Author Topic: TV Gigs 2015  (Read 68975 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2015
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
Uli - how did the "pants" sneak into the translation? Did they mean "perhaps"?

I can only imagine it originated from "Die Toten Hosen"? Hosen = trousers or pants?  ???
That part of the translation is really strange...
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Tj

• The Servant
    • View Profile
    • True  Results - People Change for Good
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2015, 04:12:59 PM »
Good to see TV Smith is coming back to Leeds in November.

Thus time it's with The Bored Teenagers.

If The Library is where I think it is, it's the old Feast and Firkin pub where Dave Sanders of Elland (now at GreyHawk) started his brewing career. The World Just Got Smaller Again. :)
"Deep inside you know it's right to lean towards the light"

Tj Sundown
Leaning towards the Starlight

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »
Great gig at the Boar's Head in Kidderminster last night at a new venue (both pub & town) for TV. Nice friendly place although I couldn't figure out what the "Pirates of the Caribbean" decor had to do with the pub's name. Perhaps it's a local thing although I didn't see many galleons on the river Stour! Perhaps next time, we'll get the whole of "Crossing the seven (red) Seas!
Till then, we were treated to a 33 song set including (as well as the usual suspects) some rarer live outings such as "Haves and the Have Nots", "The Servant", "The Beautiful Bomb" and "Fire In The Darkness".

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »
Till then, we were treated to a 33 song set including (as well as the usual suspects) some rarer live outings such as "Haves and the Have Nots", "The Servant", "The Beautiful Bomb" and "Fire In The Darkness".

Thanks, sounds like a good gig!  8)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »
So, Mrs Taff fancied a trip to Hampton Court Palace...  which nicely tied in with a visit to Kingston Upon Thames..  And a bonus was seeing Stones Heroes and The Morgellons for the 1st time..

I had deliberately avoided links to Stone Heroes stuff as I wanted to hear them live first and.  (and I am not beiing "lickety-spit" to Mr Fleagle) what an excellent band they are.  A 35 minute set was well received by a healthy audience, the sound was just about right, despite Mrs Taff sitting right by the speakers!!.  The chance to purchase their 2 EP's and a T Shirt did not go amiss either.
The Morgellons did a 30 minute set, which was also very good, especially for a first-timer like me..

Our man Smith came on stage at a couple of minutes to 10 and produced the usual great set, this time of 20 songs, mainly due a 11pm curfew.

Flavour, 21, Replay, CTIL, 3rd Term, Cutbacks, Future, Wait, Lion, Delete, Expensive, Have & Have nots (1st live hearing for me), Imm Rich, GBM, Gen Y, String, GGE, BT, OCW and an encore of RTD (despite Fleags not being available for a Conga (he was manning the Merch!!)

Nice to meet Sylvia (Haas) at the gig, she recognised  me from EB2011 in Essen, when I was roadie for Vom's cymbals as they raced acrossed the stage, persued by a "drumming monkey"....  Steve The Fish was in attendance as was (of course) Mrs Fleagle.

Also, I was asked by another young lady if I was "an original-punk" as she liked hearing stories of the "old-days"!!!!  Turned out she is Andy Tracey's (TRB, Faithless etc) "other-half.

Anyhow an excellent evening  and  even Hampton Court wasn't bad..  despite being there for almost 6 hours.....
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »
Oh yes,  forgot to give a mention to the news about BB Quatro, lets hope he is "up & about" very soon...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
Thanks for the review!  8)
And for saving us from becoming the Adam Ant Forum!  ;)

Anyhow an excellent evening  and  even Hampton Court wasn't bad..  despite being there for almost 6 hours.....

I liked it, been there in 2012.

I didn't even remember there were TV & BT shows planned when I first heard about BBQ (he's on the mend, but has to stay in his hospital bed for a bit).
Here's TV announcement from FB:
Some of you following me on Facebook may already know that my good friend, and bass player for the Bored Teenagers, Jonathan "BB Quattro" was rushed into hospital over the weekend to have emergency surgery to treat an intestinal perforation and to have his appendix removed. The operation went well and he is doing fine but has to stay in hospital for the foreseeable future so obviously this means that the band are unable to come to Germany for the planned gigs this week. And now the good news...I've agreed with all the venues involved to come over anyway to play the gigs solo - and for the first of them in Duisburg I'll even be joined by my old mate Vom Ritchie for a rare TVOM! show. So here's the full list, hope to see you there! Wed 29/4 DUISBURG - Steinbruch (TV Smith & Vom Ritchie) Early show - on stage 20:30! Thu 30/4 BREMEN - Lila Eule (TV solo). Fri 1/5 HELIGOLAND - Rock'n'Roll Butterfahrt festival (TV solo - I hope to bring the band back for next year!). Sat 2/5 CUXHAVEN - Musikbar Franzler (TV solo). Sun 3/5 ESSEN - Anyway (this was always planned as a solo gig and still is!) VERY EARLY show because it's Sunday. Doors 17:00, on stage 18:00!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:22:25 PM by Uli »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Poor old Jonathan. Get well soon matey!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 09:09:26 AM »
Thanks to FB invitation, I found out there's going to be a TV gig in Augsburg, Haifischbar on June 6th!  8)
Looks like I finally have an idea where to celebrate my 50th TV gig?  :)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2015, 10:25:36 AM »
Review in German:
http://konzerttagebuch.blogspot.de/2015/04/tv-smith-duisburg-steinbruch-2942015.html
Includes 2 videos (one titled "the lion and the lamp"...  ::) )

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 11:42:03 PM »
I need to put in Setlist i know, on the weekend i hope i have some time for that
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Ilove

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2015, 06:33:09 PM »
Caveau in Mainz, 28.Mai 2015, was für eine Nacht und was für ein grandioser Musiker! :-)

Hier die Setlist fürs Archiv:

1.    Not A Bad Day
2.    March Of The Giants
3.    Only One Flavour
4.    First One to Sign Up
5.    Clone Town
6.    No Time to be 21
7.    Coming in to Land
8.    Replay
9.    The Lion and the Lamp
10.    Useless
11.   I Delete
12.    Expensive Being Poor
13.   Immortal Rich
14.    Happy Homeland
15.    Generation Y
16.    Your Ticket Out of Here
17.    What If?
18.    The Future Used to be better
19.   Roll Like a River
20.    Pushed Again
21.    The Day We Caught The Big Fish
22.    Get Ready For the Axe to Drop
23.    My String Will Snap
24.    In the Arms of my Enemy
25.    Gary Gilmore's Eyes
26.    Bored Teenagers
27.    One Chord Wonders
28.    Gather Your Things and Go
29.    Great British Mistake
30.    Daydreaming
31.   Runnaway Train Driver

Grüße
Ilona

Who the fuck is Elvis?

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2015, 08:32:54 AM »
Hier die Setlist

Danke! Hoffe ich schaff's nach Augsburg!  :)

Offline mmeike

• Bored Teenager
    • MSN Messenger - mmeike@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
Hi,
is anyone in Düsseldorf for the Gig tonight and might can save 2 places for us? We're driving there from Karlsruhe, but might arrive later than planned due to work trouble at my friends place and the venue does not reserve tickets :(
Don't fancy driving the long way there and then not getting in...
"And if our castle should come tumbling down
we fix it up again somehow
We can do anything..."

Offline TV

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
It's free entry so will be difficult to reserve places! Hope you manage to squeeze in...think I'll be on stage quite early.