Author Topic: 2011 Gigs  (Read 84170 times)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Re: 2011 Gigs
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »
Cheers Tj. Great reveiw

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
I didn't get to Gateshead but Craig Casson reports another good turnout and a cracking gig.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the nice review Tj!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline noir

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2011, 01:54:12 AM »
Dundee was fantastic!

Here is one of my videos from Friday night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQEstKhCqo&list=UUjItzwarfrlfloDWkJ65KmQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
  • you will never know who you really are
    • MSN Messenger - info@stagefrite.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • stagefrite - keepin it live!
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »
great stuff - cheers!
 ;D

fleags
I got some presents for you boo-boo

Offline noir

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »
great stuff - cheers!
 ;D

fleags

I filmed the whole set..fantastic night had by all!

Offline claret999

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
Fantastig gig at the Night and Day in Manchester last night, lots of people at the gig I would guess at over 150 but I was looking through beer goggles by the time we got there. Took two of my sons to this one and they loved every second of it. Set list the same as Liverpool except we got Xmas Bloody Xmas, Cast of Thousands and Good times are Back added.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
Wish I was in Brum...
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
Hi Noir  ;)

Well as you know Noir filmed the gig BUT we had a pro cameraman behind the desk with Tims permission
who filmed the whole gig from start to finnish- infact on  both nights ! ( Rezillos next night )  plus there w
as Noir's excellent footage too so its been well documented.

Tims set was yet again blistering hot , full to the brim with power and energy and passion .
Im maybe slightly biased but i think Tim IS THE best performer on the punk scene , esspecially with
backing band , who were outstanding by the way !   they played their hearts out too ...and the crowd at BGL
to see TVSmith and the Valentine/Leeches  loved every single second of it .

some people who missed TV the last time at Dundee were there to witness their favourite songs being played live
after being told how good the last gig was back in March .... one bloke wanted to hear Bombsite Boy and asked me if
it was in the set ?   I didnt know and wasnt going to hassle Tim to ask ... so it was sheer delight on his face when
the band played Bombsite Boy ...  ive never seen happiness like this in years .

Tim is obviously a firm favourite of ours and the people who have kept supporting him on all his tours all over the world
shows just how much he is loved.  his lyrics are superb his enrgy is endless, his passion is his music and on top of that Tim
 is the most  down to earth bloke anyone can meet , and thats not bad for being punk rock royalty .

Ive been lucky enough to support Tim twice now and like i said to Tim , thats me sorted ! im chuffed ive managed to support
TVSmith and the valentines twice in one year , its a dream come true for me .

All the best to Tim and Gaye ...two very lovely people indeed.

see ya's soon . 8)
Bloody hell !

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
Sounds excellent Jock, I really enjoyed the London gig too and only wish that I could have captured more performances! I hope TV will resurface with the Valentines / Leeches again in the New Year but this time perhaps doing more of Tim's post Adverts stuff - Coming In to Land was such a highlight and I think there would be a good audience for a broader performance; Only one flavour; expensive being poor, Third Term; Probably; Runaway train driver; Not in my name; SWimming in the flood; Generation Y... so many!

Plus I assume the cameraman also captured Patrol at the gig? Will any be up on youtube? Plus when are we going to see Patrol venture out of Scotland down to at least Blackpool?!!

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »
i hear video?

there can never be enough Video, i want to have it  ;D
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
Dundee was fantastic!

Here is one of my videos from Friday night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQEstKhCqo&list=UUjItzwarfrlfloDWkJ65KmQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Great video. Exactly the same view I had at Southampton.  :)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
Hi Noir  ;)

Well as you know Noir filmed the gig BUT we had a pro cameraman behind the desk with Tims permission
who filmed the whole gig from start to finnish- infact on  both nights ! ( Rezillos next night )  plus there w
as Noir's excellent footage too so its been well documented.

Tims set was yet again blistering hot , full to the brim with power and energy and passion .
Im maybe slightly biased but i think Tim IS THE best performer on the punk scene , esspecially with
backing band , who were outstanding by the way !   they played their hearts out too ...and the crowd at BGL
to see TVSmith and the Valentine/Leeches  loved every single second of it .

some people who missed TV the last time at Dundee were there to witness their favourite songs being played live
after being told how good the last gig was back in March .... one bloke wanted to hear Bombsite Boy and asked me if
it was in the set ?   I didnt know and wasnt going to hassle Tim to ask ... so it was sheer delight on his face when
the band played Bombsite Boy ...  ive never seen happiness like this in years .

Tim is obviously a firm favourite of ours and the people who have kept supporting him on all his tours all over the world
shows just how much he is loved.  his lyrics are superb his enrgy is endless, his passion is his music and on top of that Tim
 is the most  down to earth bloke anyone can meet , and thats not bad for being punk rock royalty .

Ive been lucky enough to support Tim twice now and like i said to Tim , thats me sorted ! im chuffed ive managed to support
TVSmith and the valentines twice in one year , its a dream come true for me .

All the best to Tim and Gaye ...two very lovely people indeed.

see ya's soon . 8)

I agree with you 100% there Jock. :)
I can imagine the look on your mates face when Bombsite Boy came on. I think some of TV's Adverts songs have taken on a sort of mystical quality & its great to hear them with a full band. On the Roof sounds amazing.

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
Sounds excellent Jock, I really enjoyed the London gig too and only wish that I could have captured more performances! I hope TV will resurface with the Valentines / Leeches again in the New Year but this time perhaps doing more of Tim's post Adverts stuff - Coming In to Land was such a highlight and I think there would be a good audience for a broader performance; Only one flavour; expensive being poor, Third Term; Probably; Runaway train driver; Not in my name; SWimming in the flood; Generation Y... so many!

Gotta agree with that Alan. I think it would be worth touring the whole new album with a band & including the songs you mentioned as well to fill the set up.

Offline jock

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohawks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
Hi Guys ...

yeh there is full sets by all bands at the venue in Dundee which will probably surface on youtube soon .

I know the camerman who will send Tim a copy of his set as he told me this , but im not sure what
will happen to the footage ... i suppose it will become available to TVSmith fans at some point soon.

Patrol would like to play Blackpool ... thats three times now Paul North's seen us so maybe ..just maybe he will
put a word in for us down there ?  also we play with    Peter & the TT Babies    in january so might have a word with
Peter too...  and Jennie and Daz  ;)

Al the best folks   8)

Bloody hell !