Author Topic: I DELETE ( LP2014 )  (Read 20357 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
Re: I DELETE TV's 2014 Album
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
Well it's taken a while, but I now have all the songs on I Delete in my favourite preference order and I've done the same for the separate bonus songs.

On a personal note I LOVE THE SCISSOR SNIPS on Cut Back. A great little tribute to Tim Cross.

Ever wanted the world to swallow you up? That's how I felt when I arrived at Dmit's to give him his copy of I Delete and I'd been playing it in the car and the stereo system wouldn't eject the CD. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhh.
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »
Ever wanted the world to swallow you up? That's how I felt when I arrived at Dmit's to give him his copy of I Delete and I'd been playing it in the car and the stereo system wouldn't eject the CD.

Don't know who Dmit is (sounds a bit like a rapper's name!), but if I were him I'd have asked you to disassemble the car stereo to get the CD out!  ;D

( but most of my posts have just been "Boom! Boom!")

Ok, we'll set your counter back to...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:27:29 PM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2014, 03:08:15 PM »
You can set it to -5000 for all I care! If people are sad enough to worry about how many posts they have, that's between them and their shrink!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
Just joking. I delete.  ;)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »
Boom! Boom!

(See, told you!)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
You got it Uli. Me and Smit attacked the car stereo, and after a few heart stopping moments when we thought we'd smashed the stereo, out popped I Delete. To a joyfull Smit's great delight.

I love you Fred. In fact I even thought about you when I posted this review of I Delete on Amazon...

What do you do when you can't possibly top your last two perfectly produced musical masterpieces?

You go within. To the strength within you.

I Delete is pure TV Smith. The perfect balance of solid production, wise words, infectious catchy tunes and the incredible energy of TV live. In a fake plastic world TV Smith is a persevering pioneer of authenticity, honesty and passion. I trust him totally and he always delivers the goods.

For infectious catchy tunes you canít beat Replay, I Delete and Long Gone. TV Smith is the only vegetarian who could get you singing along to  ďitís meatínígravy on every plate, the latest app, keep up to dateĒ. Cutbacks has been spruced up nicely and thereís even scissors clipping at the start which feels like a homage to the late great Tim Cross. Other favourites that flow along are Home Town, London Hum and First One to Sign Up. For those wanting punk TV thereís Festival of Fools. The album closes with A Step Back, yet TVís latest release feels far more like a step forward. You are left with the feeling that TV Smithís touchstone and constant musical companion is looking down on him with a heartfelt grin from ear to ear.

Speaking of Tim Cross, we get to hear Tim one last time in the new versions of the four songs written by TV for the German play by Dirk Laucke. Listen to the close of The Drink as Cross tickles those ivories with his beautiful flamboyant style. TV knows he canít really improve on the exceptional Dangerous Playground from his recent EP, so instead he strips back The RockíníRoll to a haunting ballad thatís reminiscent of the very best of Mike Peters. 

My favourite CD of the year is on constant Replay.

Tj Sundown

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: I DELETE ( LP2014 )
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »
Well done! I'm going to write one for the German amazon too within the next few days, I hope.  8)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2014, 09:30:03 AM »
New review:
With 'I Delete', TV Smith adopts an electro-acoustic post punk stance; backed by close friends BB Quattro on bass and backing vocals and Vom Ritchie on drum and percussion he takes on main vocal, guitar, and keyboard duties.The album comprises ten brand new offerings and also four bonus tracks previously released as an EP written for the play 'Der Kaite Kuss von warmen Bier' and released last year.

TV Smith is renowned for his charismatic stage show, man and guitar seemingly energised by the rapore he has with his loyal following, a following which hangs on his every word, and rightly so....for this is a man who knows his mind, who can hold his head up high knowing that he is speaking from the heart, and with this record adds further ammunition to an already huge cache of probing strains.
Read more at:
http://www.fatea-records.co.uk/magazine/2014/TVSmith.html

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
I'm going to write one for the German amazon too within the next few days

Done! You can read it here if you want (it's in German...):
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00NLQVH2A/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

I'll try and give you a rough translation:
After the passing of Tim Cross (1995-2012), who'd produced many of TV's albums and additionally worked as a keyboarder and mulit-instrumentalist, it seems TV decided to take "a step back" - while the previous album "CITL" could boast of a spectacular studio production, it is much more reduced here. Only a few keys and effects, the album is dominated by acoustic and electric guitar, both performed by TV himself, who also took over production (mixed by Jon Caffery, who worked with TV already on "Useless" and "Acoustic Session Vol.1"). As on previous albums, Vom Ritchie is on drums, bass player BBQuattro was on "CITL" and the both of them have become a great team. Songs and lyrics are top quality (as we are used to from TV), many benefit from the more "spartanic" instrumentation and BB's melodic backing vocals. Highlights for me: Replay, title song, Long gone, Festival of fools and A Step Back of course. Bonus tracks were recorded for a theatre play in 2012 (different versions from the EP), on those you can hear Tim Cross for one last time with TV...

Anyone registered at amazon.de might of course give me a "helpful" clicking - if you think it's helpful!  ;)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
New video, an acoustic "live in the studio" version of "First One To Sign Up"!  :)
http://youtu.be/UoGA6ir5gJc

Offline Nick

• Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
    • Nick
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2015, 07:25:14 PM »
Another collection of top quality songs from TV, as I expected. Seriously, I know of no other artist who consistently releases such excellent material. Every artist has a dip in quality at some point but TV never has. Tj & Uli has summed it up better than I can with their Amazon reviews.
Thanks TV you never disappoint.  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the album, Nick! And good to hear from you, it's just a few days ago when I thought we hadn't heard from you in a long time!  :)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »
Welcome home Nick.  :)

Doctors of Madness and TV Smith fan e-mailed me this weekend. He dared to say that I Delete was actually even better than the mighty March of The Giants.

Mind you he did share how much he loved In The Arms Of My Enemy and Coming In To Land compared to Miss information Overload (the production didn't quite feel right on that album do I have to agree with him).

I Delete is Pure TV Smith. Is there a better sound on the planet?

...Only if TV featured Urban Blitz on electric violin on his next album. ;) 

Tj Sundown

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
Did you ever realised that the Songs "The Rock'n'Roll" and "The Drink" are mixed up? The Cover say

The Drink
The Rock'n'Roll

on the CD its

The Rock`n`Roll
The Drink

so its a Missprint
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »
on the CD its

The Rock`n`Roll
The Drink

Ah, so that's why it confused me sometimes, when I expected "The Drink" to start playing... and then it wasn't.
But I must admit these are the tracks from the cd I hardly listened to - okay, they're different versions but I knew the songs from the EP too well, thus I mainly listened to the "new" songs!