Author Topic: TV Gigs 2017  (Read 47935 times)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
Re: TV Gigs 2017
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »
I only realised I had a couple of days 4th and 5th free, a couple of days ago and saw the Paris gig and just fancied it - but only myself can go - was wondering if anybody else going...

Wish I could... but probably not an option.  :(
If you ever fancy a German gig (down south) let me know, I'll be happy to accomodate you (and Sharon or whoever wants to hop along)!
Fred, you come over as well for a "real" German lesson.  :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:43:17 AM by Uli »
Just around the corner and miles away...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »
Anyone going to Kidderminster tonight?

I know that Alan Grundy aimed to, and I also hope to make it, but don't let that put you off!
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »
Not me, sadly.

Probably do at least one, if not both of the upcoming Maidstone gigs though.

Guessing that Phil will probably go...?
Down like a stick...

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »
Good things about The Boar's Head in Kidderminster:

Easy to find, plentiful parking in the area, Sid the very welcoming and helpful landlord (and his staff), the sizeable, enthusiastic, and very knowledgeable of Tim's back catalogue given the amount of singing along, crowd.

Bad thing about The Boar's Head:

No separation between the back (venue) and the front (bar open to the public) meant that there is a lot of noise leaking in.

Worst thing about The Boar's Head:

It's closing soon - I forgot to ask why, but it'll be a shame to lose yet another venue.

Myself and Mr Grundy again represented the TUTS last night. In a pre-gig conversation, Alan and I  got round to discussing how Easter was the perfect time for Wilko to be gigging given that he recently also came back from the dead. Which lead to an obvious request...

Which was duly picked up by Mr Smith. Indeed, the early part of the set was formed largely by requests (including a live rarity, "The Servant") Tim had received earlier in the evening. He duly fulfilled his audience's wishes and moved on to deliver another cracking set of great old and new songs. Indeed, one was so new we forgot to ask what it was called - "Green Zone" possibly?

The gig finished much as it began with Tim returning to the stage to immediate requests for "Clone Town" and "Useless" which were played alongside "Perhaps the Good Times are back" to bring proceedings to a close.

Another great gig in a good, IF RATHER NOISY, setting with a very appreciative crowd and good company - well worth the drive in horrendous conditions to get there.
TV SM!TH - for the beer and the company! (AND great songs too!)

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »
Thanks for this easter egg of a gig review!  :)

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »
Not me, sadly.

Probably do at least one, if not both of the upcoming Maidstone gigs though.

Guessing that Phil will probably go...?

Oh go on then!!!!
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »
I'd had the impression that the Munich gig (May 7th) of TV & the BT would be with support by Louise Distras (and "Los Pepes"), don't know where I'd read that, but now it seems to be wrong...  (it's just Los Pepes). Looking at the FB event, Louise is supposed to be "attending", well you never know, but I doubt it...  :-\

Offline TV

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2017, 12:35:39 AM »
Louise was originally advertised for this gig, but seems to have dropped off the bill - I don't know why!

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »
Louise was originally advertised for this gig, but seems to have dropped off the bill - I don't know why!

Possibly she'd planned German tour which didn't come together?  :-\

Offline TV

• Bored Teenager
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »
Very likely, Uli.

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Well I hope to catch her later. Anyway, looking forward to see you & the "teenagers" in Karlsruhe (or Munich, or both)!  8)

Offline Gabumon

• Cast Of Thousands
    • ICQ Messenger - 131442393
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gabumon18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »
Will be for the "Useless" Gig in Coesfeld, cant do Duesseldorf because no time
Welcome to the Chelsea Girl Store!

:D

Offline slaughterboy

• Cast Of Thousands
  • Now tick-free
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2017, 12:53:07 AM »
Return to Maidstone's Flowerpot for the first time since September 2015.

Arrived unfortunately early and caught the support. Folk smolk: sooooo not Mr & Mrs Slaughterboy. We repaired to the bar, only too pleased to drown our sorrows. TV was deep in conversation with a bloke I recognised from the previous Flowerpot gig and Phil likewise occupied with Mrs EKT. My Guinness was good as advertised and Helen did her usual trip through the bar list: cider, wine, Guinness...not in the same glass, mind. She no crazy!  :o

Anyway...TV did a very good impersonation of TV, in that he played the usual mixture of old and new, to a very knowledgeable and appreciative audience, bigger and better than his last visit. Phil had his notebook to hand so I'll leave the set list to him to post. Later. From his luxurious hotel suite  ;)

We'll be back for more Maidstone Teev tomorrow  :)
Down like a stick...

Offline EastKentTaff

• Cast Of Thousands
  • F..k me, Wales have qualified
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
Ok then, time to dust of the pencil..

Mrs Taff & I did arrive well on time for the support to the support.  Richie (Brake) had supported T.V. before and did a very good 45 mins set, all of self-penned material and just a guitar.

The 2nd support were The Dredgermen, a 3 piece (should of been 4), playing as Shayne says a smooschie mix of covers from a variety of sounds including "5 drunken nights" and "Molly Malone"..  at least it got the crowd involved..

T.V's set commenced at 2150hrs and, with Mrs Taff & Helen happily sitting at a nearby table, with alcohol in hand....Shayne & I parked ourselves in the "mulch-pit"..  Flowerpot!! get-it??..  ok then, I will return to the job in hand..

A good crowd of about 50 or so were crammed in the small bar.. and about another 30 or so, in the "upper-bar" watching on a TV screen (actually quite apt that..  T.V. screen!!  ok then... not!

21 songs of the usual quality that we love and we got..  Flavour, Keys, No Hope Street, 21, Wait, Reply, Delete, Lion, Big Fish, Expensive (with inflated lyric - Cinema ten quid), Rich, Tom Cruise, Overdose, String, What if, Gen Y, GBM, GGE, BT, OCW and RTD as encore.

After a day looking around a very nice National Trust property (Ightham Moat)..  No, No, I will not right a precise on it..  oh. if you insist..  Built in 1521 (shit, my pen ran out)......

Back into Maidstone to find at the 2nd attempt The Royal Albion.. (note to self..  look it up on the map before going to a gig!!) we had actually walked past it twice..  Anyhow.. The pub was very full when we arrived at 5pm and Best Intentions were already playing. The "stage" was on a landing between two seating areas, accessed by 4 stairs, which was also the way to the toilets..  their set was good and the sound was excellent, obviously well worked for the small space available.

T.V. was due on at 6pm and after "plugging in" a couple of tweeks and twngs he was away at 5.50pm, which caught a couple of people out.. no names as promised Shayne!!!

My vantage point was "on the stairs", and as I said before it was on the way to the toilets.. well the crowd must have been the most incontinent bunch I have ever seen to & fro, but I can report that no criticism can be laid on the bladders of the "punks" in attendance.. 

Flavour, 21, No control, CITL, Replay, Delete, Lion, Wheels, Complaints, Expensive (back to six quid), Rich, GBM, Pushed Again, Fish, Sunny Side Up, String, Gen Y, Poem, GGE, BT, OCW and Good Times as encore.

And so another excellent weekend and today writing this up with Suzy & Los Quatros playing and Mrs Taff saying "yup I could watch them!!)..  mmmm, now where is my RENFE timetable (Spanish railways to most of you)

Until the next time readers..  don't know where, don't know when, but I know weel meet again.......... 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:40:42 AM by EastKentTaff »
Phil Nicholson
Whitstable

Offline Uli

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
Thanks to EKT and Slboy for the reviews!  8)