Author Topic: New moderator: welcome!  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
New moderator: welcome!
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »
Without any announcement, Klaus had made Rockula a new moderator!
Welcome to the team!  :)

We can indeed use help to delete all the spam away.
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
Re: New moderator: welcome!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:28:04 PM »
I've been deleting the Spam but is there anyway I can block them permanently?

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:10:26 AM »
Bloody hell... SPAM...
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
Spam, Spam, Spam...

I don't like SPAM (ssh dear your causing a fuss)..

Which reminds me Spamalot next month.....
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
I've been deleting the Spam but is there anyway I can block them permanently?

I think some systems are more vulnerable than others. Not knowing how to block it, I looked up different spam blocking sites on the net but most seem to need you to change the site over to their system for the blocking to work.

I'm no expert. Sorry  :)
Down like a stick...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
Also, I've noticed that of the dozen or so 'Users' currently on the site, I'm the only real person. The rest are spammers.

Probably the only way to keep them out is a change of site management to a provider that gives better security questions, like the one that asks you to copy the words and numbers in a box on the screen. Or one that needs personal authorisation from someone with Mod powers  before a new member can post. That way, spammers with names like cylifax1476 or similar get knocked back at the first hurdle. Mind you...that would probably have meant that we'd never have gotten the wise words of Claret999 past the security. Sounds like a site for winos!! :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:52:12 AM by slaughterboy »
Down like a stick...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
Or one that needs personal authorisation from someone with Mod powers...

No to Mod powers - this is a punk-based site!

Sounds like a site for winos!! :D

Sounds LIKE a site for winos?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:29:31 PM by Fred21 »

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 05:26:06 PM »
Or one that needs personal authorisation from someone with Mod powers...

No to Mod powers - this is punk-based site!

"You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are the, you are the, you are the Mods" (repeat until boredom/sleep overcomes you)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:21:37 AM by Uli »
Down like a stick...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »
Sounds like a site for winos!! :D

Sounds LIKE a site for winos?

Ah...my bad  :o
Down like a stick...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:00:26 PM »
All true!

Uli and Ken:

(Deep breath)

You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods!  You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods!You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods! You are the Mods, you are the Mods, you are, you are, you are the Mods!     

...and we love ya for it! 

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »
Probably the only way to keep them out is a change of site management to a provider that gives better security questions, like the one that asks you to copy the words and numbers in a box on the screen. Or one that needs personal authorisation from someone with Mod powers  before a new member can post.

That was the plan - even with the "old" forum... but it didn't really work in that way.  :(
Let's hope Klaus can get it fixed!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...