Author Topic: TV Gigs 2016  (Read 21703 times)

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2016
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
True, very true.

Here's (almost) a review, of last night from the bloke that made me look small, talked through all the acts and kept barging to the bar as he got steadily more pissed:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/8203-tv-smith-louise-distras-and-static-kill-at-foremans-bar-nottingham-review/story-29815048-detail/story.html

What do you mean he could have written this without even being there? He practically wasn't!

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2016, 02:55:34 PM »
True, very true.

Here's (almost) a review, of last night from the bloke that made me look small, talked through all the acts and kept barging to the bar as he got steadily more pissed:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/8203-tv-smith-louise-distras-and-static-kill-at-foremans-bar-nottingham-review/story-29815048-detail/story.html

What do you mean he could have written this without even being there? He practically wasn't!

A review should be a proper review..  Harrumph!!
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »
I agree - but at least he got the bit about Gaye ripping off Louise's look right!

Knob.

Offline Alan Grundy

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »

Glad it wasn't just me that our intrepid reporter pissed off! What amused me most was that when Louise started some live internet broadcast thingy he paid that more attention on his phone than he had to her set.
Yes, great show from TV (& Louise) and good to met up with you again and Class of 79 (for the first time).

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
Cheers Class - I will be back

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Sounds a bit threatening!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2016, 10:06:18 PM »
My mate just sent me this from Foremans:

"Thanks to Tim Smith and Louise Distras for making Sunday a memorable night, brilliant sets by both. I can only apologise for the 1% of idiots that spoke consistently during the sets. Even after Louise politely asked for them to be quiet they continued. Well our message to you is people don't pay good money to listen to your inane conversations. You are not welcome in Foremans if you are going to wreck other peoples enjoyment of the night. So I suggest you fuck off to another bar where you can discuss your own self importance all night long.

Rant over."

That "reviewer" was the loudest offender by far!

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »
Actually, since there were only about 50 people there and 1% of people kept talking during the acts, that makes him an official half-wit!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2016, 10:24:59 AM »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2016, 12:28:35 PM »
Ooh! I wonder if Tim and Leigh will be grabbed by the ghoulies!

Hope the setlist includes Ghosts, Headhunters, Your Haunted Heart, The Ghost of Westminster, etc., etc.

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »
So another round of Wales football was in the offing in Cardiff on Saturday and lo & behold our songsmith was playing in Reading on the Friday night..  so it was churlish not to arrange something...

Or hotel had entitled us to free drinkies and canapes in the "Club Lounge" before we left for the venue, so dear readers, 2 bottles of Rose were duly quaffed (there were 2 of us!!, before any suggests that I am a piss-head)..  and off we went (with a trumpety-trump) to the Queens Arms.   Shock horror!!! NO real ale on tap, only bottles of Fursty Ferret and then only 4 bottles..  I mean how is a growing lad supposed to survive!!!.

There were 3 supports on, the first being an excellent outfit called The Rumpo Kidz who were a 12 piece..  12, I kid you not and they played various instrument including washboard, jugs and generally had a good time with a variety of tunes ranging from Bankrobber to, Chip Shop Elvis.. all very sing-alongable too.  They did a 35 mins set before giving way to Seasons in Shorthand and then Bear Woods, both of whom were "solo's"

TV began his set just after 1030 to a crowd of about 50 and we bounced and sang along to:---

Flavour, Keys, 21, Safety, We stand alone, CITL, Replay, Delete, Lion, No Hope Street, Expensive, Imm Rich, GBM, Gen Y, No Control, String, Open up, My Place, TV Over, What if, Arms, GGE, BT, OCW, Good Times and RTD  70ish minutes in total then a brief stop at the merch for the new book suitably endorsed....   Yet another excellent night on the grand tour..

Saturday saw a drive to South Wales for footy in Newport (1300hrs Kick-off) and then Wales V Serbia (1945)..  Well at least neither of my sides here were defeated...

Due to me messing up my gig-list, and claiming 2 gigs in Paderborn...  Friday was my 49th..  looks like 50 will have to wait until next year..   A couple in mind.....

Until then dear readers......
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:43:13 PM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
Thank you for review & setlist!  8)

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2016, 12:40:53 AM »
Since when TV have a new Guitar?

Nice Set in Düsseldorf, it was planed to Play without Vom, because he was busy with Recording with a Small Band named "Die Toten Hosen" but he still found time to be at this gig. So TV played first Solo a few Songs, all new, including No Control, and Sunny Side Up. (Setlist ist in the Archives)

Then a short Set with Vom and for the next Batch of Songs Thomas Schneider also joined. Was a great gig. And it seems there are nearly Enough Songs for a new Album

Written Out         
Green Zone    
Keys to the World         
No Hope Street         
Satelites
We Stand Alone         
Never again Until the Next Time         
Land of the Overdose         
No Control
Sunny Side Up
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2016, 11:14:11 AM »
Thanks for review & setlist!  8)
Since when TV have a new Guitar?

You're not on Facebook, I guess?
Tim announced there:
The new guitar and I are about to head off to Germany for a gig at the Hannebambel in Aschaffenburg tonight, then at the Pitcher in Düsseldorf tomorrow. Not many tickets left for the Pitcher, and as always the gig there starts around 8:30, so come early if you want to be sure of getting in.

@TV fans: I don't have the time to share each and every bit of news (from Facebook or elsewhere), although I do try. ;) Thus, unless you want this forum to die, share these news & reviews & thoughts!

German review:
http://konzerttagebuch.blogspot.de/2016/11/tv-smith-duesseldorf-pitcher-26112016.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:16:33 AM by Uli »

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2016, 05:00:24 PM »
Nope, no Facebook here.

TV with a new guitar was a bit weird to see, when i remember the accident back in 2009
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D