Author Topic: Cold War II?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Cold War II?
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »
Is a new "cold war" on the horizon or what do you think TUTS?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26444747
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: Cold War II?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
I'm not sure the old one really ended.

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
I think that Putin is seeing how hard he can push before he is forced to back off.

He's a bully and ambitious: a dangerous combination.
Down like a stick...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »
I think my calendar may be broken. It says March 2014, but it feels more like September 1939.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
It says March 2014, but it feels more like September 1939.

Not that 1914 was much better...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »
I would say that the Main problem isnt Putin at all. Its the NATO, Europe and USA. They forced (with a bit help from money and some fascist) the democratic electect government of the urkaine out. Because they wanted to make some contracs with Russia and not with the EU. WIth that they destabilized the whole Ukraine.

They got people in the Ukraine government who wants to "destroy russia and kill all russian" ... and the NATO was already talking about to let the Urkaine join. Russia dont want and need an NATO outpost right in front of their living room. Its not a suprise that it end like this... Putin only reacted to immense provocation from EU,USA and NATO, its all because of money. Seems they have War fever...
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 09:51:23 AM »
Of course, as almost usual, the EU and NATO didn't have a master plan or anything like that (as to what will happen with Ukraine after the "revolution")...  ::)
It's obvious that Russia would not like to see the NATO getting bigger and closer.
Putin seems to be trying to see how far he can go now...
Sadly, as usual, it's the poor people who live there who suffer from all these power games.  :(

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
Personally I am very glad that I do not live in a country bordering Russia; I fear it will be a very cold winter (particularly when they rely on Russian gas)

Clearly the EU / Nato did not do a good job of managing Ukraine / Russia (for Russia read Putin), but I can't agree with Gabumon - the previous Ukraine Government was rotten and corrupt and were deservedly removed from power. The only fascist element in all of this is Putin who wants to recreate earlier Russian empires. Individuals, journalists, punk rock bands, politicians, and countries that oppose him will (& do) feel pain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/ukraine-crisis-bbc-issues-russia-with-formal-complaint-after-news-team-is-beaten-up-on-eastern-ukraine-border-9741100.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:45:06 AM by Alan »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »
Funny how this topic is currently next to the one on the return of the "big fish"!

http://www.tvsmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=7183.0

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 07:41:18 AM »
Another new Putin decree.. yesterday President Putin signed a decree making it illegal to report military casualties from “special operations” during peacetime, in an effort to suppress testimony from soldiers, or their relatives, about fighting and dying in the Ukraine.

The new law appears to be aimed at the stream of accounts from Russians who say that they have lost friends or relatives in Ukraine who were serving members of the armed forces. It comes into effect a week after Russian activists and journalists discovered three graves, allegedly of special forces soldiers killed inside Ukraine.

Yet more news was given to Putin's accusations that the USA are targeting FIFA to get to get to Putin and lose them the World Cup..

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 07:12:50 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-merkel-germany-refugees-unrest-nato-putin-a6915171.html

Russia is trying to oust German chancellor Angela Merkel through a propaganda network aimed at provoking anger over the refugee crisis, according to Nato’s most senior expert on strategic communications.

Nato analysts have reportedly identified these attempts to topple the German leader, who has been a leading advocate of economic sanctions against Vladimir Putin’s regime.

:-\

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
And possibly no Russian involvement in the Olympics...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »
The day we caught the big fish - on camera:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xrygc

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
Not that I agree with everything said in the article, but some good points made...

Of course, it’s not just Clinton involved in arming ‘terrorist groups.’ This has been going on for years and the U.S. has been involved regardless of political side. It’s important to note this is not about calling out one candidate or another, or one political party or another, but about using evidence available to educate people about what’s happening.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/08/04/wikileaks-exposes-hillary-clinton-her-supporters-connection-to-isis-the-war-on-terror/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:04:44 AM by Uli »