Author Topic: Gigs 2012  (Read 35812 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Gigs 2012
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »
Thanks for the nice review, claret!  :)

Another pic found on FB:
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
Great to read some reviews  8)
Hopefully we will get a few more before the years out  :)

Mrs Fleagle  ::)
e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
Dusseldorf next weekend...  Wart's 'n' all...  Mrs F.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Mrs Fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
    • MSN Messenger - aliensathome@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2012, 12:22:44 PM »
You make sure my boys behave  :-\
Also keep Fleagle off of the stage please  :-[

e have guided missiles and misguided men.

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
damn, i may need a sleeping place in duesseldorf
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
Gabumon, frag doch die TUTS aus Düsseldorf.  8)

Or maybe one of the UK TUTS will offer you a space on their hotel floor?  ;)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
You make sure my boys behave  :-\
Also keep Fleagle off of the stage please  :-[

Camera packed Mrs F.  Mind you I will not know what happens tonight :( :(
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »
TVom + Admin + TUTS:

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »
Three night residency at Pitcher in Duesseldorf is now over...

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
Report from Day 2 & Day 3 of the Residency at The Pitcher Dusseldorf.

East Kent Taff & West Hampstead Tone travelled out by Eurostar on Saturday 3rd..  1057 ex St Pancras and arrived Dusseldorf 1601 (UK Time)..   Book through your favourite Rail Agents , Rail Canterbury (01227 450088)...  Ok plug over..

We based ourselves at the Ibis at Dusseldorf station, mainly because we had an early start home on the Monday.. so 120 euros for 2 nights, B & B, with a 10 Euro voucher to spend in the bar.

We duly caught the S Bahn 1 stop to the venue and arrived just after 6 as the poster had stated that Stage was 7pm.. This was however incorrect, so a quick bite to eat then back to see if our tickets had arrived (being delivered by Mssrs Fleague & Klaus).  The aforesaid bearer of tickets arrived around 7.30.  Fleags had been unwell and was not attending.  The Pitcher is a small bar, with a small stage, but a good vantage point was found and TVOM duly entered at around 9pm.  In previous correspondence with Vom, it turned out that he was originally from Stanford-Le-Hope in Essex and had actually attended the same school as my Dad, although around 70 years apart..  When corresponding with him on FB, our usual banter begins with "Essex Boy", so I had duly arranged for a T Shirt to be done with "Essex Boy" on it "Frankie says! style".

The songs came with their usual fast pace, the crowd were very receptive and a good "mosh" abounded or should that be "abounced", especially with GGE, String, BT and RTD to end the show a good 1hr 45 minutes later.

Day 3 (Day 2 for me at WH Tone), saw us "playing trains" at Wuppertal and then Bochum railway museum, but duly arrived back at The Pitcher at around 8.15.  Fleags was in attendance, but did look a bid "tender", but he was hoping to stay the course.  Again, show time was around 9pm, and although the crowd was a little lighter, there was more room "at the front" to "get into the action", which one did with aplomb.  Again a set of around 1hr 35, curtailed by TV's guitar failing, a couple more drinks at the bar, before heading back to the hotel and oh look that 10 euro voucher was still in the pocket, well it would be churlish not to use it!!!

Early start then this morning, aiming for the 0750 from Dusseldorf, but electrical failures and trains all delayed, but Koln was reached in time for the Thalys, Fleags was in attendane and a good ride back via the Eurostar with us arriving back in London just after 2.15.

Pictures have been posted in the gallery.

Thanks to TV, Vom & Thomas for (for us) 2 excellent nights, and here's to the next time...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:42:40 PM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:26 AM »
Had to leave the Sunday gig earlier, right when TV start to play Runaway Train Driver i rushed out of the door, to catch the last train back home at 23:09, or i would have to wait till 5:39...

Made it into the Train at 23:08, 30 seconds more and i would fail  :o
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »
Perfect timing, Gabumon, well done!  8)

Perfect review, EKT, well done!  :)
Thanks a lot for this.

NO THANKS to all others who went and remained silent ever since.   >:(

Offline mmeike

• Bored Teenager
    • MSN Messenger - mmeike@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »
NO THANKS to all others who went and remained silent ever since.   >:(

Well, I went but had a lot of other things on my plate over the last days, not a least thanks to a surprise visit from 2 americans sunday night which in combination with the weekend left me seriously sleep deprived for a while ;)
Also I wasn't really sure what to write, cause my 2-day stiint there left me strangely disappointed, although TV and Vom did 2 great shows...

Anyway, some short review for you:
I went there with my boyfriend, my brother + another friend, booked a cheap hotel near the pitcher (Antares, OK hotel for the price, but not super-comfortable beds). Convinced 2 more friends from near Essen to drive over on the first day and join us. First lots of nice korean food, then arrived at the pitcher at 8:30 (as we already knew it wouldn't start before) to get our reserved tickets and join the - already very big - crowd. Really full venue and it was quite a bit of work to get to a suitable place somewhere in the front half of the pitcher with at least some views of the stage - no chance to get my usual place in the front rows. TVOM where great as always, lots of fun joking going on between them and great music in between. We really enjoyed it and my 2 friends were sad that they couldn't get tickets for saturday night, too. Lots of dancing and singing and general good mood around us - and meeting Fleagle and EKT was a nice surprise. Really enjoyed the first night (and was looking forward to the next day), only downside was all the smoke (am not used to that anymore) which left me with a really bad headache by the end of the night...
The second day:
Spent a nice icecold afternoon in the Düsseldorf Altstadt, including trying some beers and cocktails already. Arrived at the pitcher even later than on friday, but still on time. Were a bit lazy and thought we didn't bother with fighting for a place in the crowded front and stay in the background, which probably was my mistake. The show for sure was great again (and different enough from the first evening), but I didn't really got the live feeling beeing so far behind and most of the talk/joking between TV and VOM wasn't understandable at all in the back. Maybe should have tried to get in front, cause as nice as the music was, it didn't really feel like other TV gigs to me, I wasn't really pulled into it but felt more like an outsider just listening to something nice - strange and a bit of a disappointing feeling for me, but definetely not because the show was worse than on other times, just the círcumstances...

What should I learn from that?
- as much as I like it for TV if the venue is sold out, I enjoy the ones that are a bit less crowded a lot more
- I'm obviously not born for standing in the background and just listening on a gig, so I shouldn't try it. Just get in front and into the action next time, no matter how tired
- the pitcher is better if I go there alone, cause somehow then I always end up in the front rows which makes all the difference

And now I'd really like to get another TV gig somewhere where I can go and where it's a bit less crowded, please :)
"And if our castle should come tumbling down
we fix it up again somehow
We can do anything..."

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Thank you very much for the extensive review (and the reasons why and the reasons why not), Meike!  :)
At least you had one great gig nearer to the front of the stage.  8)

My comment wasn't aimed at you of course, more to people we can see in some pics (I know I know, how dare I expect the Admin to look or even write into this Forum?)...  ::)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:21:38 AM by Uli »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
TV on FB:
This week's gigs: Today, Wednesday 14th November - Birmingham Actress & Bishop, with Duncan Reid (The Boys) & The Bigheads, tomorrow 15th November - Manchester Hyde The Verge (again with Duncan), Friday 16th Stoke-on-Trent The Glebe (with Headsticks acoustic).