Author Topic: New Jam  (Read 21131 times)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Re: New Jam
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »
I expect I am growing into an old stick-in-the-mud but to me Paul Weller was the creative drive behind the Jam. Going to see them now would be like going to an Adverts reunion without TV Smith. But I will certainly give any new material a listen.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
I see that Paul Weller is to guest on the From the Jam album - I wonder if that's because he made up with Bruce and Rick has left?

"The former Jam bass player has recently been working in the studio on a new album with his band From The Jam featuring Russell Hastings on Guitar and Big Country's drummer Mark Brzezicki. Paul Weller also guests on the new album, along with Steve Cropper and Ray Davies. The album will feature tracks made famous by The Jam as well as new original music from Bruce and Russell."

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=The-Jamís-Bruce-Foxton-to-appear-at-Rotosound&nItemID=48756

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
I see that Paul Weller is to guest on the From the Jam album - I wonder if that's because he made up with Bruce and Rick has left?

"The former Jam bass player has recently been working in the studio on a new album with his band From The Jam featuring Russell Hastings on Guitar and Big Country's drummer Mark Brzezicki. Paul Weller also guests on the new album, along with Steve Cropper and Ray Davies. The album will feature tracks made famous by The Jam as well as new original music from Bruce and Russell."

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=The-Jamís-Bruce-Foxton-to-appear-at-Rotosound&nItemID=48756

Now that is interesting. An almost Jam reunion in an almost Jam tribute band. I have to say From The Jam's vocalist does a very reasonable Weller impression and thier guitarist has got his sound down perfectly. And Cropper and Davies as well!

What next I wonder? Hugh Cornwell guesting on a Stranglers album? Rat Scabies guesting on a Damned album? Arturo guesting with God's Lonely Men?

Strange days.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »
Strange days indeed. From The Jam are even down to a three piece these days as its just Russell now and not the other guy on guitar and keyboards.

As for "God's Lonely Lurkers", Arthur wanted Esso to play with them at Rebellion, but he didn't turn up and next day he told us that it was too late to stay up!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=The-Jam-unreleased-concerts-box-set&nItemID=91054

I have all of those on bootlegs of varying quality.
It will be nice to have them in a proper remastered boxset.

Although I'd still like to get a decent recording of the whole set from the 1978 Great British Music Festival.
But only because Bruce Foxton pointed at me and said 'That kid's got a great jumper'...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2015, 07:37:42 PM »
Was it...

Dennis the Menace style?

Classic punky mohair?

Do tell!

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »
Was it...

Dennis the Menace style?

Classic punky mohair?

Do tell!

Actually it was a hand knitted 'Anti-Nazi League' jumper with the official logo patch and a big red cross through the Robinson's Jam 'Golly'.
I wouldn't wear something like that now 'cause even with the anti-racist sentiment it could be 'misconstrued'.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »
Well maybe you wouldn't wear it now, but that kid had a great jumper!