Author Topic: Re-release of March of The Giants  (Read 2348 times)

Offline claret999

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re-release of March of The Giants
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
Wow, can`t think of a more deserving re-release. Out of all TV`s albums this is the one I still play the most.

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
Re: Re-release of March of The Giants
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »
Remastered as well. Great news  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »
Wow, this is certainly "news" to me, especially as TV told back in April that he was uncertain if/when this would happen!

"March Of The Giants," considered by many to be one of the finest collaborations between TV, Tim Cross and Tim Renwick is to finally get a re-release this year. Unavailable since its original pressing in 1992, this classic album is currently being remastered ready to be made available again after the summer on Easy Action records. Watch this space for more details soon...

TV in the interview:
"March Of The Giants" has a really special place in the heart for everyone who worked on it, we knew we had something unique as we were making it. For me it was a massive gamble to make an album like that, but the songs were right for it and the cast of musicians that Tim Cross and I assembled for it all got the idea of where we were heading with it too. It is a real shame that it's not available any more, but unfortunately there are quite a lot of reasons why there are no plans to re-release it at the moment.

Great news that this has changed!  :)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »
hmpf, i just bought the Original Version this year

ok, then i will have it twice  ;D
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
Ha! I bought the original twice. I'll just have to have it three times! After all it is THE greatest album in the wprld ever.

...Although Coming In To Land got pretty dahn close!

Wonderful news!

I wonder if it will be an Ultimate version? That would make it the ultimate ultimate. ;D

26 Jul 12 March Of The Giants
"March Of The Giants," considered by many to be one of the finest collaborations between TV, Tim Cross and Tim Renwick is to finally get a re-release this year. Unavailable since its original pressing in 1992, this classic album is currently being remastered ready to be made available again after the summer on Easy Action records. Watch this space for more details soon...
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight