Author Topic: TV Gigs 2015  (Read 61841 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2015
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 09:32:33 AM »
Nice comment about Klaus!  ;D  ;)  :D

... often the secret gigs end in the archive later  :P

I hate secret gigs (unless I'm invited of course).  ::)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
i never was on a private gig too, but i can life with that  :P

According to the Anyway Staff Essen is Sold out. I have the last ticket :p
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:21:17 PM by Gabumon »
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline harley43

• New Discoverer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2015, 09:31:45 PM »
Regarding TV Smith's appearance at Riverside Rebellion in Middlesbrough in December there have been some changes to the line-up.   TV is due on stage around 9.30pm for a 50 minute set    -    https://www.facebook.com/events/491535824322180/

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2015, 08:21:40 PM »
Got to go to the Maidstone gig in a couple of Saturdays time. Not managed a single TV gig this year and if I don't do this one, I'm unlikely to get to another before 2016.

And that's not going to happen!!
Down like a stick...

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
Great gig in Scarborough on friday. Dodgy lookingworking men's club turned out to be agood venue.Joe Solo, who supported, was excellent too. Apparently The Adverts played Scarborough Penthouse back in 77 but TV had no recollection of that, so as far as he was concerned this was his first gig in Scarborough. Hopefully not the last. Good to see TJ again and said hi to Alan Grundy too.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Thanks for reporting!

Good to see TJ again

Now I wish Tj would review the gig(s) too. Posting "it was great" on FB is just not enough.  ::)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »
Clearly a man of few...
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
Clearly a man of few...

It was a general example, I don't even know if Tj commented recently on any gigs. (He's got not one but 2 profiles, but I hardly ever find any "news" from those...)

Offline claret999

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
Great gig last night at The Victoria Inn at Lostock Hall, which is really a large village on the outskirts of Preston so I was not expecting many people there (and neither was TV) so it was a pleasant surprise to find that by the time TV came on at 10 pm the place was  packed out  with a really enthusiastic crowd ! All the usual songs were there with a mix of Adverts/solo stuff with the crowd lapping up every song. He also played Shipwrecked (On the rocks of love) from the early 80`s demo`s which I`ve never heard him do live before. I thought the set was over when he played GGY and One chord Wonders but the Audience just wouldn`t let him go and he did two more , one of them was Happy Homeland, another I don`t think I`ve heard him do live before. All in all about 1-45 mins with a really good mix of young and old(er) loving every minute. It`s always great at a TV Smith gig to hear a couple of lads in their mid 20`s talking in between numbers and saying "hell this guy`s brilliant".
Just a word about Deadwood Dog the support band (Who I think invited TV to play the gig) , I`ve seen them twice now and they too are great to watch, can`t put them into a music catagory as one of them plays a Greek Bouzouki and they play different songs in different styles but they did play a stunning version of the OMD song "Electricity". Roll on November at Leeds Library.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »
Thanks for a nice review. Always good when TV plays some "rarities"!  8)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »
Great gig in Scarborough on friday. Dodgy lookingworking men's club turned out to be agood venue.Joe Solo, who supported, was excellent too. Apparently The Adverts played Scarborough Penthouse back in 77 but TV had no recollection of that, so as far as he was concerned this was his first gig in Scarborough. Hopefully not the last. Good to see TJ again and said hi to Alan Grundy too.

Tomorrow in 1977, the Adverts were on at the Penthouse, Scarborough.  So that is September 23rd.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »
Saturday, 26th September 2015.  The Flowerpot, Maidstone.

Duly arrived with Mrs T at this great pub just off the centre of Maidstone.  The aforesaid Mrs T spotted an empty table and was off like a cruise missile (get it?) and staked her claim, she was set for the evening now!!

There were 2 supports, the first did a 20 minute set and let's just say had a go..  Even with a set list and lyrics, he did not know the names of 3 of his 4 songs, his 4th was  a cover, which I am glad he told us, as I hadn't heard that one either. One saving grace was that he stayed for TV's set and chatted after.

Next up was a girl singer/guitarist with a double-bass player.  Sounded like a "Lily Allen" clone, she did a 45 min set....

TV was ready to go at 22.30 and with a curfew at 23.30 produced a good mix of his songs, 20 in all, a good sized crowd 50 ish were very well entertained.

Flavour, Delete, 21, Replay, CITL, Saved my life, Lion, Tommy, Warming up, Complaints, Expensive, Weak Glue, Homeland, Imm Rich, GBM, Gen Y, Good Times, GGE, BT, OCW

An excellent evening all round.  TV, Wales winning the egg and Millwall winning so Shane & Mrs Shane were happy!!!!!

I should have also mentioned the shameless plug for http://www.brookguitars.com/index.html,  after Replay.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:10:48 AM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »
What he said, minus the egg-winning  :)
Down like a stick...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
And so, it is time for TV Smith to entertain as only he can. I saw his Adverts set at Rebellion, but missed the acoustic set, so I’d been looking forward to tonight and wasn’t disappointed. TV has a wealth of solo material to draw on, so we are treated to newer classics (to me) like ‘I Delete’ and ‘Expensive Being Poor’, with an intimate chat between songs. Encouraging us to dig deep for funds tonight, his songs hit the right balance of political conscience and social awareness. There’s no preaching or heavy handed ideology, just a man with a guitar and a desire to connect.
Read more at:
http://louderthanwar.com/shall-overcome-featuring-tv-smith-astronauts-fishwifes-broadside-live-review/

Offline fleagle

• Cast Of Thousands
  • you will never know who you really are
    • MSN Messenger - info@stagefrite.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • stagefrite - keepin it live!
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »
anybody going to Derby?
I got some presents for you boo-boo