Author Topic: Lemmy - oh dear!  (Read 17726 times)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmy - oh dear!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:47:49 PM »
Oh dear indeed! Everyone has known for ages Lemmy collects this sort of stuff...
Instead of fighting the real Neo-Nazis people are gonna do stupid things like sueing Lemmy etc.  >:(
Typical Germany I guess. Yawn.  ::)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »
It's allways going to be a dodgy subject this one ... where do we draw the line ?
Lemmy is a collector of nazi uniforms and stuff, but he isnt a nazi .. im not sure we should
burn every item related to nazism , we need to keep certain collections for historical
reasons , and Lemmy certainly has a good collection .

I aggreed with that bloke out Roxy music when he said he thought the German army was
the best dressed army in the world ...they were ... but it doesnt make him a nazi or me for
saying they were well dressed...   

its a subject we will allways have arguments over .. sadly we cant just scrub out the past
and there will be people like Lemmy who has this fasination for nazi memorabillia .

it doesnt mean hes a Nazi .

we have a shop in our town who stocks all sorts of Nazi stuff ..from arm bands to hats and helmets
daggers etc ...  most of it is fake may i add !  the people buying this stuff is a cross mix.. BUT theres
this little old lady who buys all sorts from this shop ... i was buying a pair of socks one day and she had just been buying a swastika armband !      this lady has a wierd fetish ,and it is the German uniform that rocks her boat , has done for many years ! 

shes NO nazi tho ...   just slightly crazy  lol   i like her .

i think lemmy is just one of those people who likes the look of the uniforms and the brilliant craftmanship
in the medals and daggers and owning the original stuff must cost a lot of dosh these days .

the SS uniform looks amazing ...

BUT before anyone jumps on me ...im NO nazi either ...   sadly the past cant be changed , but you have to admitt the Germans looked the part .

Bloody hell !

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »
...very strange...this discussion.
for me there is no fun...sorry
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »
I can't even see a beginning discussion... Everyone seems to agree Lemmy is no nazi. Yet he is in danger of being sued for wearing some sort of uniform or symbol (some of these are illegal in Germany, yet legal in UK/US etc.). Like I said before, instead of fighting real Nazis, they do stupid bureacratic things like these...  :(

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »
I can't even see a beginning discussion... Everyone seems to agree Lemmy is no nazi. Yet he is in danger of being sued for wearing some sort of uniform or symbol (some of these are illegal in Germany, yet legal in UK/US etc.). Like I said before, instead of fighting real Nazis, they do stupid bureacratic things like these...  :(

I know what you mean, Uli. You're right: it is very important to fight real nazis...
And my opinion is not that people like Lemmy are nazis.

But: wearing those things - and I don't mind if they are legal in other countrys - is very stupid.
After 1933-1945 some things has lost it innocence. To be honest: as I don't really understand people who like to wear uniforms (because I don't like uniforms in any way) there is no fun with all these nazi-symbols or uniforms.
You might know these philosophers from frankfurt - horkheimer and adorno: they wrote an excellent book after world war II: "Dialektik der Aufklärung". It is a important book because they discribe what changed after Auschwitz. On this background it is not possible to wear a nazi uniform without making a laugh on all the victims of the nazis. this is my point.
So for me Lemmy is very, very stupid and he should begin to use his brain!

Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »
I aggree - lemmy shouldnt have wore the nazi cap  - in GERMANY of all places ! that was bloody stupid.

its one thing collecting  stuff but wearing it to interviews is another .

I know BIFF ( sick on the bus ) got beat up a few years ago for wearing an SS uniform to a fancy dress party , i was told by a mate that he'd got hassle in the streets of London .

where do we draw the line ?     i dont think for one minute Biff was pretending to be a nazi or was taking the piss out of the millions of people killed by the nazis , but an obvious fancy dress uniform shouldnt be a problem .

it show the growing hatred for that period in time ....  BUT there are still nazis on the go , getting more powerfull everyday ..  they should be targeted not some bloke in fancy dress.

Lemmy was 100% wrong tho when he wore a nazi cap to an interview ...he mustve been pist  ;)

Bloody hell !

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
I aggree - lemmy shouldnt have wore the nazi cap  - in GERMANY of all places ! that was bloody stupid.

its one thing collecting  stuff but wearing it to interviews is another .

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lemmy didn't think much about it. He's done this stuff for years... It's only now some journos make a "scandal" out of it...  :-\
However, the photo might have been taken elsewhere - it says: "The photograph was taken to promote Motörhead's performance at the July 5 Wacken Rocks Seaside concert in Aurich, Germany." Thus, the photo to promote it might have been shot weeks/months before in the US or somewhere else.
There's just no logic in laws when you can buy/wear this kinda stuff in the UK/USA and on, while in Germany it's illegal. That's ridiculous, especially when it comes to a "global business" like the music biz. (Of course, both the photographer and Lemmy should've used their brains as it was a promo for a German gig.)

But it has been known to me that Lemmy has collected this sort of uniforms and medals for ages.
He says himself: "I don't only collect Nazi stuff, I collect objects from all the Axis countries," he said. "Also from countries who aren't even mentioned anymore as former parts of the Axis. Like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Hungary."
So with all these different uniforms I'm not surprised he doesn't care or even know what he's wearing for a bloody photo shoot. I mean, anyone who's read a few interviews, knows that Lemmy has simple tastes. He likes his uniforms, simple heavy röck'n'röll and his whisky cola. That's Lemmy and he is an original.

I don't really understand people who like to wear uniforms (because I don't like uniforms in any way) there is no fun with all these nazi-symbols or uniforms.

I never liked this as well. However I can respect Lemmy's "hobby". He's not stupid, he's just being Lemmy...  ::)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »
Thanks Fred. I was "conned" into joining a "heavy board" last year and copied the links over there, guess they might like these.  :)
Please note Lemmy is NOT wearing any caps/helmets/uniforms during this interview!  ;)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
Or indeed, any clothes - it seems safest for him these days!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »
Any clothes? He wasn't naked, was he?  :-[
Guess you meant any army clothes...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:11 PM »
Just joking!

Jesus H. Christ - a naked Lemmy??!!??

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
Nah, thanks, I'd rather see him in a uniform than without any clothes...  :P  ;)