Author Topic: (Extended) Return of The Godfathers?  (Read 21794 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: (Extended) Return of The Godfathers?
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
Snippets from the album to listen to:
https://youtu.be/EhyVekP422o
The Godfathers - 'A Big Bad Beautiful Noise'
The band’s first new album in 4 years - released on 10th February 2017 through their own label - Godfathers Recordings2 and
distributed by Cargo Records in the UK & Europe.
PRE-ORDER NOW!!!
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-godfathers-releasing-new-lp-listen-to-you-and-me-against-the-world/

Long-running UK band The Godfathers are back with new album A Big Bad Beautiful Noise on February 10 on the band’s own Godfathers Recordings2 label and Metropolis Records. The group’s snarling sound remains intact 30 years on from their classic “Birth School Work Death.” We’ve got the premiere of the album’s closing track, “You And Me Against The World,” a swirling widescreen epic straight out of the Bond Theme cannon with more than a dash of glam. “This track was inspired musically by the death of David Bowie and lyrically by the political fall-out from Brexit,” says singer and founding member Peter Coyne which he describes as a “post-apocalyptic love song.” Stream that, and a few other songs off the album, below.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
The Godfathers
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Uk76ehBkU
You Don't Love Me' is the A side of the latest single from The Godfathers - released February 3rd 2017 on LIMITED EDITION PILLAR BOX RED VINYL & Digital Download.

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
I saw the mighty Godfathers at the Westgarth in 'Boro last night. What a brilliant gig; best I've ever seen them. They played a long set with loads from the new album. Get to see them if you can- if not get the new CD which came out yesterday. It's as good as anything they've done.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »
What a brilliant gig; best I've ever seen them. They played a long set with loads from the new album. Get to see them if you can- if not get the new CD which came out yesterday.

Official release date is today (but I guess they sold it at the gig). It will take a while still until mine arrives, but thanks to amazon.de I can listen to mp3s of it (if I want)... Edit: it should arrive tomorrow. I'll wait.

Hope they'll come to south Germany again, I'd love to see 'em. 2015 gig was great.  8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:52:11 PM by Uli »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
Godfathers part 2 for me in Newcastle last night. Excellent again. Should have been more people there but they seemed to enjoy it.
Here's the 'boro gig from last week;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTkacZbggk

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »
New Godfathers video "Miss America":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBKX1GaCxZ4

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »
https://vivelerock.net/godfathers-declare-war/

With a series of dates around the corner, THE GODFATHERS have announced the release of a new limited-edition live album.

The 15-track This Is War! – The Godfathers Live! is set for release this coming Monday 21 January. The CD will only be available from the band’s website and at the forthcoming shows, while it will also be available from iTunes and all the usual platforms.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2019, 01:25:02 PM »
Saw them in 'boro on friday. Excellent as usual and a bigger turnout than last time.

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »
And the live album is great too.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »
Following the show at Blackpool festival, The Godfather of The Godfathers has sacked his band members! Peter Coyne, via Facebook:
Nothing lasts forever & I have decided to update The Godfathers’ line up with immediate effect. I can no longer work, tour or perform with Steve, Tim, Alex and Darren. This is entirely my decision and has been coming for some time. Unfortunately I have lost all faith in this iteration of the Godfathers for a variety of reasons - but mainly because I have begun to feel like a passenger in the group I created & founded.

For me the worst aspect is that we have not been creating any new songs. 2020 will be the 35th anniversary of The Godfathers' formation & I dearly want to celebrate this milestone by making a fantastic new studio album. However in the current unhealthy atmosphere surrounding the group that was definitely not going to happen. I believe it’s essential that The Godfathers come up with brand new material that is equal to or better than any numbers from the band's back catalogue - it keeps it fresh & exciting for me & our audience, but unfortunately the other band members disagreed.

I am not prepared to see the group I formed & love sliding into mediocrity due to other people's inaction, especially when I believe The Godfathers have so much more to give.

Despite everything I wish Steve, Tim, Darren & Alex all the very best for the future. We made some great albums together ('A Big Bad Beautiful Noise' & the live album 'This Is War') & played some amazing concerts all around the world & I would like to thank them all for that. But for me, this line-up of The Godfathers is over & I look forward to an exciting future with some new colleagues...I am delighted to confirm that for all upcoming live dates & recordings I will be working with Heavy Drapes' guitarist Richie Simpson & Heavy Drapes' drummer Billy Duncanson - we have always got along really well & I loved the Heavy Drapes.

We are actively looking to recruit another brilliant guitarist & a wicked bass player to complement this new line-up of the band. Rehearsals will be in Scotland and you must be enthusiastic about recording a new album & touring all over the world to support it. This year we have concerts booked (so far...) in Germany, Spain, Belgium, UK, France, Switzerland & Austria to fulfil.

Please message me, Richie or Billy if you would like to be considered. No time wasters & a serious knowledge of The Godfathers' history & rock & roll in general will be essential!!

Some fantastic music & more exciting adventures await us! Onwards & upwards!! XxX

One of the guys (Steve Crittal) commented on one of the many replies:
The whole band almost walked a few weeks back.
Draw your own conclusions before this comment gets removed by the Thought Police

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 05:06:28 PM »
Most shocking sacking since TV and the sequencer!

Seriously, Peter Coyne seems like 'hard work'.