Author Topic: The TUTS Cinema, DVD & TV Box > What Are You Watching This Week?  (Read 58124 times)

chris

What did you last watch?

So we have a what are you listening to, we have a what are you reading, so heres a what are you watching/did you watch.

I just got back from the cinema after seeing Cloverfield.  WOW.  For once believe the hype, this film is incredible.  This is actually the second time I've been to see it now.  The first time I was blown away, the visuals, the sound, eveything was 'epic', but in a small scale (due to the handi-cam filming style).  I went tonight trying to be judgemental as I love complaining, it's fun, but the fact is I can barely find anything to moan about with Cloverfield and what I do find seems so inconsequential its not worth moaning about. 
Imagine godzilla meets the blair witch, and then forget that because its not either.

Also saw Juno a few days ago.  Very good film.  Reminded me a lot of Little Miss Sunshine and maybe a bit of ghost world (even though ghost world is crap).  Its quite bitter sweet and pretty funny.

Not been watching much tv but might try and watch ashes to ashes later

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:27:50 PM by Tj »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: What did you last watch?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »
Vivienne Westwood on Jonathan Ross and then Clive Brook as Sherlock Holmes from 1931!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 02:36:03 AM by Fred Owen »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »
Imagine godzilla meets the blair witch, and then forget that because its not either.

This is what I already thought, so I guess I won't go watching it... (Can wait till it's on telly.)

Of course I always watch great TV shows like "Deutschland sucht den Superarsch" (equivalent to "Pop Idol" in UK, I guess) or "I am an a**hole, let me rot in here"...  :P

No really, I am looking forward to the next season of "24". I know the stories are totally exaggerated and unrealistic and all, but still exciting to watch.  :-X
Just around the corner and miles away...

chris

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

No really, I am looking forward to the next season of "24". I know the stories are totally exaggerated and unrealistic and all, but still exciting to watch.  :-X

I've just started series 4 of 24 and its by the far the most unbelievable but probably the most entertaining since the first series. 

Does anyone on here watch the shield? That is an incredible show.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »
Do some bloody work!

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »
Great clip of the Pistols on Jonathan Woss Fred eh ....

viv was her usual self ..weird , yet i cant help from wanting to hear more of what she
has to say ...  shes a weird one tho .

Bloody hell !

chris

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
Jock - totally agree mate.

Chris - I thought as much!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »
I've just started series 4 of 24 and its by the far the most unbelievable but probably the most entertaining since the first series. 

Now I should remember what happened in Season 4... (Must read it on wikipedia or so.)
What's always amazin is how they manage to put some "cliffhanger" in at the full hour.  :o
Not what happens in real life.  ;)

chris

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »

Chris - I thought as much!

I do do some work.
occasionally.
If the mood is right.
And I've ran out of all alternatives (like playing games, drinking, watching tv, reading, eating, making cups of tea, going to asda, chatting to people, going my washing or even tidying my room).
In fact, my room is always immaculate when I have an essay due. Funny that.

Back on topic though, watched another episode of 24 last night... terrorists stealing a stealth bomber from the US air force to attack air force one while nuclear power plants across the US are in melt-down.  I love realistic television.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »
Room cleaning rather than work? Classic displacement activity!

chris

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
Room cleaning rather than work? Classic displacement activity!

even down to hoovering and wiping clean the surfaces.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »
I do do some work.
occasionally.
If the mood is right.
And I've ran out of all alternatives

Good attitude!

Back on topic though, watched another episode of 24 last night... terrorists stealing a stealth bomber from the US air force to attack air force one while nuclear power plants across the US are in melt-down.  I love realistic television.

Ay, now I remember! Yeah the stories are a little bit unrealistic at times.  ;D
But I always think it's exciting to watch and sometimes unbearable to wait for the next episode...

Btw, I thought Season 2 was the best so far - they had learned from some mistakes in the first one and created a good plot. From Season 3 it seemed "business as usual" (using similar tricks to pad the plot out to 24 hours)... Nevertheless I still enjoyed to watch it. And probably will do so with the next ones.

chris

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 01:56:05 AM »
I saw a scary little programme that was on C4 called 'baby bible bashers' about young preachers.  It made me a little sick seeing those kids brainwashed by their 'born again' parents and spouting nonsense they barely understood and worse still the fact that it was so obviously just being used by their parents. 
A seven year old boy stood outside of an abortion clinic yelling about them going to hell if they murder their child. Regardless of how you stand on the issue of abortion it still terrible to see children used in this way.

Class of 79

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 09:34:34 AM »
I've just watched the firts series of The Shield after borrowing the box set of someone at work.  Now I don't usually watch cop shows, but this was probably the best thing I've watched in years.