Author Topic: Neil Young  (Read 72214 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »
Neil Young will release Earth, with performances from his 2015 Monsanto Years tour with Promise of the Real, on June 17 (note Amazon is listing a June 10 availability) via Reprise Records.

More than a straight live album, the raw performances are enhanced with additional musical overdubs along with sounds of the earth from city to country.

Young said "Ninety-eight uninterrupted minutes long, Earth flows as a collection of 13 songs from throughout my life, songs I have written about living here on our planet together. Our animal kingdom is well represented in the audience as well, and the animals, insects, birds, and mammals actually take over the performances of the songs at times."

Included are four songs from The Monsanto Years, two from Ragged Glory and a number from a variety of Young albums. There is also a previously unrecorded song, I Won't Quit.

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/97124/Neil-Young-to-release-new-live-album
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-protests-dakota-pipeline-with-indian-givers-w440373

Neil Young joins the protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline with his new song and video for "Indian Givers." The video combines footage of the recent protests against the pipeline with footage of Young singing the track while driving in his car.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2016, 10:55:42 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-preps-new-album-peace-trail-w446823
Neil Young will release a new album, Peace Trail, December 2nd via Reprise Records.
Young wrote and recorded Peace Trail not long after the release of Earth, a massive record featuring songs recorded during his 2015 tour with Promise of the Real and mixed with wildlife sounds. The more conventional Peace Trail was recorded at Rick Rubin's Shangri-la Studios and is reportedly a primarily acoustic effort, with Jim Keltner on drums and Paul Bushnell on bass. Young co-produced the LP with John Hanlon, who also mixed the record.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
http://pitchfork.com/news/neil-young-releasing-lost-1976-album-hitchhiker-shares-title-track-listen/
Neil Young has announced the release of Hitchhiker, an album recorded in 1976. It’s due out September 8 via Reprise. Listen to the title track below. Hitchhiker comprises solo acoustic songs that Young recorded live over the course of one day in Malibu, several of which later appeared on albums like Comes a Time and Rust Never Sleeps. “Hitchhiker” was eventually rerecorded for Young’s 2010 album Le Noise. The original recordings were produced by Young’s long-time collaborator David Briggs, and the new release features post-production from John Hanlon. Hitchhiker includes early renditions of songs like “Pocahontas,” “Powderfinger,” and “Human Highway,” as well as the previously unreleased tracks “Hawaii” and “Give Me Strength.”

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2017, 09:49:47 AM »
New album due out December 1st:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-promise-of-the-real-ready-new-lp-the-visitor-w510948
Neil Young reteams with Promise of the Real for a new album titled The Visitor, their second studio LP together following 2015's The Monsanto Years.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
Uncle Neil via FB:
Hi there,
December 1st will be a big day for me. The Visitor will be coming to your town. I will be going to my town. You will be able to hear me and see me. My archive will open on that same day, a place you can visit and experience every song I have ever released in the highest quality your machine will allow. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. In the beginning, everything is free.
Lots of Love,
neil