Author Topic: A Post Of Thousand  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
A Post Of Thousand
« on: November 30, 2002, 02:29:21 PM »
My carefully hatched plan was to hit my 1000th post just before Canterbury and get TV to play A Post (Cast) Of Thousand(s) as a bit if fun to tie in with hitting 1000 posts on the new TV Smith Forum.

Just one thing has gone wrong - I'm not going to tonights Canterbury TV gig. :cry:  Oh! well I can still complete my plans for myy 999th and 1000th post :D

So here in tribute to my dedication/obsessiveness/lunacy I present the TJ Cast Of Thousands story:  

I never even heard the song that became my favourite ever Adverts song untill I borrowed a mates audio tape of The Adverts second album in the '80's  8O  I had seen the album cover in Virgin's second store in Leeds the day I had to choose between Last Words Of The Great Explorer and A Cast Of Thousands (I was a lot more skint in those days). I loved Last Words and spent years trying to find the other album I had seen. However my mind played a trick on me and I thought that the Cast Of Thousands album was the second Explorers album :roll: :oops:  If only I had bought them both on the same day. oh well at least Last Words and Cast Of Thousands helped keep me interested enough in TV Smith to pick up March Of The Giants when I saw it in the early '90's in the third location for Virgin in Leeds.
I asked TV if he could play A Cast Of Thousands for me on the third time I actually met him in The Tanner Hop in Northalleton.
The second time I met TV was also in the Tanner Hop. It was three years ago almost to this date and on that occasion I was mentioned in TV's diary.

This is maybe the fifth or sixth time I've played this venue and it's a great success again; I play two sets and it goes down a storm. What a delight. Someone comes up afterwards and thanks me for the gig then reiminisces about seeing me with the Adverts years ago.
"I once touched Gaye Advert's leg, you know," he says shyly.
"Really? Where was that?" I ask.
"Ohhh..." he gestures at the back of his thigh. "Round about here."
TV Smith's Diary December 2nd 1999

Yes that  :oops:  Adverts fan was little old me :wink:  

Back to out third meeting and A Cast Of Thousands. TV told me it couldn't be played on acoustic guitar, especially the second half that featured Richard Strange on synth  8O  Richard's only performance as an Advert - another event that makes this song to special for me. I jokingly asked if he could play A Cast Of 500 instead.

Of course TV never gives in and on the 8th March TV played me Cast Of Thousands. Yet another moving moment.

Where there is a will there is a way...

TV Smith
Thursday 8th March 2001
Peterborough - Metropolis Lounge

1 One Chord Wonders
2 No Time To Be 21
3 Only One Flavour
4 Cast Of Thousands
5 The Future Used To Be Better...

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Posts Of 5 Thousands
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 03:02:29 PM »
By the way Klaus mega congratualtions on you're 'new' TV Smith Forum hitting 5000 posts 8O  :D

Nice one m8 :D

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Cast Of Thousand
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 11:34:47 PM »
...or should I say 5050...

fleagle
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:40 am        
Post subject: Canterbury

Well folks - eat your hearts out TUTS....fresh from Canterbury

Dominator - C5 !!!
Cast of thousands - TJ!!
Quickstep - Jock!!
200 Blows for a very happy Mrs Fleagle!!

37 songs passionately delivered - watch out for the piccys and review!!
The tired happy fleagles!

Well look on the bright side at least TV played A Cast Of Thousands and I can pretend it was for my 1000th post.

:cry:

Tj Sundown