Author Topic: New Jam  (Read 21132 times)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: New Jam
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2016, 11:17:33 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 12:27:25 AM »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
http://www.gigwise.com/features/109242/exclusive-hanging-in-the-studio-with-punkcomedy-superheroes-the-spammed
“That must have been their first London gig.” Rat Scabies, the legendary drummer responsible for the pounding out the frenzied rhythmic onslaught of The Damned’s first singles, is telling us how he got The Jam their first show in the capital.

In between blowing puffs of cigarette smoke out of the studio door, observing the vicious early evening rain steadily turning to snow, he continues his tale.  “They rang me up because they’d had a show cancelled that day and asked if I knew anywhere they could play.  I knew the guy at the Hope and Anchor, which was a big punk place at the time, so I called him up and he said it was fine for them to play there.”

The paths of The Jam and The Damned crossed several times during the early days of punk, he recalls.  Another time, the details of which remain somewhat murky, Paul Weller and co even hid Scabies’ scooter in the back of their van in London’s Oxford Street.

Rat is discussing The Jam because we’re here, at Soup Studios in Limehouse, East London, to witness the recording of a new version of ‘To Be Someone (Didn’t We Have A Nice Time’)’.
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2017, 10:33:07 PM »