Author Topic: 'How To Feel Human' The Brand New Release of TV's Tour Diaries Book 2  (Read 17569 times)

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: 'How To Feel Human' The Brand New Release of TV's Tour Diaries Book 2
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »
I've not finished reading the book yet. But, it's of course as good and enjoyable as Part 1!  :D

Ich bin auch noch nicht durch, ist ja nunmal nicht meine Muttersprache und deshalb dauert es auch etwas länger. ;) Manches muß ich dreimal lesen, bevor ich es verstehe, aber das lohnt sich immer, gestern hatte ich z.B. ein Lachflash.
Wie buchstabiert man nochmal Amerka? Hamerika? Was heißt nochmal DTH? Einfach nur klasse! Sollte ich jemals in die USA reisen, nehme ich besser meine Reisetasche nicht mit. Am Ende werde ich noch verhaftet. ;D
Grüße
Scheißerle
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:19:47 PM by Scheisserle »
Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »
Good news about the tour diaries, part 3 is on the way (later this year)!
TV:
I've just finished editing volume three and I'm very happy with the way it's turned out. Now it's just a question of getting all the final details ready for publishing and finding a suitable time to put it out. I'm sure it will appear this year, quite possibly in the next six months
http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=6801
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
Good news indeed. Especially as I was under the impression that there would not be another volume.  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »
Better late than never, there is a review of part 2 here:
http://louderthanwar.com/tv-smith-how-to-feel-human-book-review/

Excerpt:
The book is not about the internal struggle of the artist, but more about what he encounters on his travels. Time on his own is at a minimum, and instead he crashes in spare rooms, on couches, mattresses, (and even a masseuse table!), and quite often encountering inquisitive cats as he does so, (which would be fine, if he wasn’t allergic to them). His attention to detail paints vivid pictures of the places he visits and he engages with his surroundings and his audience in ways that pop stars complain that they can’t.  TV genuinely loves the reaction of the crowd, and despite times of shattering fatigue, on stage it all comes together.

‘How to Feel Human’ is a well written account of several years’ touring from a workaholic musician.  TV is without a doubt keeping alive the punk attitude that inspired him to move from Devon to London in the late seventies and form a band with his girlfriend.

A must for those who enjoyed volume one but also for those who enjoyed last year’s BBC documentary, as it compliments what the documentary taught us, and offers us further understanding as to why he continues to do what he does.
Just around the corner and miles away...