Author Topic: TV & Charge 69  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
TV & Charge 69
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
Don't remember seeing this mentioned. TV is one of the guest vocalists on the new album by French punk band Charge 69 (Much More Than Music Volume 1). Other guests include Matt Dangerfield, Arturo Bassick, Campino, Charlie Harper etc. and the album is produced by Jon Caffery.
"CHARGE 69, the revered French 3-piece punk rock band are set to release a fabulous and fascinating new ‘Best Of’ record with a quite brilliant twist. Featuring 10 punk luminaries singing the band’s own songs, not in French, as per the originals, but in English. This really is a superb ‘Best Of’ collection with a difference, fully deserving of its title: ‘Much More Than Music’."
It's available (in the UK) through
http://timematterrecordings.bigcartel.com/
I'm not sure how much input TV has had - choice of song, translation from the original french version (the only song I can find with a similar title is "Le paradis des vendus" which translates as paradise sold) but it certainly sounds like something he could have written.
It's available on CD or vinyl and my CD (less than a tenner) arrived in a couple of days. Well worth checking out.

Offline TV

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
Re: TV & Charge 69
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:14:43 AM »
I did a re-write of "Paradis des Vendus" working with the lyrical themes of the original, and also wrote a complete new lyric and vocal melody for the song Campino sings, "Uniform." Worked out pretty good I think!

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:07:43 AM »
It certainly worked out well!
Thanks for the extra details.

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »
Track 1: Phoney Paradise (with TV Smith).

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:18:45 PM »
Small article and interview about this in the latest 'Vive Le Rock'.