Author Topic: Review: Balingen, Sonnenkeller 23/10/10  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Review: Balingen, Sonnenkeller 23/10/10
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
Another great night at the Sonnenkeller in Balingen (TV played there before, solo and with Vom)!
Driving down went well, as I arrived I met Ilona and Wolfgang at the bar, nice to see them again, as well as Meike who was sitting nearby with her brother a.o.! Small TUTS meeting!  8)
As I still remembered where the tiny "dressing room" was, I went there later to chat with TV for a little while. I asked for my wishsong and as many new songs as possible (I expected 2 or 3, incredible how many he did in the end!). He told me a little bit of info about his next album (watch this Forum for more later).
Then I met Swiss TUTS René and Mariann, always nice to chat to them.  :)
(There were more fans from Switzerland, later I recognised Nick, who had been here last year as well.)
Two guys with acoustic guitars (and a flute) were the support, I watched a few songs.
TV went on stage near 10.30pm and stayed there for more than 2 hours! He played "People don't know" (which I had wished for, as it has been a special song for me, this week I've often thought about it) and 7 new songs (yeah that's SEVEN new songs!!!): Man Down, Coming in to land, Trouble to yourself (?), Complaints Dept., Probably, Worn Once, True Belivers!!! Thanks so so much! Great songs there, should be a brilliant new album. "Make Your Escape" from Sparkle was also performed, plus the usual "hits" of course (Lion and the lamb, Expensive, Gen Y, GGE, OCW etc) and a few "rarities" e.g. "Can't Pay Won't Pay"!
GREAT gig, so glad I was there!!!  :)
Afterwards we had a nice Swiss/German TUTS chat, before it was time to hit the road again. Ooops, it was 2.30am already.  :o
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Review: Balingen, Sonnenkeller 23/10/10
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »
Another great night at the Sonnenkeller in Balingen (TV played there before, solo and with Vom)!
Driving down went well, as I arrived I met Ilona and Wolfgang at the bar, nice to see them again, as well as Meike who was sitting nearby with her brother a.o.! Small TUTS meeting!  8)
As I still remembered where the tiny "dressing room" was, I went there later to chat with TV for a little while. I asked for my wishsong and as many new songs as possible (I expected 2 or 3, incredible how many he did in the end!). He told me a little bit of info about his next album (watch this Forum for more later).
Then I met Swiss TUTS René and Mariann, always nice to chat to them.  :)
(There were more fans from Switzerland, later I recognised Nick, who had been here last year as well.)
Two guys with acoustic guitars (and a flute) were the support, I watched a few songs.
TV went on stage near 10.30pm and stayed there for more than 2 hours! He played "People don't know" (which I had wished for, as it has been a special song for me, this week I've often thought about it) and 7 new songs (yeah that's SEVEN new songs!!!): Man Down, Coming in to land, Trouble to yourself (?), Complaints Dept., Probably, Worn Once, True Belivers!!! Thanks so so much! Great songs there, should be a brilliant new album. "Make Your Escape" from Sparkle was also performed, plus the usual "hits" of course (Lion and the lamb, Expensive, Gen Y, GGE, OCW etc) and a few "rarities" e.g. "Can't Pay Won't Pay"!
GREAT gig, so glad I was there!!!  :)
Afterwards we had a nice Swiss/German TUTS chat, before it was time to hit the road again. Ooops, it was 2.30am already.  :o

Thanks for the Review Uli. The only thing I missed yesterday, was the performance of Mister TJ Sundown in the Song ''Make Your Escape''. Will he sing this Song together with T. V. Smith on the new Album ? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81uQ5WnXNU

Grüßle
Ilona
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:10:59 PM by Ilove »
Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:36:22 AM »
Thanks Ilove. The only thing I didn't like about Saturday was the high percentage of drunk people talking loudly even during the songs.  :P
But that doesn't really matter as the gig was great anyway.  :)
TV played so many of my favourites I didn't even have the time to ask for, e.g. Together Alone, Bring the bull down etc.!

The guy who runs the club said TV might be back for a gig next year.

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
Sounds like a great night. A real treat to get so many new songs. Great reveiw.  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
Thanks Nick, nice to know people read it.  :)
(Btw, we should mention the person called Nick in the review is not you, he's from Switzerland - he needs to choose another name if he does get registered here...)

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
Good old time style review Uli  8
2 hour set lucky you  8)

Mrs Flealge  ::)

P.S Meike in Germany are you sure  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:31:47 PM by Mrs Fleagle »
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
Good old time style review Uli

Great comment, that's what I tried, to write it old style just like I always used to!!  :)

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »
Thanks Ilove. The only thing I didn't like about Saturday was the high percentage of drunk people talking loudly even during the songs.  :P
TV played so many of my favourites I didn't even have the time to ask for, e.g. Together Alone, Bring the bull down etc.!

The guy who runs the club said TV might be back for a gig next year.

Yes, that was nerving ! Now the setlist is here, ''A Trouble to Yourself'' is o.k.

39 Songs an einem Abend und das nach dem vierten Gig in Folge ist ein Hammer und ein Zeichen dafür, das die alten Punks wohl doch noch nicht "müde" geworden sind.
Grüße Ilona
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:43:14 PM by Ilove »
Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
Thanks for the Review Uli. The only thing I missed yesterday, was the performance of Mister TJ Sundown in the Song ''Make Your Escape''. Will he sing this Song together with T. V. Smith on the new Album ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81uQ5WnXNU

:-[

:-*

Great gig review Uli. Good to hear you have fallen in love with People Don't Know. Nice to hear about the two new songs too. :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:19:03 PM by Tj »
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline mmeike

• Bored Teenager
    • MSN Messenger - mmeike@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »
P.S Meike in Germany are you sure  ;)

It's rare, but happens ;)
Unfortunately I will miss the next gig due to private holidays...
"And if our castle should come tumbling down
we fix it up again somehow
We can do anything..."

Offline mmeike

• Bored Teenager
    • MSN Messenger - mmeike@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

You should have stand in front of the people like me - I didn't hear any people talking through the songs...

It was great, yes. Very long, lots of favourite songs, two songs I haven't heard before,... - really great one.
Would have love to stay a bit longer after the gig, but we had to get up early and run a competition the next day.

Meike
"And if our castle should come tumbling down
we fix it up again somehow
We can do anything..."

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »

You should have stand in front of the people like me - I didn't hear any people talking through the songs...

Du bist auf der Bühne gestanden ? :)  :D

Grüßle
Ilona
Who the fuck is Elvis?