Author Topic: New Book on Life & Times of TV Smith Out Now! Get... "YOUR TICKET OUT OF HERE"  (Read 30484 times)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Yes Uli don't tease. I almost dropped my bourbon biscuit into my coffee when I read that.  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Sorry, but it was fun (for me)!  ;D
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Sorry, but it was fun (for me)!  ;D

"You gotta Have Fun"

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
I think Mickey Bradley, at least, wanted them on the tour and Feargal wanted them off it. There, I've said it!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
I think Mickey Bradley, at least, wanted them on the tour and Feargal wanted them off it. There, I've said it!

Hm, if it's true what Nick said about his new job, Feargal already received his punishment.  ;D

Oh well TV Smith is still going strong & Feargal Shitly works for the government.
:P
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
He has a very powerful and very well paid job as the Chairman of British Music Rights, so not too bad a "punishment" I'm afraid!

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
In 2004 he was chairman of the government task force for live music. Not sure if that still applies though.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
Everybody seemed to get along in Leuvan..  but Sharkey wasn't there...   So!!!!
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
I think it was Erik that told me that it was Fergal and not The Undertones.

I'll have a look at the interview me and Klaus did with him the dat after the first gathering of the TUTS and the day before the first Earthbound.

Blah! Blah! Blah! It's like I've never been away.

"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Yep! I've still got it!

What ever "it" is?

Tj:  What a bummer! You did a tour with The Undertones, where you pretty much outshone the Undertones from what I understand. Do you remember that tour? What really happened?

Erik: I remember that tour better than Fergel Sharkey (laughs).
We did about four gigs. I heard a rumour that we had paid to get on that tour, I donít know if that is true or not. At the time that did happen a lot.
We got on incredibly well with the Undertones band - the band. We just used to have fun with them, I really liked them. I can remember sitting backstage in the De Montford Hall in Sheffield with one of the guitarists playing Bob Dylan songs and really enjoying it and the next thing we knew we were off the tour. I understand that it was that Fergel Sharkey did not like the fact that we were getting a better audience response than they were. At first we thought Ďweí had decided to pull out of the tour. We didnít find out what happened the facts until we read it in the New Musical Express.
Everyone has different memories of these things. When youíre playing and the adrenalin is just so extraordinary - thatís the thing I remember about The Explorers. Every other band I have ever played in Ė yes, you come off stage racing with adrenalin pumping away, but with The Explorers it was like you didnít have any blood left, everything was pure adrenalin.   
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight