Author Topic: TUTS Meeting - Earthbound - Germany, Paderborn May 2016?  (Read 13532 times)

Offline Klaus

• Administrator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 47852913
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tvsmith.com
    • Email
Re: TUTS Meeting - Earthbound - Germany, Paderborn May 2016?
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »
The British TUTs are on their way
To Paderborn, this very day*
A subvertive raid to Simse's place
If we find it, that will be ace
Two cracking evenings. will no doubt ensue
Then wait until Monday for Phil's detailed revue**

(available for functions etc.etc...)

*  Ok, Slaughter boy is leaving on Friday, but it didn't scan
**  Not THAT detailed!!!!, what goes on on tour, stays on tour!!!

See you soon!  :D
"And if our castle should come tumbling down - We'll fix it up again somehow
We can do anything - That' the wonderful thing...

Carrying On"

Offline Alan

• The Newshound
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »
Please Phil just make it a review and not a revue....

(A revue being a type of multi-act popular theatrical entertainment that combines music, dance and sketches. The revue has its roots in 19th century popular entertainment and melodrama but grew into a substantial cultural presence of its own during its golden years from 1916 to 1932.)

Not sure if I am ready for Phil's dance routines...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2016, 09:02:18 PM »
Please Phil just make it a review and not a revue....

Not sure if I am ready for Phil's dance routines...

I'll have me camera ready just in case Phil's notorious interpretations of The Macarena, Gagnam Style or, most horrifyingly, The Bump, are put through their paces ;)
Down like a stick...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »
Just booked in to hotel.

Need a drink!
Down like a stick...

Offline EastKentTaff

• Great Explorer
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2016, 05:01:12 PM »
Ok then, by (popular) request, my review (revue) of the weekend..  Well Day 1 at least..

Arrived in Paderborn to find that it was "twinned" with Le Mans and Bolton!!..  Surely things could not get worse!!!

A short drive to Bad Wunnenburg from Paderborn took only about 25 minutes, it then took nigh on 45 minutes to actually find Simse's house..  Despite asking in a Petrol Station, a Pizza Take-away and a Kebab-house..  at least the later pointed me in the general direction and after finding a "landmark" it was simple from there.

It was good to the that 99% of the british contingent already there..  Slaughterboy had his own troubles with his taxi-driver...

Superb hosting by Simse & Juergen, with much liquid being comsumed (the orange juice was excellent - designated driver and all that!!) and so on to the event...

Earthbound, I know what you want, Open Up, EuroDisney, Wedding Dress, Luxury in Exile, Have & Have nots, Clone Town, More than this, Identity, Written Out, Green Zone, Keys to the world, No Hope street, Satelites, We stand alone, Never again until the next time, Land of the overdose, Roll like a river, Carrying on, Thin green line, Complaints, Dangerous playground, Statue of Liberty, Bombsite, RTD.

90 minutes (ish) of top quality entertainment..  The drive back to Paderborn was easy, only the expected 25 minutes!!!

The Saturday saw a lovely walk around town, very hot!!! and just a couple of beers to help...

The afternoon got better with Brighton losing!!, but then it got worse...  (suspense!!!!)

After getting changed into the evening garb..  bang, I was looking at some fine German porcelain!!! and that was me done, the damn German sunshine did me up like a good 'un... I suppose that now makes me even with Alan now!!

A night in a dark room, with water saw me fit enough to drive back to Dusseldorf on the Sunday and the flight home...

You can't say that Earthbound's are not eventfull!!  heres to the next one.
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
Slaughterboy had his own troubles with his taxi-driver...

Ordered a taxi from the hotel. Soon afterwards, a very large taxi driver arrived.

His English amounted to zero, which made my 6 words of German look positively encyclopaedic.

I'd written Simse's address on a piece of paper. My navigator for the evening studied it disappointedly. He walked to the boot of the car whilst shooing me ("Dar! Dar!!") towards the front of the car. Eventually he got into the car and started to assemble a Sat Nav.

"Bad Wunnerberg" he growled, like a prisoner on Death Row upon being informed that his pre-execution steak had been removed from the menu.

"Wo kommst du?" he idly chit-chatted. I told him.

"England??Wo?!!! obviously annoyed at me replying with what was obvious to him.

'London'

"London ist scheisse!" he charmingly reported.

Anyway...he entered the details of Simse's address into the Sat Nav which reported that it was a 35 minute journey. So...off we went.

50 minutes later, things were clearly not going the way Ralf (we'd gotten personal by then) had hoped.

"Bad Wunnerberg ist scheisse!!" he grumbled. Then, in the middle of nowhere,  he pulled the car over and
headed once again towards the boot of the car. Wondering if he'd gone to fetch a gun to end his misery, I began to think that I might miss Earthbound after all.

He returned with a map.

20 minutes later, among much cursing, we arrived.

The fare was €68.30. I gave him 80.

Scheisse!!  >:(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:58:16 PM by slaughterboy »
Down like a stick...

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »
Day 2:

Breakfasted in Paderborn, sitting outside a big restaurant in the town centre. Then went walking through the little parks, alongside the rivers, past some little food markets, looked at the old churches...until such time as I could take no more and repaired to a downstairs bar to escape the heat, watch football and drink beer.

Several hours and many, many other beers later...

Wandered up to the evening's venue. Didn't take long for Fleags to find me and drag me along to where everyone else was waiting, which was a strangely unoccupied beer garden just outside of the venue, where more beer, banter and pizza was on offer.

The venue was the local 'Culture Centre', a purpose built, no - frills modern building with a nice sized stage. Soon it was TV time.

When he started, there were just us TUTS and a few others but by the time he thrashed out the encore, the place was rocking and heaving with fans. Spotted a guy with a haircut that you'd swear you'd not seen since Max Wall and no eyebrows doing some 'interpretive dance' at the front - cleverly spotted by Diane (the Peculiar One) as being a Klaus Noomi lookie likee - but, otherwise, a fairly regular crowd.

Tim addressed the crowd in customary manner of mixture of German and English language, then kicked off.

Set list : (think I got them all!)

Not In My Name
Replay
CITL
I Delete
Lion & The Lamb
Clone Town
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
GBM
Generation Y
Pushed Again
My String Will Snap
In The Arms Of My Enemy
GG
OCW
BT
Runaway Train Driver

Wunderbar:)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:28:06 PM by slaughterboy »
Down like a stick...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2016, 09:00:19 AM »
Thanks for your wonderful & funny reports!  8)
(Yes, Phil, I was going to say "it's Monday", but I didn't find much time to post... I did read it in the evening though.)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2016, 09:05:17 PM »
Sounds like I didn't miss much by staying home feeling crap in the pissing rain...

...NOT!

Thanks for the reports guys and glad it was such a good weekend.

Offline Dianne, the peculiar one!

• Driver Or Passenger?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »
Met so many really great people, the hospitality and friendliness was just fantastic. 
Thank you Simone + Jürgen for opening up your lovely home to all and sundry for this first-rate event!!
Very grateful for the lifts to and from...(and so very grateful for Marco's punk pants, distinguishing him from the crowd at the bus station.  Can only imagine Simone must've been sent by a higher power to rescue us from the hell of public transport)
TV was, as usual, totally superb.  It was an absolute privilege just to be there, let alone to hear unheard material (and his cover of Identity).
Saturday night at Alte Schule Rockt Festival - it was a travesty that Tim wasn't headlining, nevertheless it was another exceptional night (apologies to TV for any off-putting squawking (again)) can't seem to help myself!
Many thanks also to Klaus, without whom all of this would not have been possible (ok, this is starting to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech...except that my sentiments are genuine!) Hope to see some of you guys at future gigs, it was a delight.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
Thanks for another great report!

Really sad I couldn't go, but I had a challenging time at the job - an "inspection" by a governmental department, which of course made me nervous... and took me some time to prepare everything for it.  :o
Now it's done and everything is okay. So I can get back to work without being nervous. But it was unfortunate timing with the EB event, which makes me sad.  :'(
At least there's some TV gigs to look forward to in July.  8)

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:56 AM »
Thank you very much!!  8)

Offline Rockula

• Global Moderator
  • Cast Of Thousands
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
Cheers..  ;D