Author Topic: From Fred  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
From Fred
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Apparently England's new sponsors...

Well he is Scottish...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: From Fred
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »
The Football Association today proudly unveiled Total, fcuk and UPS as the new sponsors of the England football team. ‘The combination of these three corporate giants perfectly captures the ethos of the England side,’ said an FA spokesman. ‘After all, they had nothing in the tank when it counted, and they’ve proved themselves to be a bunch of expensive posers who always fail to deliver.’

The new shirts come in a range of bright ‘easy to spot’ colours after claims from England players that the old kit was painted in ‘magic invisible ink’ which made it impossible to pick out an easy and obvious pass to a team mate. The new shirts are also made of a super lightweight material, unlike the old tops which were apparently made of extra-heavy chain mail which left the Premiership stars lumbering around looking exhausted and unfit.

However, one criticism has been made of the design of the new England kit with claims that the neck hole was inexplicably too small for the heads of the Premiership stars. Players say this will make it very hard to pull the shirt off during an over-exuberant goal celebration, but a spokesman for the manufacturers said ’we don’t envisage this being a problem.’
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
Cheers Al!

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
It could be worse.

I follow Wales and we are BELOW the Faeroes!!!!!

Still good trips to come in the 2014 qualifiers.  Why WE call them qualifiers beats me.  We NEVER do (well ok we did in 1958, but it was before my time).

Trips to Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Belgium and our friends from Scotland.....  The trip is the Craic, the game is the crap....
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »
The Football Association today proudly unveiled Total, fcuk and UPS as the new sponsors of the England football team. ‘The combination of these three corporate giants perfectly captures the ethos of the England side,’ said an FA spokesman. ‘After all, they had nothing in the tank when it counted, and they’ve proved themselves to be a bunch of expensive posers who always fail to deliver.’

The new shirts come in a range of bright ‘easy to spot’ colours after claims from England players that the old kit was painted in ‘magic invisible ink’ which made it impossible to pick out an easy and obvious pass to a team mate. The new shirts are also made of a super lightweight material, unlike the old tops which were apparently made of extra-heavy chain mail which left the Premiership stars lumbering around looking exhausted and unfit.

However, one criticism has been made of the design of the new England kit with claims that the neck hole was inexplicably too small for the heads of the Premiership stars. Players say this will make it very hard to pull the shirt off during an over-exuberant goal celebration, but a spokesman for the manufacturers said ’we don’t envisage this being a problem.’

Ha ha excellent ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:47:05 PM by Nick »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
Alan - did you get that snap of the Scotland Squad I was in?

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
It could be worse.

I follow Wales and we are BELOW the Faeroes!!!!!

Still good trips to come in the 2014 qualifiers.  Why WE call them qualifiers beats me.  We NEVER do (well ok we did in 1958, but it was before my time).

Trips to Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Belgium and our friends from Scotland.....  The trip is the Craic, the game is the crap....

Only 4 years ago, Wales were below The Faeroes, now we are above the Fairies and could, just could, go 2nd in the world if the results go for us over the weekend.  So will be supporting Scotland (a draw will do V Germany) and Cyprus (v Belgium).    This is because Argentina & Brazil are only playing "friendlies" and the ranking points are minimal...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:04:43 PM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Bloody hell -  more maths than in an episode of "Countdown"!

Following Scotland is easy - just loads of "Nil's" to track!

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »
Bloody hell -  more maths than in an episode of "Countdown"!

Following Scotland is easy - just loads of "Nil's" to track!

Keeping the run goping at the moment.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Oh we've got the runs alright!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »
Told ya!