Author Topic: The TUTS Cinema, DVD & TV Box > What Are You Watching This Week?  (Read 59986 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: The TUTS Cinema, DVD & TV Box > What Are You Watching This Week?
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »
Yes, it is very good indeed. However I hope I can buy S3 & 4 on blu/dvd (like I did with 1&2), because the German synchro is just not the same as the original...
Also, instead of broadcasting the remaining 3 episodes next Thursday (as they usually do), Arte decided to bring them tonight, but at a later starting time as yesterday, so I will have to watch until 0.40!  :o

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:33:07 PM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: The TUTS Cinema, DVD & TV Box > What Are You Watching This Week?
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2018, 10:42:44 AM »
Last night I watched "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri". Pretty dark one, dark humour, but also difficult to take.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

However, some people have strange problems:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/12/entertainment/three-billboards-analysis/index.html
When the movie begins, it's easy to surmise the audience is expected to identify with, and root for, McDormand's grieving mother, who puts up the billboards demanding justice for her murdered daughter. Yet as the story progresses, she proceeds to do a number of terrible things in her conviction about the righteousness of her cause, in a way that makes her less sympathetic.

Similarly, one can argue that Dixon's noble act doesn't change who he is in any significant way. He simply demonstrates himself capable of doing the right thing under certain circumstances.

Imho that's exactly what makes this film different and interesting.

(Some Americans seemingly have problems when anything isn't typical "Hollywood"-style...)  ::)
Just around the corner and miles away...