Author Topic: Rebellion 2017  (Read 5987 times)

Offline GJ

• Great Explorer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rebellion 2017
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 12:39:19 AM »
Another Rebellion over and yet again I failed to see mre bands and drink less. Great to see Chris, Peter and Rebellion virgin Phil again. Early start for me on arriving on Thursday- only 20 minutes after getting off the train until Geoffrey Oi!cott, then I saw a bit of The Soap Girls (OK quite a lot of them actually) and they were really good. Bump into Peter as we enjoy In Evil Hour and Pears in the ballroom. Then 3  American  bands outside- Face To Face who were brilliant followed by Teenage Bottlerocket and Good Riddance- also excellent. Here I recognised Boris from Munich who Alan and I had the pleasure of meeting last year so I ask him to join the tuts lunchtime session the following day. Then it was TV and The BTs who were stunning- one song going staright into the next. Walk You Home was a surprise last song but it worked. Really good sound quality outside. Catch the  last half hour of Bad Religion who Iíd liked to have seen but they werenít in the same class as TV. Very impressed with 2 bands Iíd not seen before- 88 Fingers Louie and Bar Stool Preachers. Probably the best opening day ever.
Friday started with several beers in the Pump and Truncheon and we remembered Alan, not that weíll ever forget him. In time to get a seat in the acoustic room for TVís set which went by far too quickly- No Control is another classic. Another great set in the Opera house was followed by the wonderful Johnny Moped and The Godfathers who were fantastic. Things got a bit hazy at that point so I decide not to have any more beer. Unfortunately Joe from DOA bought me one so, naturally, I had to by him one. I do remember DOA being on top form but canít recall much about Slaves.
Saturdayís highlights were 999 who were as good as Iíve seen them and got the biggest crowd Iíd seen them pull in the ballroom- also Misty In Roots were great headlining the outside stage. Not Sensibles were great fun too. Tiger Sex we saw on Phil's recommendation musically they were great. I think that's why he recommended them but I'm sure theyll be clips on youtube so make your own minds up. Saturday ends with me falling asleep in Wetherspoons.
Last day I meet Boris in the pub, just to have a couple. That plan went out of the window when the beer we were drinking ran out and Titanic Vaniila Stout came on. Boris declared he had never tasted anything like this special beer before so we stayed in there for 4 hours. On the way to the venue we went in The Blackpool Dungeon which was a good laugh and we just make it in time for The Vibrators. Dirtbox Disco were very entertaining as always then Boris said he wanted to stay and watch Last Resort. Iíd normally avoid a band of old skinheads with a union jack backdrop but there were surprisngly good. Richie Ramone next, who swapped between singing out front and from behind the kit. Hope to see him again. The Skids finished things off- never a fan back in the day but they were really good. Said goodbye to Peter and Boris and hope to see them next year.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:42:27 AM by GJ »

Offline Fred21

• The Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
A footballing link to Rebellion. Nick who runs the hotel that Alan and Chris, Peter and I all stay/stayed in also goes to Rebellion. Claret knows him too and the festival weekend is his favourite time of the year. Several photos of him at Rebellion with us TUTS in various stages of non-sobriety are to be found on this very website.

Anyway, this is his nephew knocking in the goals on the RIGHT side of the Trent (He's signed to F*r*st but enjoyed playing for us so much last season that he's back for the whole year this time!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alNwZALJjUU

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
Setlist
Bored Teenagers 4.8.2017

Only One Flavour
Tomahawk Cruise
My String Will Snap
I Delete
Lion And The Lamb
Expansive Being Poor
Immortal Rich
Ready for The Axe To Drop
Generation Y
Gather Your Things And Go
Good Times Are Back
Runaway Train Driver
The Lords Prayer
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)

Offline Mansunkid

• Great Explorer
  • Peter
    • ICQ Messenger - 458532593
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:11 AM »
Setlist
Tim Solo 4.8.2017

Not In My Name
No Control
We Stand Alone
Written Out
Keys To The World
Coming In To Land
The Day We Caught The Big Fish
No Hope Street
Land Of The Overdose
Gary Gilmoreís Eyes
One Chord Wonders
Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thalia Zedek)