Author Topic: (Extended) Return of The Godfathers?  (Read 24283 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: (Extended) Return of The Godfathers?
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 08:24:09 AM »
More from Peter C.:

THANKS SO MUCH for all the lovely messages of support for me here - I really appreciate that! XXX If I had any doubt about my decision just reading the bitter & accusatory comments from a couple of band members online have demonstrated that it was absolutely the right thing to do. Just to let you all know to avert & attempt to resolve this situation well beforehand 2 meetings were set up with these now former band members - one in London & one on a day off after a festival in France recently - but unfortunately they all chose not to attend those meetings. I have also since discovered that I was going to be sacked by the band a few months back (here's a quote from Steve yesterday - "Steve Crittall I'm fine. Just pissed off because I wish that we'd sacked him a couple of months back when we were discussing it") that Darren was planning on leaving the band after the Rebellion festival anyway & that Steve had been desperately unhappy for the past 4 years.

Nonetheless I wish all the guys the very best of luck in their future endeavours & rest assured I absolutely guarantee that they will be paid everything they are owed. I have no idea what the accusations are based on as there was never any doubt in my mind that everyone gets what they are entitled to - these people include Mauro Venegas, Chris Coyne, Steve, Darren, Tim & myself. I have been waiting for Steve to schedule some time with me to sort these complicated accounts out for well over a year now as Steve & the rest of the band are fully aware.

Anyway all that is firmly in the past now & I'm seriously looking forward to be writing new material with Richie Simpson & Billy Duncanson & playing all the gigs we have scheduled for The Godfathers this year!! We are actively looking to recruit another brilliant guitarist & a wicked bass player to complement this new line-up of the band. Rehearsals will be in Scotland and you must be enthusiastic about recording a new album & touring all over the world to support it. This year we have concerts booked (so far...) in Germany, Spain, Belgium, UK, France, Switzerland & Austria to fulfil. Please message me, Richie or Billy if you would like to be considered. No time wasters & a serious knowledge of The Godfathers' history & rock & roll in general will be essential!!

Once again - THANKS EVERYBODY for your support!! Onwards & upwards!! XXX
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 01:23:58 PM »
Very sad- really enjoyed this line up. :o

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2019, 09:16:32 AM »
Peter Coyne announced the new line-up:
The Godfathers are very pleased to announce below full details of the new line up of the band!!
Billy Duncanson, Drums (ex Heavy Drapes)
Wayne Vermaak, Guitar (ex The Great St. Louis)
Peter Coyne, Vocals (The Godfathers founder member, ex The Sid Presley Experience)
Jon Priestley, Bass (ex The Damned)
Richie Simpson, Guitar (ex Heavy Drapes)
We are all so looking forward to starting this exciting new chapter for The Godfathers TOGETHER & writing, recording & releasing some fantastic new material & playing lots of amazing concerts all round the world - BRING IT ON!!
Love Billy, Wayne, Peter, Jon & Richie XXXXX

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
Jon Priestly.

Long time Damned roadie.

Bass player on some 2018 dates.

Also co-wrote 'Look Left' on the 'Evil Spirits' album.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
Jon Priestly.

Long time Damned roadie.

Bass player on some 2018 dates.

Yep, saw him with 'em in Frankfurt, did a good job.
Hope to see the Godfathers in November (gig was announced before the line-up change).
https://www.motorcityrock.de/events/detail/6767/the-godfathers-gb-guests.html

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 09:49:55 AM »
Already hinted by Jon P. at the recent gig in Stuttgart, the band is confirmed for a television appearance on German format "Rockpalast". I will watch this!

The Godfathers confirm Rockpalast TV show special & TWO other European festivals for 2020!! The Godfathers' live set will be filmed before a studio audience for the legendary, long running German TV show Rockpalast in Bonn on Wednesday March 11th 2020 & the hour long concert will then be broadcast later on German, Austrian & Swiss national TV!! The band will also play the Rusty Dusty Festival at Costa Daurada in Barcelona, Spain on Friday 1st May alongside The Fuzztones & The Quireboys and the Rock & Cars Festival in Lavaur, France on Saturday 13th June!!
8)