Author Topic: TV Gigs 2017  (Read 47844 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2017
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »
Things are looking good for Karlsruhe, most work is done for this week, so I hope to drive off early enough tomorrow and avoid the heavy traffic, haven't seen TV & BT for a while, so should be great fun!  8)
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:18 PM »
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
Very short version: went to Karlsruhe to watch tv with bored teenagers playing useless album.  ;)  ;D

Short version: great fun this day, with some stops doing sightseeing, then met many nice TUTS and enjoyed a great gig by TV and BT!  8)

Long version: start the drive in the afternoon, usual traffic jam(s) around Stuttgart, leave the Autobahn and drive to Maulbronn (old mediaeval monastery, a world heritage site), very nice there, then back towards Pforzheim and into the "Black Forest" region, where I find the ruins of a cloister (not as old as Maulbronn though). Incredible what you can see when you take half a day off!! Still some time left when I arrive near the "Alte Hackerei", so I walk a bit into town and grab something to eat (Falafel with veg). When I walk into the venue, I see Uwe (who does the TV gigs in Horb-Muehringen) + mate. Then near the merch desk I find Ilona + Wolfgang, but who's that with them? It's Klaus, our dear Admin & webmaster!!  :o He's kept it a secret, to surprise us, nice one! Later Tim comes as well, so we have some kind of a TUTS meeting here.  8)
We chat the time away waiting for the band to start (Tim disappeared backstage in the meantime), finally around 10.30 they're ready to enter the stage. They start with "One Chord Wonders" & "Only One Flavour", in fact what follows is the whole of the "Useless" album, all of it performed surprisingly close to the album versions (keep in mind DTH have 2 guitarists plus TV on acoustic, while the BT only have one)! Great band these "Bored Teenagers"! In fact they "forget" to perform the title track of the album, which is the first song of the encore(s)! Then these songs follow: No Time To Be 21, Tomahawk Cruise, Replay, I Delete, Good Times Are Back, My Place, Television's Over, Great British Mistake, Back from the dead, Bombsite Boy.
The small club is very full, the lively audience asks them back for 3 encores in all. Great gig, full of energy, very loud (good thing I got earplugs on me), with a few surprises in the setlist! (Tomahawk Cruise & My Place most surprising for me. And they sound crisply good!)
Afterwards I chat with the TUTS again plus the merch guy (who's been employed by the band to do this and the driving - tells me he's been "on the road" before with TV & UK Subs), later Jonathan joins us too! :) I use the opportunity to buy the new Suzy & los Quattro cd and a TV & BT t-shirt.
Before it gets way too late, I decide to drive home, where I arrive about 2am after a loong day/night...  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:16:12 PM by Uli »

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
One of my photos, not the best quality when I do "live shots", but hopefully can show the atmosphere of the gig a little bit...

Still a bored teenager, 40 years later!

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »
Very short version: went to Karlsruhe to watch tv with bored teenagers playing useless album.  ;)  ;D

Short version: great fun this day, with some stops doing sightseeing, then met many nice TUTS and enjoyed a great gig by TV and BT!  8)

Long version: start the drive in the afternoon, usual traffic jam(s) around Stuttgart, leave the Autobahn and drive to Maulbronn (old mediaeval monastery, a world heritage site), very nice there, then back towards Pforzheim and into the "Black Forest" region, where I find the ruins of a cloister (not as old as Maulbronn though). Incredible what you can see when you take half a day off!! Still some time left when I arrive near the "Alte Hackerei", so I walk a bit into town and grab something to eat (Falafel with veg). When I walk into the venue, I see Uwe (who does the TV gigs in Horb-Muehringen) + mate. Then near the merch desk I find Ilona + Wolfgang, but who's that with them? It's Klaus, our dear Admin & webmaster!!  :o He's kept it a secret, to surprise us, nice one! Later Tim comes as well, so we have some kind of a TUTS meeting here.  8)
We chat the time away waiting for the band to start (Tim disappeared backstage in the meantime), finally around 10.30 they're ready to enter the stage. They start with "One Chord Wonders" & "Only One Flavour", in fact what follows is the whole of the "Useless" album, all of it performed surprisingly close to the album versions (keep in mind DTH have 2 guitarists plus TV on acoustic, while the BT only have one)! Great band these "Bored Teenagers"! In fact they "forget" to perform the title track of the album, which is the first song of the encore(s)! Then these songs follow: No Time To Be 21, Tomahawk Cruise, Replay, I Delete, Good Times Are Back, My Place, Television's Over, Great British Mistake, Back from the dead, Bombsite Boy.
The small club is very full, the lively audience asks them back for 3 encores in all. Great gig, full of energy, very loud (good thing I got earplugs on me), with a few surprises in the setlist! (Tomahawk Cruise & My Place most surprising for me. And they sound crisply good!)
Afterwards I chat with the TUTS again plus the merch guy (who's been employed by the band to do this and the driving - tells me he's been "on the road" before with TV & UK Subs), later Jonathan joins us too! :) I use the opportunity to buy the new Suzy & los Quattro cd and a TV & BT t-shirt.
Before it gets way too late, I decide to drive home, where I arrive about 2am after a loong day/night...  :)

Now that's what I like... a proper review including "sightseeing"...
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2017, 03:15:39 PM »
Thanks Phil, well you're on FB, so you can see the lots of photos from my sightseeing trips!

Here's proof that Klaus was there:

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
Many thanks for the review(s) Uli, but isn't that TJ with Jonathan?

I think I remember TJ...

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
Cheers Fred, no that is Klaus looking like Tj.  ;) (Klaus was lucky enough to have this pic taken before he spilled beer on his shirt!) Btw, he texted Fleagle last night and sent him pics. Does anyone remember Fleags?

And guess what Klaus & TV said when I mentioned that I might not come to Munich because of bad weather? "He's a good weather TV fan..."  :P (Of course, if I travel to Munich, I'd like to do some sightseeing...)

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »
Great review(s) Uli  :)

One of the guys in your pictures looks like Klaus.

Does anyone remember Klaus?  ???
Down like a stick...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »
I don't even remember TAFKAK!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Sore throat now... I blame it on the "singing"/screaming along in a smoky club...  ::)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »
Sore throat now... I blame it on the "singing"/screaming along in a smoky club...  ::)

You have to suffer for your enthusiasm..
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
You have to suffer for your enthusiasm..

One night of punkrock lifestyle... three (or more) days of suffering. That's not fair.  :(
(At least I don't have much work right now.)

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »
Setlist from Duesseldorf:

One Chord Wonders
Only One Flavour
My String Will Snap
Expensive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
Ready for the Axe to Drop
The Day We Caught the Big Fish
Generation Y
Gather Your Things and Go
Lion and the Lamb
Gary Gilmore’s Eyes
Bored Teenagers
Runaway Train Driver
Lord’s Prayer

Useless
Tomahawk Cruise
No Time To Be 21
Replay
I Delete
The Good Times Are Back

Safety In Numbers
Television's Over
Bombsite Boy

Back From The Dead
Great British Mistake
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »
My Flight from San Francisco -> Düsseldorf arrives at the 25. August around 16:00...

going straight to a gig will be fun
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D