Author Topic: Compilation punk album in support of closed music venues  (Read 469 times)

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
Compilation punk album in support of closed music venues
« on: April 29, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Compilation-punk-album-project-in-support-of-closed-venues-102138251486238/

TV has confirmed his participation in this project.
Can we hope for something not previously released?

Help keep Punk/Rock music venues going

Compilation punk album project in support of closed venues.·Friday, 24 April 2020·
At the moment, all over Europe, and the world over, music venues have been forced to close their doors. Some possibly forever. Without cash flow, the average business might be able to hang on for around three months, before eating into savings and private assets. If they have any.
There are certain venues, where bands love to play, and venues who promote bands they love.
We’re proposing a collaboration between RiverStudios Belgium, Advance Records/Reaktor Vinyl, Dublin, to produce Compilation albums for venues around Europe that bands and fans love, with the intention that  profits go to the venues forced to close at the moment.
We are compiling lists of Venues and bands/artists to make a series of Ltd compilations, all different, under the same banner. So for example, if we have 5 venues, we’ll need 60 bands to donate a track and an image towards the project.
We’ll do the rest: Mastering, pressing, distribution.
We’ll be setting up a kickstarter, where we can raise some funds to get off the ground and where people can buy their copies in advance. Venues will also be able to offer any merch on this platform.

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Compilation punk album in support of closed music venues
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:45:03 PM »
Great idea - but who's this Tim Smith bloke?

Seriously, Tim's stage name would obviously be more recognisable than the 'friendlier' approach taken by the organizers.
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »
It must be "end of days" if you've been on Facebook to see that Fred!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:33:23 PM »
Don't you swear at me!

Honestly, I didn't even notice. It's amazing what effect six weeks and one day (not that I'm counting) stuck 'shielding' indoors can have on your perception.
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »
With Live Versions recorded at the Venues it would be interesting

Some from the Freakshow exist
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 06:33:40 PM »
Update on this today - still Tim Smith!
TV's track from "upcoming new album" which I assume is Acoustic Sessions Vol 2.

"Discharge have just given us an unreleased live track,and it's a banger! Charlie from UK Subs has chosen to offer a track from one of their past albums, Tim Smith, Blitzkrieg and others will be donating tracks from upcoming new albums. so, you'll hear them here first. GBH say we can put any of their tracks we want! Got a favourite GBH track?"

WARNING (for Fred), here's the Facebook link again:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Compilation-punk-album-project-in-support-of-closed-venues-102138251486238/posts/?ref=page_internal

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 01:27:51 PM »
Update on this today - still Tim Smith!

"...Tim Smith, Blitzkrieg and others will be donating tracks from upcoming new albums. so, you'll hear them here first."

Sounds interesting, must check that Facebook link (after I've recovered from the shock that Fred "liked" this...)!
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 10:00:00 PM »
Finally, an update on this (if you can call it that):

"We're in the process of building the project masters, it'll come together and be announced for release in the coming weeks. ''Vive le rock'' magazine will have the albums for review in the coming days, and pre-sales will be available online soon. Thanks to everyone who sent tracks!"

To be honest, I'm a bit dubious about this actually happening as the first releases were supposed to be out by the end of June. Communication has been poor to say the least - nearly 2 months since the last update - I know TV hadn't been updated last week and when I posted on you know what asking was there any news the page "liked" my comment but didn't bother answering!