Author Topic: Expensive Being Poor (A158)  (Read 14071 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
TV Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2003, 01:56:35 PM »
To aid the TUTS and particularly any new TV Smith fans I have copied your Mayday question and answer into the TV Questions section.

GOLD AWARD

Of course we all know that Expensive Being Poor was the number 1 TV Smith fans favourite song in the TUTS chart in 2001. Is it still the people's choice only time will tell :D

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Expensive
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2003, 04:52:32 PM »
Still there at No.1 for me! BUT could be threatened by some of the unreleased stuff - Ticket out of Here, As soon as I found it, et al....

Alan

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Expensive Being Poor (A158)
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
TV's song is on the spot, as usual, even years later...
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sean-omeara/expensive-being-poor-poverty_b_2177673.html?ir=UK+Lifestyle

In 1999, T.V Smith, founder of the pioneering punk band The Adverts, sang "And I pay more for my food 'cause the supermarket's too far... It's expensive being poor because everything costs more." He had a point.

In America there's a name for the collection of inconveniences and expense associated with being poor. They call it the poverty tax. It's all about lack of access to the best deals and being forced into spending more through lack of choice.

(Link was shared by TV on FB, as usual...)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: Expensive Being Poor (A158)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
http://dyingscene.com/news/10-punks-who-are-richer-than-you-think/ Hmmmmm I couldn't see TV but probably just because it's an American list....