Author Topic: Wigan Gig  (Read 3069 times)

Offline claret999

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wigan Gig
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »
Another great gig at Wigan last night, Got there early enough to watch support Kanada Komando who I didn`t rate at all, they played a mix of Clash/UK Subs covers and their own stuff, they were not helped though by the sound quality in the Nirvana Club, the Ceiling for the first few metres in front of the stage is about three storeys high which sent the sound upwards with the rest of the club normal ceiling hight.

Anyway TV came on about 9-30 and by that time there were about 100 to 150 in the club and I didn`t have a pen to write down the set list so here it is from memory
From the new album;
Get it Now (Opener), It`s Warming up, I wish I could see Clearly, Weak glue and in The Arms Of My Enemy.
From Crossing the Red Sea;
One Cord Wonders, Bored Teanagers, New Church, On the Roof, GGE, No Time to Be 21, Great Brit mistake, Quickstep.
From MOTG; Lion And the Lamb, MOTG, Gather Your Things And Go, Runaway train Driver.
From Immortal Rich; Day we caught the Big Fish and Immortal Rich
From NABD; The Future used to be Better.

About halfway through Small disaster, string snapped,as TV is changing it the tunning peg flies out of  his guitar and is lost on the stage, the man calls for help trying to find it,and after a frantic search gives up and announces he`s got one downstairs,as soon as he returns with a new one a member of staff finds the old one. two mins later and tunned up TV announces that there is only one song to follow that and launches into;
"My String Will Snap" (A song for every occasion)

From Useless; Only one Flavour, Lords Prayer.

From Generation Y; Expensive Being Poor, Gen Y

From MO; Bring the Bull Down, Not In My Name, You Save my Life Then Ruined It.

Explorers; Tomahawk Cruise (1st time Live for me)

Near the end of the gig yet another string snaps, TV blames that one on playing so hard and fast and says it serves him right for not wrapping it up a couple of numbers ago ( he`d already been on a couple of hours at this point)

One or two fans had the cunning plan of waiting until TV had got near the end to bombard him with requests which he saw through but
still stayed on and played them.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable night with rapturous applause at the end and a great ammount of interest in the merch stall from which I got TV`s tour diaries book to read on hol.

Claret.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Wigan Gig
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
Nice one Claret - cheers for the review.

Sounds like you had a great night!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »
Cheers Claret. :D
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:24:35 PM »
I've always wanted to go to Wigan..... (just not enough to actually bother going)

Cheers for the review!