Author Topic: Bosnian Pyramids  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Bosnian Pyramids
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
For those interested in Earth mysteries, these could be the first pyramids found in europe. I think that our ancestors were more advanced than we at first realised, thanks to centuries of christian repression.

http://ishtarsgate.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/the-significance-of-the-bosnian-pyramids-by-sam-osmanagich/

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Bosnian Pyramids
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
Not uninteresting! But I like to think that you can't blame it all on "christian repression".
Back in times of older religions, there were those who were "initiated", the others probably weren't given their knowledge (e.g. those workers or slaves who had to do the hard work of building pyramids!)...
Some old high-cultures were destroyed long before Christ, so their "knowledge" got lost.

Anyway, there are interesting things (craftmanship etc.) in many churches as well. I haven't read the whole article yet, but it seems interesting:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/73616342/The-Rosslyn-Bones
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
I see the point that you are making Uli, but let's face it no one knows who built the pyramids let alone how they were built. The assumption that slaves were used as forced labour is just supposition because that is how the Egyptians built their temples so that must have been how the pyramids were built. There are no records of the Egyptian pyramids being built.
If the Bosnian pyramids are genuine it would suggest that there was a science around in pre-history that was very advanced.
My dig at the christians is because they have systematically destroyed all historic records that do not fit in with their world view. The fact that only initates have knowledge has always been true because, let's face it, there are, even now, as then, a great number of people who are content to be ignorant & let the preists tell them what to think. True seeker's of knowledge will always find it.  :)

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »
I think you could accuse any ruling group of that Nick - most, no all, power blocks rewrite history

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
I see the point that you are making Uli, but let's face it no one knows who built the pyramids let alone how they were built. The assumption that slaves were used as forced labour is just supposition because that is how the Egyptians built their temples so that must have been how the pyramids were built.

That's why I said "workers or slaves".  ::)

If the Bosnian pyramids are genuine it would suggest that there was a science around in pre-history that was very advanced.
My dig at the christians is because they have systematically destroyed all historic records that do not fit in with their world view.

Destroyed? Maybe, but I'd like to have a look at some things hidden in the Vatican archives.  ;)

The fact that only initates have knowledge has always been true

And that's why much "old" knowledge has gone, as soon as the culture/system was gone.
(Also Alan's point is worth considering.)

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »
I think you could accuse any ruling group of that Nick - most, no all, power blocks rewrite history

Sad but true Alan. It is also true that anyone who tried to preserve the old ways were ruthlessly delt with. Those who crave power hate the people to be able to think for themselves.

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »

The fact that only initates have knowledge has always been true

And that's why much "old" knowledge has gone, as soon as the culture/system was gone.
(Also Alan's point is worth considering.)
[/quote]

Rather than face martyrdom, a few “pagans” went underground with their knowledge, often infiltrating  the church itself. Your point about the grand churches is valid Uli because some of the architects just may have been these people. It is no secret that most churches were built on the site of  pagan shrines. The general given reason for this is that the local population would be more ready to frequent the new building if it was sited where their old shrine was, but it is more likely that these sites were situated on places of power, something the church builders (masons) knew. Some pagan symbolism was supposedly incorporated into these old churches and cathedrals. We are getting into Da-Vinci code territory here.  :)
Anyway I am not an expert but I do find it interesting that there just may have been an ancient race who lived in harmony with the earth rather than exploit it, and who’s existence has been erased from history. That some of their monuments still exist to this day is remarkable.  :)

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
..Some pagan symbolism was supposedly incorporated into these old churches and cathedrals.

No 'supposedly' about it. Nearly all old Christian churches and cathedrals have Pagan Gargoyles (the one's water comes out of), Pagan Grotesques (the one's water doesn't come out of), representations of the Pagan 'Greenman' God..and any number of other representations of non-Christian idols, effigies and Gods. You just have to look up and there they are. :)

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
That's true the Christian Church did not wipe out pagen beliefs it often just assimulated them just think of Christmas....

Remember also that history in Britain prior to the visit of the Romans in 54BC (if I remember correctly) is quite limited because the Celts lacked a written language - and in fact the writings of Julius Caesar (also a Pagan of course) gives us our only written testimony I think (although he was not very complimentary.) - so if the Church did re-write history they did not have to try very hard as very little, on those shores at least, was written up....

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
It is no secret that most churches were built on the site of  pagan shrines. The general given reason for this is that the local population would be more ready to frequent the new building if it was sited where their old shrine was, but it is more likely that these sites were situated on places of power, something the church builders (masons) knew.

Yes, quite possibly. We had fun looking at many churches in South France (and we do this here in Germany as well).

Some pagan symbolism was supposedly incorporated into these old churches and cathedrals. We are getting into Da-Vinci code territory here.  :)

"Symbols" are often what people make of them. One thinks the pentagram is a magical sign - then it is for him. Others may think it symbolizes 5 wounds of Christ or Mary Magdalene or Venus...

Leonardo da Vinci painted quite a few "religious" paintings. But I think he wasn't always agreeing with Catholic dogma, so e.g. he was examining dead bodies even if the Church told him not to...

Anyway I am not an expert but I do find it interesting that there just may have been an ancient race who lived in harmony with the earth rather than exploit it, and who’s existence has been erased from history. That some of their monuments still exist to this day is remarkable.  :)

As soon as "power hunger" takes over, humans often exploit the earth or their fellow humans...  :(
But I agree, ancient cultures are often fascinating and I like to look at old buildings, stones, art etc.

Nearly all old Christian churches and cathedrals have Pagan Gargoyles (the one's water comes out of), Pagan Grotesques ...

Indeed, though they're supposed to be "demons" to keep evil spirits away (or something like this). They might have used "Pagan" images for those.

That's true the Christian Church did not wipe out pagen beliefs it often just assimulated them just think of Christmas...

Yeah, just like churches were built on other "holy" places, the old festivities were assimulated too...

Let's not forget though, many of the archeologists we have today grew up in "Christian" churches, schools and Unis. Things did become better with the "Age of Enlightenment".  ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:56:21 AM by Uli »

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
A forthcoming film about the subject.

http://youtu.be/1i8H0GAMaYo