Author Topic: QU: How can YOU best help TV Smith the easy way? ANS: Review TV's CD's on Amazon  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
I'm on a roll. This ones for my mate C5...

The Ultimate Thrill. GET IT NOW!

ďItís going to be a huge production, You wonít see the like again. The Ultimate thrill.Ē

The first lines in the first song, Get It Now, says it all. Tim Cross was right, TV has finally created a fitting sequel to my favourite album of all time; March of the Giants. Much like March of the Giants, the production is flawless. Much like March of the Giants, In The Arms of My Enemy is a seven star masterpiece.

From the infectious catchy start with Get It Now, See Through and Together Alone to the pure class of I Wish I Could See Clearly and the spaghetti westernised in The Arms of My Enemy, TV delivers.

Clone Town should be taken up by Totnes, in TVís home county of Devon, as their town anthem. They were recently victorious in fighting back a Costa Coffee big brand takeover. The fight back for true independence starts here.

With Trojan Horse, TV finally achieves the impossible and delivers a new version of an 80ís Demo thatís even better than the stunning original. Check out Sparkle in The Mud to hear the original song hidden amongst a treasure trove of sparkling lost gems. 

Backstage Bob holds a special place in my heart. Itís the story of TV Smithís loyalist ever fan, Dave ĎC5í Allen, the world greatest Channel 5 album fan, who sadly passed away before he could hear this stunning album. ďWhen you hear something you like you have to sing along. Backstage Bob! We miss you. When are you coming back? With your honesty, generosity, the laughter and the craic. Backstage Bob! Youíre the man, I wish I was, but only sometimes am. The heart and soul. You left a hole.Ē

ÖThese days itís more than ďsometimesĒ. TV Smith is true, honest and craiced up high on pure energy.

C5 was working on a Three Timís reunion show in 2007, so itís fitting that the Three Timís (Smith, Renwick and Cross) got together with drummer Vom, to record the first album since C5ís passing. TV and Tim Cross went on to play Earthbound tribute gigs to C5 in Elland Brewery and The Victoria in Derby. Blasting out classics like On Your Video, Backstage Bob and Fire in The Darkness. Close your eyes and imagine the flamboyant Tim Cross, dressed in a bright red suit playing keyboards balanced on beer barrels. Then check it out live on You Tube! I kid you not. By that way, the answer is yes. Tim Cross really did paly keyboards for Mike Oldfield on his Tubular Bells tour.   

As for In The Arms of My Enemy, all I can repeat is GET IT NOW!
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Dianne, the peculiar one!

• Driver Or Passenger?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gotta admit that often, the only way to publicise anything/body nowadays is to get their name out there on the internet.  Sites such as "Ranker" and "Top Ten Lists" (not solely for the top 10!) are a great way of introducing his talent to the masses - it's astounding how popular these lists are - some  ppl clearly have wayyyyyyy too much time on their hands ahemmmm!!!  (Often they're just poor misguided souls that simply need a nudge in the right direction)...anyway, all publicity is good publicity (so "they" say).
Often feel like TV's biggest advocate,  we have published  our opinion on lists such as:
Best lyricist
Punk artist
Punk anthem
Punk legends
Singer/songwriter
Political songs
Punk lyrics (ok, that's an easy win!)
Guitarists
Music documentary (We Who Wait)
Hottest guys in punk (sorry, couldn't help myself)

ad nauseum...
 - for the songs that are included, "Top 10 lists" supply a short sample of the song, where available - "nice to see that they can access all of TV's) so it gives the reader an opportunity to listen to a snippet of the song - a real selling point!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!

...anyway, all publicity is good publicity (so "they" say).

Best lyricist
Punk artist
Punk anthem
Punk legends
Singer/songwriter
Political songs
Punk lyrics (ok, that's an easy win!)
Guitarists
Music documentary (We Who Wait)
Hottest guys in punk (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Wow, thanks for doing all this!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Dianne, the peculiar one!

• Driver Or Passenger?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks,

There's a huge amount of guff on these sites and, depressingly, some of the real class acts are simply not acknowledged.  I despair sometimes at the total rubbish that makes it to the top - there's no accounting for taste eh?!

Offline mr manchester

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
Long time fan, longtime forum lurker, first time poster.

I've posted several Amazon reviews of TV's albums, not all 5 stars. I'm honest and opinionated. I rated Dangerous Playground lower.
The reviews are likely on the US site.

Offline mr manchester

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
I have to reply to my own post to say that only one of my reviews for TVs albums are still on Amazon. I didn't know reviews could disappear!
I wrote an amazing one for Coming into Land, and a good one for Lucky Us too. They've gone and I'll have to rewrite them. Wonder if they'll sound so good second time round.