it all. Tim Cross was right, TV has finally created a fitting sequel to my favourite album of all time; March of the Giants. Much like March of the Giants, the production is flawless. Much like March of the Giants, In The Arms of My Enemy is a seven star masterpiece.

From the infectious catchy start with Get It Now, See Through and Together Alone to the pure class of I Wish I Could See Clearly and the spaghetti westernised in The Arms of My Enemy, TV delivers.

Clone Town should be taken up by Totnes, in TVís home county of Devon, as their town anthem. They were recently victorious in fighting back a Costa Coffee big brand takeover. The fight back for true independence starts here.

With Trojan Horse, TV finally achieves the impossible and delivers a new version of an 80ís Demo thatís even better than the stunning original. Check out Sparkle in The Mud to hear the original song hidden amongst a treasure trove of sparkling lost gems. 

Backstage Bob holds a special place in my heart. Itís the story of TV Smithís loyalist ever fan, Dave ĎC5í Allen, the world greatest Channel 5 album fan, who sadly passed away before he could hear this stunning album. ďWhen you hear something you like you have to sing along. Backstage Bob! We miss you. When are you coming back? With your honesty, generosity, the laughter and the craic. Backstage Bob! Youíre the man, I wish I was, but only sometimes am. The heart and soul. You left a hole.Ē

ÖThese days itís more than ďsometimesĒ. TV Smith is true, honest and craiced up high on pure energy.

C5 was working on a Three Timís reunion show in 2007, so itís fitting that the Three Timís (Smith, Renwick and Cross) got together with drummer Vom, to record the first album since C5ís passing. TV and Tim Cross went on to play Earthbound tribute gigs to C5 in Elland Brewery and The Victoria in Derby. Blasting out classics like On Your Video, Backstage Bob and Fire in The Darkness. Close your eyes and imagine the flamboyant Tim Cross, dressed in a bright red suit playing keyboards balanced on beer barrels. Then check it out live on You Tube! I kid you not. By that way, the answer is yes. Tim Cross really did paly keyboards for Mike Oldfield on his Tubular Bells tour.   

As for In The Arms of My Enemy, all I can repeat is GET IT NOW!

What TV book, DVD or album are you going to review TUT?

Tj Sundown