Author Topic: EARTHBOUND 1 SOUTHWICK 2  (Read 159408 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Superb Customer Service
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2002, 07:40:28 PM »
Thanks Klaus for the TV UK Tour Society section title. :)

Boy are you efficient.  :D

Whilst I'm being cheeky :twisted: What do you think of my  :idea:'s for new sections in the Forum :?:  
Lyrics, See Europe, Top Tips etc. :roll: See original posting.

Do you fancy trying any of them out :?:  

8)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Doctors Of Madness Fans To Southwick
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2002, 07:43:07 PM »
I've posted an invitation to all DOCers to attend Southwick. :)  

Check out www.doctorsof madness.co.uk Discussion Board and help the TUTS Army cause. :P

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline PK

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bidzone.co.uk
    • Email
Moose on the Loose
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2002, 09:58:04 PM »
Hi TJ,

Time to get real here  :!:

Yes the postings here between Klaus,You & Me are getting more personal and straying away from the talk of Tour info and support for TV.
However the problem is that the personal element is what makes the posts more interesting for me and it gives you an insight into how other fans follow TV's music and what it means to them. :)
This is not a "message" board its a "forum" so we discuss things here  :!:
I will try to move some of this,to say,the General Discussion or Chat part of the Forum but what do you do if you get asked a question in the T.U.T.S. section,ignore it or answer it  :?:
Fred is right as well though,I too thought there would be a lot more traffic on the site and I tried to encourage discussion like you but it seems we are now dominating the forum and other people are just happy to read anything we post. Very disapointed with this  :evil:
Of course it could also be that apart from be "reasonably" fanatical about TV's music we find ourselves with job's or time to post as much as we like and other people dont. :?
Anyway seriously considering Fred's notion of staying of the site and letting other people take over the discussion for a while,what do you think TJ  :?:

HOBGOBLIN    :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
HE DODGY CHAUFFEUR RETURNS !!!

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2002, 10:24:58 PM »
Hi PK and TJ,

I installed the new forum to encourage posting.
The forum was supposed to make it more personal to us.
For the few of us regular posters it is working, right?
Why should be stay off the board, when we are using it the way, it is made for?
I think, it's easier to become an active part of something, if there's a lot going on and you don't have to be afraid that your contribution is going to be in the centre of everyones attention.

Klaus
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Life Balance
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2002, 11:55:40 PM »
Hi TVers,

Your comment about available time is interesting PK :twisted: and appropriate as I've taken two days holiday to do some goal mapping and life coaching. Even before tomorrows final plan to get my life in balance, I am sure it will come out that I am spending too many hours per day on this forum. :cry:

In fact tonight I sat down at 9:45p.m. to do two postings about Southwick :arrow: and finish the TV Top 100 over an hour later and I'm still stuck in this vitual reality machine. :roll:

It is eating time up at a massive rate and I just won't be able to keep it up.  :( I think that placing time limits on myself and working through it briefer and faster is the answer. :)  

Maybe this forum is just too good :P

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Latest On Southwick 2x2
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2002, 12:04:23 AM »
Hi TUTS and Klaus,

This is the very latest on Southwick from Atilla The Stockbroker:

"There is a two hour gap between the afternoon and evening sessions at Glastonwick. Richard will be on about 3:30pm,
Tim about 7:45pm.  Seems very unlikely to me that they can play together - but you ask them if you want. Glad you liked the album. See you at Glastonwick!" Attila

"GLASTONWICK 2002 (Southwick 2x2 - Tj)The Seventh Annual Southwick Beer, Music, Poetry and More Beer Festival...
as always  at Southwick Barn Theatre and Community Centre, 24 Southwick Street, Southwick . May 31, June 1 & 2  2002
TIckets £5.50 per session available from April 1st from (01273) 597094 (evenings) or (01273) 592819 (daytimes) or enquiries@southwickcommunitycentre.org.uk
LOTS OF BEER AS ALWAYS - plus.....
THE ENTERTAINMENT compered/ hosted by Southwickıs  own Attila the Stockbroker
Fri night , May 31 (7-11pm)
FISH BROTHERS - Brightonıs Œcodlikeı music hall/punk legends, deservedly headlining at Glastonwick for the first time
PHIL JEAYS - an astonishing, undiscovered talent: the English Jacques Brel. Chansonnier, lyricist, unknown modern cabaret star.  See him and believe it!
THE FOLD -  danceable, uplifting folk - rock

Sat afternoon , June 1 (12 noon - 5pm)
inside:
MIAZMA -  sharp young Brighton indie band
 EASTFIELD - Bouncy dreadlocked punk rock: tell the trainspotters!
DARREN POYZER -  founder of the North Westıs  ŒAcousticaı movement, a perceptive and moving singer-songwriter
RICHARD STRANGE - former Doctors of Madness and Cabaret Futura frontman and actor whose memoirs of an extremely eventful life have just been published by Jonathan Cape. Unusual songs (and a plug for the book we expect!)
 and outside for the kids:
JOHN ROW - for the first time at Glastonwick, a childrenıs storyteller and entertainer. Heıs nuts - and youıll love him!
ROBB JOHNSON - welcoming back the much respected radical folk singer  doing a set of his childrensı songs

Sat evening, June 1 (7-11 pm)
THE SNAKEMEN  PLAY RUTS (THE ENCORE) Last year this Brighton-based band did a one-off gig playing the songs of The Ruts to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Rutsı singer Malcolm Owenıs tragic death. It was packed, absolutely brilliant and deserved to happen once more. So we persuaded them!  
TV SMITH - former Adverts and Explorers front man, now a wonderful singer-songwriter with many fine albums to his credit.  ŒGary Gilmoreıs Eyesı was just the beginning....and yes, he still plays it....
ROBB JOHNSON - in full effect, one of the countryıs few remaining radical voices

Sunday June 2  (12 noon till the beer runs out)
MICK THOMAS - From Melbourne to Glastonwick!  For the first time we welcome one of Australiaıs foremost singer-songwriters, now solo, formerly the creative force behind the brilliant Weddings Parties Anything . Tales from the real Australia: the ideal antidote to ŒNeighbours!ı
SILVERLEAF - WOBıs new band.  Energy, tunes, uplifting attitude from a real friend of Glastonwick
JAMES QUINN - TV actor known to afficianados of the small screen from ŒHollyoaksı and ŒCasualtyı  but, far more importantly,  a  sharp, intelligent and highly entertaining performance poet....
JOHN CRAMPTON - foot stompinı blues from the one man blues machine...

see you there..." Attila

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Postings!!!
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2002, 12:35:59 PM »
Oh well,

I said laying off the site wouldn't work. If other people want to use the site, they will, so let's just do what we want. THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE! Klaus will tell you I resisted change at every step, but now gladly admit I was talking bollocks (as usual).

However, I am worried about Tj - leave your work at home mate - too much training slipping into your postings! I'm being a bit of a hypocrite since I also use TV's work in teaching (see Tj's old postings/reviews) - most recent example - a worksheet on size change in animals in response to temperature change entitled, you've guessed it, The March of the Giants! Other examples, for ecology lectures, The Thin Green Line, etc., etc.

Could always do one on bird behaviour entitled "On the Roof"...

Or

Human evolution "New Boys"

The possibilities are endless...

Off to see DMW tomorrow - yipee!

"Kisses for me, save all your kisses for me."
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company!

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
DMW & TV
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2002, 12:43:49 PM »
Hi Fred,

Have a great gig - don't forget to metion TV if you get the chance. :)

Yeah- your right about bringing my work onto the forum. Trouble is I'm spending miles too long on here. I'm going to put some time restrictions on myself after today and try to stop replying to every posting.  :roll:

It's because my Social Style is Expressive  :roll: Oops I'm off again. :wink:

I'm going to post the Southwick details on the previous posting to yours on General Discussion so no-one misses them.

Hope to send you the chart we did to finish off the original chart today :roll:

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Same Strange Message For Tj
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2002, 03:54:35 PM »
This news was so good I posted it twice!

8)

Hi Strange TVers,

Just received this missive from the Kid. :D  

Looks like the TV and Strange get together is a possibility. :P Fingers definately crossed. :arrow:  

Dear TJ,

sorry not to have got back to you sooner- been away a bit and otherwise preoccupied with the book. Now official release date May 9th.

Looking forward to Southwick. I would love to play with TV but not sure if it will happen.  Hope so though.

I shall also be doing a gig at Hoxton Hall, London on 23rd June.at 8pm.

I am very impressed and flattered by the amount of Strange work you and Klaus have put in on the TV Smith website. Please keep up the good work, I'm rather moved actually.

Have you heard the Live Doctors album yet?

Best wishes Richard

:D  8)   :D

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Strange Start Time
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2002, 08:23:29 PM »
Just checked the Southwick times with Richard and he mentioned 2:00 pm. :cry:

An unfortunate step in the wrong direction.

:( I shal percivere.
:)

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline C5

• Republican
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
    • Email
Addiction
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2002, 10:35:12 PM »
Just glad to see I'm not the only one addicted to the forum!
Work,sleep, forum,channel5
Work,sleep, forum,channel5

Not a bad life really

Cheers

Mr Red Sea
If It isn't invented yet, It will be"

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sleep?
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2002, 02:10:48 AM »
That's weird my reply has vanished :!:

Is it something to do with that missing hour :?:

Work, Forum, Forum.

8)

Tj Sundown

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tickets On Sale Today! Get Yours Now Before They sell Out!
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2002, 07:23:41 AM »
Hi TUTS Explorers.

Tickets are now on sale for the Southwick Glastonwick festival where both TV Smith and Richard Strange are playing :P  

The event is usually sold out fairly early so get yours now!  

Ticket office opens at 9:00am on 2.04.02.

Telephone No.'s:
01273 592819 (9:00am to 3pm)
01273 597094 (7:00pm to 10pm)

See you their Tj

PS: No news on the possible London gig on May 31st - PK (where are you mate?) why don't you see if you can give TV some support with the arrangements  :lol:  

Tj Sundown

Offline PK

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bidzone.co.uk
    • Email
PK Away !!
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2002, 08:52:05 AM »
HI TJ,

Sorry stayed of the forum for a WHOLE THREE DAYS.Who thought a holiday could be so demanding  :!:  :(
Managed to cram in lots of time spent building the new web site,selling CD's at two car boots,DIY,time from the family (a must !) and a visit from my 2 year old neice,IM BLOODY KNACKERED  :!:  :!:

The answer to your question is I have posted a couple of messages saying I was more than happy to take TV down to Southwick like we did for the previous gig.I'm taking time off so can take him Friday,Saturday or Sunday,whatever day he want's. I'm also OK to transport him to any London gig.Remember though that TV may have other plans,but the offers there. He can contact me through Steve (THE FISH)  :P  or the website,its his call,no problem  :!:

Sent of for my tickets so I'm all set for Southwick. Have you heard anything from Know Your Product about the TV T-Shirts (Like that,got a ring to it)  :D
Right,I'm going to view ALL your other messages on the site,are you sure you're only on here two hours a day  :?:  I can't keep up  :!:  :!:

HOBGOBLIN      :twisted:
HE DODGY CHAUFFEUR RETURNS !!!

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tickets Delayed
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2002, 10:39:51 PM »
Hi Explorers & PK,

Tickets delayed by at least a week. :(

PK - sorry mate, I meant help TV arrange the London gig :? Now confused over dates and the Stuart Adamson tribute gig :?

Klaus - :idea: can you change the TUTS header to TV UK Tour Supporters - it's more appropriate. :)

8)

Tj Sundown