Author Topic: TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers, The Lexington 23/4/2016  (Read 854 times)

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers, The Lexington 23/4/2016
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
The first band was 'The Weird Things'. They were proficient musicians with a couple of scantily clad female singers. It was basically pop punk with lyrics that didn't move me, choreographed stage moves, a few re-cycled Iggy riffs and a Bowie cover. But they had their own young fans and I'm sure they don't care what I think. Xa liked them but she rarely pays attention to lyrics and just likes 'the groove'.

TV Smith was excellent of course. I never had any doubts.
Due to a reduced time slot of only 35-40 minutes there were no pauses between the songs; each led straight into the next. No time for stage banter tonight.
'The Bored Teenagers' ('Suzy & Los Quattro' sans Suzy obviously) did there usual fine job of playing the music in the original style like they've been doing for nearly 10 years now.
It was all Adverts songs as advertised except they also did 'I Delete' from TV's latest album but even that was done in the style it would have been if it'd been on those first two albums.
He's a 60 year old bloke who puts the present day bored teenagers and 21 year olds to shame with his energy and stage presence.
In the set we got 'No Time To Be 21', 'Safety In Numbers' 'We Who Wait', 'On The Roof', 'Great British Mistake', 'My Place', 'Bombsite Boy', 'Television's Over', 'Bored Teenagers', 'Gary Gilmore's Eyes' and 'One Chord Wonders'.
Even some Pogo-ing broke out. 40 years...pah...could've been 5 minutes.

Unfortunately my wife Xa was a bit 'under the weather' so we left after TV and never got to hear 'Johnny Moped' at all. Went home and watched a documentary on 'The MC5' and I swear there was as much energy at The Lexington last night as there was in those live clips.

Oh. And hello Mr. Fish. Sorry we didn't say goodbye.

Tonight I'm off to Camden to see 'The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing'....my other favourite artists. ;)

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers, The Lexington 23/4/2016
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »
And some clips are already up...

The last song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgKllcMKKA

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers, The Lexington 23/4/2016
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
Great review, thanks!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...