Author Topic: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)  (Read 90915 times)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)
« Reply #1050 on: August 04, 2017, 12:55:49 AM »
Plenty of new bands for me on Thursday at Rebellion. In no real order of likey - likely...
Buster Shuffle
Barstool Preachers
Spoilers
Choking Susan
Terminal Rage
Good Riddance
Funders
Viki Vortex
Retro poor though we're The Tuts... How dare they blasphem our name?
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Gig reviews & who are you going to see next (other than...)
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
Went to see 2 bands last night, hadn't seen them before (or heard much from them). Entry was cheap (10 euro if you arrived before the support band started), it was a Saturday and I was looking for action, so I decided to give it a go.
Arrived at the "Keller Klub" in Stuttgart before 8.30 and paid my tenner, Micha (promoter) informed me that support wouldn't start before 9, so I went out again to grab something to eat (it's in the city centre, so loads of choice there).
Went back and waited for Escape/Escape (describe themself as "dirty punk from Stuttgart") to begin. They were pretty good! Only been together for 8 months. Set included a cover of Midnight Oil's "Beds are burning" (punky version, not bad)!

Then The Mis-Made came on, all-girl "punk" from Australia. (A bit in the vein of Hole, L7 and so on.) Really good, they have good songs and obviously had fun performing them together. They rocked the audience (not a very huge crowd for a Saturday night, but never mind, the band gave their all), I really enjoyed it.  8)
https://themismade.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Ns39sDGcc

(They'll play Edinburgh on Aug 16th, if you happen to be around go and catch them!)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:41:32 PM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...