Author Topic: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)  (Read 261812 times)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)
« Reply #1290 on: December 31, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
Most deffo was not Reg, unless he has regressed to about 18 stone.. Still it was a good evening sitting on a terrace, temp around 18c at 2100hrs.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 19, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »
So far I've sorted...

SATURDAY 28TH MARCH – Stiff Little Fingers @ The Roundhouse (with Neville Staple Band, The Professionals, and TV Smith).

WEDNESDAY 1ST APRIL – Vive Le Rock Awards @ Shepherd's Bush Empire 02 (with the reformed The Lords Of The New Church feat. Michael Monroe & Brian James, and a load of other people and an unnamed headline band, and the after show party).

THURSDAY 23RD APRIL – The Greatest Themes From Spaghetti Western Films by Symphony Orchestra and Choir @ Royal Festival Hall. Something different. Might go in my cowboy hat. ;)

SATURDAY 30TH MAY – Rockswell Music Festival (in aid of the MS Society) @ Facebar, Reading (with The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing, Red Rum, Last Great Dreamers, Janus Stark, Healthy Junkies, Hell's Gazelles, The Suicide Notes, Trauma UK, & Haxan).

FRIDAY 3RD JULY – The Members, The Drones, Feckin’ Latchicos, RocknRoll Suicidez, The Wafty Krankers & Healthy Junkies @ The 100 Club

SATURDAY 11TH JULY – Johnny Moped, The Price, The Weird Things & Nuffin' @ The 100 Club

THURSDAY 26TH AUGUST-TUESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER – Various bands you've never heard of at the Engine Shed, Lincoln during the Asylum Steampunk Festival.

FRIDAY 2ND - MONDAY 5TH OCTOBER – Great British Alternative Music Festival @ Butlins Skegness (Line-up yet to be announced except for The Exploited (who I bet don't turn up anyway) and the bands that won on the Introducing Stage in 2019 which will be Spunk Volcano & The Eruptions, Toyko Taboo, Desensitised & Rage DC.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 20, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »
I'm not planning too far ahead as usual.

The Franklys will be touring Germany soon; I laid my eyes on 2 dates: Tübingen on 28th January or maybe Karlsruhe on the 7th of February. (?)

While I missed the Cryssis show in Stuttgart last week, they'll also be in Karlsruhe on February 6th!
http://cryssis.de/

The Strange will supposedly be touring in February, but I've not seen any dates so far.  ::)

Hugo Race Fatalists plan more touring for spring, hopefully this time with a date closer to my home.

TV of course I should see in April and (hopefully) in May/June.  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 12, 2020, 04:33:01 PM »
The Strange will supposedly be touring in February, but I've not seen any dates so far.  ::)

Short notice: just heard about their gig on 15/2! :o

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 16, 2020, 10:52:27 AM »
The Strange were great last night. Laboratorium in Stuttgart (eastern part of town) is a nice place, it's more of a pub with a stage though, which means it's seated - while that was perfect for the acoustic kind of set Distance Light & Sky played here last September (incl. Chris Eckman, who's also singer of The Strange), it's not ideal for "rock music". Never mind, I arrived shortly before they went on stage and most seats were occupied, so I kept standing (and rocking)… :D
(Later, some ladies got up and danced.)

I enjoyed very much to hear the new songs from the new album I'd listened to for months. The band sounded perfect (8 people on the small stage incl. a "horn section")!!
Audience loved them and asked them back for 2 encores. Glad I got to see them finally.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:00:23 AM by Uli »

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1295 on: February 17, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »
Not a gig exactly bur Stephen Morris (New Order) and then Tracey Thorn doing book readings at Faversham Literary Festival on Saturday (22nd)/   Ok Yah!!
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable